Вернуться   Форум по искусству и инвестициям в искусство > English forum > Art Kaleidoscope
 English | Русский Forum ARTinvestment.RU RSS Регистрация Дневники Справка Сообщество Сообщения за день Поиск

Art Kaleidoscope Interesting and relevant information about art. Discuss general art issues and any topics not covered in other forums. It’s only about art — love, politics, sports, hobbies etc. are discussed in “Chatter”.

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 10.09.2008, 06:38 Язык оригинала: Русский       #1
Гуру

Поблагодарили 16,455 раз(а) в 4,506 сообщениях
Записей в дневнике: 273
По умолчанию Alexander Glaser: The West, I felt Sent

When he was expelled from the Soviet Union, did not know what they're doing an informal ambassador of Russia art in the West
Alexander Glaser - a collector and an informal post-Soviet art director of the Museum of Contemporary Russian Art in the Greater New York, organizer of many art exhibitions (including one of the founders of the "bulldozer" of the exhibition), artkritik, the author of several books on Russian art, published in the United States, Britain and France. Poet, translator of Georgian poetry, the publisher of magazines "Third Wave" and "Sagittarius". Expelled from the USSR in 1975.

Читать дальше... 
- 25 years for any project deadline is very large, and even more so for the organization, which manages all these years, one man, and, in fact, one works there. Technical Assistant I do not think so. How did you get a quarter-century not only kept afloat, but also expand the activities of the museum?

- You know, you must have a purpose and always strive to achieve it. When I was expelled from the USSR, Oscar Rabin, shouted to me at the airport "Sheremetyevo": "You're not going away, you're going away on a business trip!". And I top him and my other mourners said: "Guys, I break through to you through the Bolsheviks!".

So, in the West, I felt detached. I wanted to do as much as possible, to help the informal and unofficial artists poets and prose writers, who in a totalitarian regime bravely fought for the freedom of creativity. And how to help? For artists - to make exhibitions with catalogs, make them known to somehow protect from persecution. And I was able to establish two museums: in 1977 in France, and in 1980 even in the United States. These museums are working synchronously, and logistical Museum in Jersey City, helped to withstand the museum in Montgeron. The two museums before 1991 had the opportunity to organize or participate in the organization of more than one hundred and sixty solo and group exhibitions within its walls, as well as in the museums of France, Britain, Japan, in showrooms and galleries in Austria, West Germany, Italy, Holland, Switzerland, Belgium . Wrote about them in newspapers and magazines, published catalogs. All this is entered in the USSR and moral help the artist.

In addition, I created a publishing house in Paris, "Third Wave" and the eponymous magazine. The journal published articles about the exhibitions of Russian artists in the West, the publishing house published a book about them. In London and New York published a book, written by me in collaboration with art historian Igor Golomshtok "Unofficial Art from the USSR. And all this is also entered in Moscow. By the way, in New York, I have founded the monthly magazine "Sagittarius".

- And how it looked in the Soviet comrades?

- Bad, of course. Four times I send for a purpose to their agentok. Double openly threatened me. Especially since, as in Paris and in New York opened the gallery "Moscow-Petersburg".

- And what happened after 1991?

- After 1991, I returned to Moscow and began to exhibit non-Russian art, not only in Moscow and St. Petersburg, and Vladivostok, Nizhny Novgorod, Kharkov, Odessa, Zaporozhye ... And everywhere with me, young artists came and said: "Your crushed by bulldozers, but they became famous, and spit on us all. Help me! ".

And since 1994, I began to organize a museum exhibition, both group and personal, painters and graphic artists who declared themselves in the years publicity. My goal was to take them to New York artrynok.

- I failed?

- Partially. You see, I can well imagine what a difficult task, designed for many years. We did the exhibition not only in his museum, these artists are exhibited in galleries in New York and Philadelphia, and in Vermont, and in Paris. Well, of course, and in Moscow, and Kharkov and Zaporozhye museums, and the State exhibition complex in Nizhny Novgorod.

- Gain a Western collectors of our young or relatively young artists?

- Of course. And we are in a museum, and in New York galleries and at auctions in Paris collectors acquired paintings and graphics by contemporary artists. Particularly successful're doing with Muscovites Maria Vladimirova and Boris Ivanov, Nizhny Novgorod Viktor Gryaznov and Vyacheslav Golovchenko, KHARKOV Taguhi Barseghyan.

About Vladimirova, for example, one New York newspaper published a material called "Russian artist, who had conquered New York. The famous Russian art collector informal Professor Norton Dodge acquired three of its paintings, and now rizhanki Ludmila Perez, graphics KHARKOV Olga Nazarkin and vladivostoktsa Eugene Makeev. But even before he bought two paintings and numerous drawings of Fame Polishchuk, who lives now in New York.

By the way, we are cooperating with the Paris Inter Stella Galerie and has already spent a few exhibitions.

- Recently in your museum was an exhibition "Malevich and his heirs, in November, this exhibition will be held in Moscow, and later in Paris. First there were Paris and New York, then was added to Moscow and other Russian and Ukrainian cities. What will happen tomorrow?

- There are plans to open a gallery as a branch of our museum in Prague, as well as museum and gallery in Berlin. Finally, it will be opened soon in our gallery and museum.

- What are the exhibitions held in the museum yet this year?

- In September - an exhibition dedicated to 25-year anniversary of the museum in October - the exhibition "An unknown Russia-7. That is, the exposition painters and graphic artists who have recently expressed a desire to cooperate with our museum. In December - IV Biennale of Contemporary Russian drawings and sculptures, which, incidentally, will then be shown in Kharkov and Zaporozhye museums and, of course, in Moscow.

In January in Moscow, we will open an exhibition "Russia-USA, which in February this year was held in our museum. It will involve Russian artists living in Russia and America.

- How many exhibitions organized your museum for 25 years?

- Our museum since its inception has organized and participated in the organization of two hundred and seventy-nine exhibitions.

- And what of the exhibition particularly memorable?

- Well, first, an exhibition at the Palais des congrès in Paris in 1976, an exhibition at the Institute of Contemporary Arts in London in 1977, an exhibition in the halls of Congress and U.S. Senate in Washington in 1983, especially since it was accompanied by hours of TV channel about Russian art free (unheard of in the U.S. case!), unofficial Russian art of the Biennale in Venice in 1978 and, finally, in 1994 there were two memorable exhibition devoted to the 20 th anniversary of the Bulldozer Exhibition "1974 - Moscow Gallery" Beliaevo and in Paris in the halls of the Embassy of Russia in France. And, of course, I can not forget the exhibition at the Tretyakov Gallery "Lianozovo group. The origins and destiny. It was held in 1998. And. Especially memorable exposition, an exhibition of my collection, held in 1994 at the Museum of Fine Arts. Pushkin. Opening it, the museum director Irina Antonova said: "And now you will see the exhibition of the classics of Russian art of the second half of the twentieth century.

I would have to say about such important things as the promotion of contemporary artists in New York and other artrynki to help find the names. Now, it seems, realized my old plan.

We will select five to ten most interesting artists and begin to put them on the route Moscow-New York-Paris. We will try to include them eventually work in auctions. In general, I admitted to almost everything.

- Still, almost? ..

- Well, I must have somehow intriguing ...

Natalia Dawson, New York
22.09.2005 http://www.novayagazeta.ru/data/2005/70/37.html
-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------
  Trip ... thirty years: http://www.newsvm.com/print/2008/06/25/glezer.html
Миниатюры
Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 3gleser.jpg
Просмотров: 379
Размер:	69.1 Кб
ID:	34526  

Евгений вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Эти 4 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо Евгений за это полезное сообщение:
antip (10.09.2008), dedulya37 (10.09.2008), Glasha (10.09.2008), Кирилл Сызранский (10.09.2008)
Ответ

Метки
nonconformist, Russian art