Вернуться   Форум по искусству и инвестициям в искусство > English forum > Appraisal
 English | Русский Forum ARTinvestment.RU RSS Регистрация Дневники Справка Сообщество Сообщения за день Поиск

Appraisal Find out where and how you can get artworks appraised. Discussions related to fine art appraisal.

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 29.08.2008, 21:15 Язык оригинала: Русский       #1
Гуру

Поблагодарили 16,455 раз(а) в 4,506 сообщениях
Записей в дневнике: 273
По умолчанию Questions of attribution of pictures ...

Vladimir Petrov on forgery (part of the article, a little old, but still relevant) ...
Who ..."- fake?

- From "a" to "I" - from Alisova and Akulova to Jacobi and Yaroshenko. Landscapes, still lifes, portraits, genre scenes, interiors, nude. Up to the fact that the historical picture of the life of the Vikings to be works of
Читать дальше... 
Sergei Gribkova in ancient story. Landscapes Aivazovsky "make" from the French and Italians; Welz, Schultze, Schilder, Orlovsky, Kryzhitsky, Klodt, Krachkovskogo - from the Danes and Germans. Alexei Bogolyubov and Lev Lagorio - in many - from the British, German and Scandinavian marine painters. It's a shame - now, for example, came a book published by "White City" about Bogolyubovo, thick volume, nearly catalog-reason. And there is already one of the first pages of such gizmos. I know several attribution of articles written on the basis of converted and newly discovered "paintings. "Shishkin" a lot - use canvases Dusseldorf school: at the level of technology, and stylistically they are often really very close to Shishkin.

- But all the "original" picture this upgrade - at least add a signature. It is invisible?

- Used as a forged signature - 90%of cases "in the dry, so fresh paint flow into the old craquelure, and it was all clear. We have done differently - with skill, with preservation of the nature of the author's written invoice angle, it puts his signature "on-wet". Then the joint severe pollution and a special lacquer, which quickly gives the crack. And under a microscope looks like an old signature.

And then, there is a variety of approaches. Provenance falsify - write any accompanying picture of the paper, on the back of strong dedication. Composed, for example: "favorite nephew of Uncle Misha Nesterova, it all got old and then specifically. I even showed how to pre-revolutionary German card, which reproduced "Behold, this is the most" taken "from grandmother over the wall" painting "Makovsky" - in fact, the western. Postcard decrepit yellow. I overstrain it - it is completely inside the white, new. Or page of the old Russian magazine, "the Sun of Russia" for example, an old, wrinkled, spotted by flies, that's her text about Leo Tolstoy, but the picture Chernetsova that sell. And all this is simulated.

- And they all can be discerned? If because of all these coincidences and contrivances technical technological expertise gives nothing?

- Can. After examination consists not only of technology. Technology, as a blood test, only an aid to the diagnostician. Technological scheme - canvas, the nature of the soil, drawing, color, general methods of constructing the paint layer is very similar for many artists, especially - academics XIX century that the German, that the Danish, that Russian. Radiograph is not always without a range of other studies, may give the correct result. For paintings Levitan, for example, is characterized by several types of X-rays. As a signature - this is at least Surikova almost any signature "hanging" on the varnish. So if you rely only on it, all our Surikova have a museum pass. But some artists - such as Kuindzhi and Vasily Vereshchagin - almost all are signed, and signature on any sketch not so much convincing as alarming.

Therefore, it is equally important, on the one hand - to the maximum to know and feel the "hidden" features the artist's style, inimitable quality of his compositional thinking, attitude to space, light and color, internal rhythm - I call it "nervous system" of painting on the other -- as widely as possible and provide a detailed historical and artistic context, to remember the facts of parallelism possible "the double" in the art, for example, on very similar academic northern art with ours. And then you will not make mistakes like that and admit, when I saw some work only in the field of history of Russian landscape painting, which I know very well, and which is only valid designated signature on bogus artist, for example, Schultze and Schilder, very similar some of the Scandinavians, could write such a picture. By the way, "faceless" academic art, besides depicting the western landscape of sea and land - Italian, Swiss and Scandinavian - reasons that are often written and Russian artists, it is easier and often falsified.

- But it does mean that forgers are very educated people, very knowledgeable and Russian, and German, and Danish art.

- I think it makes people very familiar with the history of art and, so to speak, is not alien to the art-restoration and the museum environment. Some counterfeits are created with great flair. Removed some items and entered the other: instead of castles, church, houses and non-Russian "windmills are entered the church, the Russian and Ukrainian cottages lodges, and for credibility in the picture" Orlovsky "added beehives, decks and straw figures in Ukrainian" Bryl ", in Landscapes Savrasov - crows and birch trees with its original paintings and drawings. I saw two forged a still life of Konstantin Makovsky a remark under the caption "Kachanivka. The artist was staying at the estate near Chernigov - very few people in general knows this, so still and the inscription was obviously copied from one job Makovsky of the funds of the Russian Museum!

- There have been any cases of such fraud in the history of the art market?

- The very situation that has provoked an unprecedented game. What would give the French for the English or vice versa? For the first time on the national market, national artist of one hundred times more expensive than the foreign masters of the same school and age. It must be emphasized that not all the artists whose pictures are used as the basis for the forgery, the weak and little known. Some used the Danish, German, Czech (Adolf Praise) and Hungarian (Aurel Naray) the most highly respected artists in the homeland, sometimes, like the Danes and Aagaard Myulsted (not to be confused with Myunstedom also very prominent Danish landscapes, not just "Russian-language"), are in the homeland personal museums. Or, for example, Louis Gurlitt, a Danish-German artist, classic late Biedermeier. He is very well known at home, but in France and England it is unlikely to buy it. Therefore, it is inexpensive. And our customers sweep all that with a Russian name. Converted to an hierarchy - and the price has jumped nearly 50 times. Or did some of William Porsta Russian Fyodor Vasilyev - and the price rose from € 1 thousand, for which this same William sold in Munich in 2003, to € 300 thousand

New rogues behave with such disrespect for art. A artist Alexei Trankovskaya, unprofessional, but distinctive. So his "reworking" in Troutovsky, Grandkovskogo or Makovsky, Vladimir and Constantine. This is not just a scam, the murder of names.

I have been in the history of Russian landscape painting of the XIX century, including painters circle of the Moscow Society of Art Lovers and the Moscow Association of Artists. They were more than a hundred artists, who were grouped around Savrasov, Polenova, Levitan and to emulate them. Many members were in the St. Petersburg Society of Artists (Constantine Makovsky circle). Yes, some of these are not too well-known artists have come to the market. But what happened to the others? They were very prolific, but Levin - Levitan, and Jartsev or Zaretsky - Polenov. Almost any salon portrait, which has the misfortune to be similar to the "chic" Makovsky - already with his signature. A tremendous, not just reproduce the picture before the revolution, now-forgotten artist AN Tretyakov "Village Festival" for sale in one of our most famous auction houses as the work of AI Kulikov. In the Soviet era fakes, too lacking. But there was some kind of measure. Last year I was terrified for the fate of art. I know that pictures of these artists were, but now they are not. But there is the mass of "new" works the greatest masters, of which there is no word in the old sources. Previously, forgery and "alterations" under the "big names" had been five to ten percent, now over sixty, besides the expense of other good artists.

- But the establishment of the Association antiquarians and art dealers with a strict code of ethics, the guild of experts, where you enter. Rosokhrankultura plans to introduce compulsory certification of experts.

- I am a pessimist. Behind all this is the social situation, all have a piece, all comfortable. A meeting of the Guild of Experts, which I occasionally participate, become tyagomotnuyu chatter. In the early 1990's, when negotiated and adopted the law on import-export, I wrote a draft, how to rebuild Institute of Expertise, certify experts. There was no problem of money and disgrace the conscience and the restructuring was indeed possible. Then we, the experts happy to go to each other's homes, shared information, joint attribution advice, arguing about the truth. Now this speech is no ".......
http://www.kommersant.ru/doc.aspx?DocsID=701311
Миниатюры
Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: X20060830007_t250w.jpg
Просмотров: 464
Размер:	24.8 Кб
ID:	30036  

Евгений вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Эти 10 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо Евгений за это полезное сообщение:
A-K (06.05.2013), Admin (30.08.2008), antip (30.08.2008), ddd911 (14.01.2009), dedulya37 (29.08.2008), DSF (30.08.2008), Glasha (30.08.2008), Red Art (01.10.2008), uriart (30.08.2008), Vitto6 (16.04.2009)
Ответ

Метки
attribution of paintings, fake, expert Petrov