Сообщение от Cyril Syzransky
Of the 71 known eggs to have survived only 62. The vast majority of them are stored in public museums. Imperial eggs is known 54: to have survived 46 pieces, made by royal order, the rest are known from the descriptions, accounts and old photographs and was considered lost. Only one of them, "St. George", was able to leave the Bolshevik Russia, together with the legitimate owner - in 1918, in the luggage of Empress Maria Feodorovna, who went through the Crimea to his homeland, Denmark. Others remained in Petrograd. Obviously, most of them disappeared in the confusion, other (24 pcs.? "), Along with other imperial jewels were moved to the new capital in the future of the Kremlin's Diamond store.
There they were kept packed until about 1930, when the sale of the common cultural heritage of Soviet Russia in search of funds, on Stalin's orders 14
of them were sold, and how to claim some costs less than 400 $
. Selling process of establishing a law office under the name "Antiques". Most of them were purchased by Armand Hammer and Emmanuel Snoumenom Wareckie, British dealers Faberge.
After collection, stored in the Kremlin, the largest collection managed to collect New York magnate Forbes. It includes 11 Imperial eggs, a few scattered "surprises" from unknown or unpreserved eggs, and 4 private eggs (total 15). In February 2004, the heirs of the Forbes collection supposed to put up for auction, wherever it is probably gone by the piece, but a few days before the auction the collection has been completely bought out Russian oligarch Viktor Vekselberg. Viktor Vekselberg is also the founder of the cultural and historical foundation "Link of Times" and in the museum exhibition, with the same name, you can see this collection in Moscow.
Results in their historical motherland, Russia, Faberge eggs, which became one of its characters, can now be seen in four places. Among them, besides the above Armory and Vekselberg collection include: Russian National Museum (a private museum in Moscow, Alexander Ivanov) and the Mineralogical Museum. Fersman Academy of Sciences, Moscow.
[color="# 666686"]Added after 3 minutes[/color]
Сообщение от Cyril Syzransky
Codex Sinaiticus Bible, the book Sinai (Latin: Codex Sinaiticus) - a list of the Bible in Greek, is now considered the oldest uncial parchment manuscript of the Bible.
In 1933 the Soviet government, believing Christian relic from a liability to the atheistic state, sold the entire Code of the British Museum for the 100 000 pounds.
for sale was conducted under the personal order of Stalin. Money for the purchase of the British gathered for 1 day. Since 1973, the code stored in the British Library. Thus, in the present Code is divided between Leipzig (43 sheets, acquired Tischendorf in 1844) and London (the remaining 347 plates, transported them in 1859 in Russia). In St. Petersburg there were only fragments of the three sheets of the Code. In 1975 the monks of the monastery of St. Catherine discovered a secret room in which, among other manuscripts found 12 missing sheet Code, as well as 14 fragments. Although at one time the Emperor Alexander II sent to Sinai in gratitude 9 000 rubles, modern monks raised the question of the legality of the alienation of the monument Tischendorf. In their view, a German scientist, as a representative of the "pirate Archeology» XIX century, misled the abbot of the monastery. In support of their case, they refer to preserved receipt, in which the scientist promises to return the parchment to the monastery soon after their scientific publications.
In 2005, all four sheets of the owner agreed on a code that will be carried out to high-quality scanning with a view to placing the full text online. The first digital photographs were published July 24, 2008 and available to all wishing to address www.codex-sinaiticus.net
. It is planned that in July 2009, the texts will be available in full.
Codex Sinaiticus was written on vellum, 38,1 see 33,7-35,6 see the text on the sheet located in the four columns of 48 lines each. Text color - pale brown.
As in most ancient manuscripts, the words of the text written without spaces, as the division uses only point at the end of sentences. There are no signs of stress and aspiration. Citations of text from the Old Testament were not written in bold text. Partitioning of ammonium and canons of Eusebius are highlighted in red, and possibly added another scribe. All text written in Greek uncial letter.
Researchers believe that over the Codex Sinaiticus worked three of the scribe (called A, B and D). In addition, it is obvious from IV century to the XII century about 9 copyists have made adjustments to the text.
It has been suggested that the Codex Sinaiticus is one of the fifty manuscripts of the Divine Scriptures, ordered about 331 AD Emperor Constantine Eusebius of Caesarea (De vita Constantini, IV, 37).