Вернуться   Форум по искусству и инвестициям в искусство > English forum > Art Kaleidoscope
 English | Русский Forum ARTinvestment.RU RSS Регистрация Дневники Справка Сообщество Сообщения за день Поиск

Art Kaleidoscope Interesting and relevant information about art. Discuss general art issues and any topics not covered in other forums. It’s only about art — love, politics, sports, hobbies etc. are discussed in “Chatter”.

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 06.08.2008, 08:59 Язык оригинала: Русский       #1
Гуру

Поблагодарили 38,258 раз(а) в 5,446 сообщениях
По умолчанию Black Legend of the Impressionists

In one translated my article mentioned conditions for the existence of the Impressionists, and I remember our Master expressed his disagreement with the view of Catherine meslin, which quoted the author of the article.
This chapter of the book meslin "Mirages of modern art" dedicated to the Impressionists.
It puts forward the idea of how you can feel it when reading the text that the story of poverty and generally every misfortune Impressionists fanned the apologists of modern art in order to preemptively shut their mouths all their opponents.

Note: in this text «Actual Art» (in the original Art contemporain) means a certain fraction of art from the 60-ies. The twentieth century, and «Contemporary Art» (Art Moderne) - Art, roughly speaking, from the beginning of the twentieth century to the 60-ies.

Читать дальше... 

The first component of the legend. Impressionists systematically rejected by the Salon

From the catalog of the exhibition "Impressionism and the French landscape" implies that, for example, between 1859 m and 1870 m Degas and Berthe Morisot offered their works at the Salon of seven times, and in each case, these works were undertaken; Basile had been rejected once, and adopted four, Pissarro was passed seven times, and rejected three; Renoir passed five times, and rejected four; Sisley adopted three times and rejected by two; Monet adopted three times and rejected three times, too. Only Cezanne ... was rejected for three consecutive years. With this exception in general Impressionists were evaluated positively. In the 1878-m of the jury, selected works at the World Fair, and consisting of representatives of the official art, rejected not only the works of the Impressionists, but also the work of artists such as Delacroix, Millet (generally speaking, his name - Millet, but I follow the traditions of Russian writing, make it clear what kind of artist in question), Rousseau, Bari, Ricard, Truayon ... But someone today indignant refusal to accept the work by Delacroix?

The second component is a legend. Impressionists starved

Consider the numbers. In 1882-m Pissarro, less fortunate than Monet, Renoir and Degas, earned 12 000 francs. For comparison: the annual salary in 1880 of a school teacher was 1 000-1 500 francs. So, Pissarro earned ten times as much - only ten years after the great exhibition in 1874 th, at which the Impressionists had placed on himself. Maybe it's time to stop telling lies about the fact that they led a miserable existence? Cezanne's father was a banker, and moreover, desiring to protect their children from having to pay inheritance tax, he rewrote with life all his children. In 1871, Cezanne, who was 31, had a decent rent, more than enough to comfortably live life ... Cezanne is considered the father of modern art that gives the wicked tongues occasion to say that the grandfather of modern art was a banker, and recall that for a long time, Cezanne's portrait appeared on the bill of 100 francs ...

Among the artists close to the Impressionists, there were poor people - for example, Van Gogh. But he had a brother who was paying him a pension. Count Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec supported the family. Manet, Morisot, Degas came from wealthy families. Let's not talk about Mary Cassettes - she had a millionaire. One Sisley died in poverty (his father went bankrupt), failing to reap the financial fruits of his talent.

Impressionists very early on started to be collected: the famous baritone Faure buy Degas and Pissarro in 1870. Count Doria, starting from 1874 the first to buy Cezanne, whose first customer at Vollara was blind, which proves that already at that time, speculation on the works of art was not unknown occupation. Wealthy businessman tissue Ernest Oshide, client Durand-Ruelle, speculated on a new school of painting, arranging the sale of their works 13th January 1874 First, the very year when the famous exhibition was organized by the photographer Nadar. I must say that it is extremely agile Durand-Ruel made every effort to ensure that raise quotation, - he became the first Marchand that financed the magazine to promote his art works owned.

It should be mentioned a fact which no one stops. Impressionists were very lucky: already in 1870, they became interested in the brilliant Marchand, Durand-Ruel. In his recently published biography emphasizes: "Art Market was born with him and owe him everything. He made a real revolution. "

Do not think that I forget about Van Goga, "suicide on the fault of society." Medical history of the family van Gogh gives the following information: "Every summer at the Van Gogh advancing manic period, accompanied by the exaltation of his paintings. Theo, his brother, was placed in a psychiatric hospital of Utrecht, and died psychotic; youngest brother committed suicide; Wilhelmina, sister, and spent many years in a psychiatric hospital. We must acknowledge that this family pathology is withheld, despite the fact that it sheds light on the behavior of Van Gogh. This silence allows effortless injure the public today, to impress on her guilt.

A Gauguin, Gauguin poor, forced to go to the edge of the world, because no one understood it? In a letter to Gauguin to his wife, written in March 1895, you can read the following lines: "I fought like hell to raise its quotation and spread rumors about his departure, to make clear that my pictures would be very rare." Causes samoizgnaniya Gauguin not quite are what they assumed. Henri de Monfred wrote to him: "There is a danger that your visit will prevent believe that the emerging about you in public, would destroy the myth: Now you - an incredible, legendary artist, who sends out far away in Oceania are also wonderful, inimitable paintings, works of the great man, who fled, if I may say so, our world. You shall be inviolable, sacrosanct as the great men after death, you entered the history of art. " Yeah, really, when you need to fabricate a legend (which is not denied a great talent as an artist Gauguin), the God of hope, but those who help themselves.

This is a young art from 1874-the first was supported by the press: journalists such as Georges Riviere, Octave Mirbeau, as well as some of Zola, is not afraid to defend the Impressionists, Stephane Mallarme praised Manet, Camille Mandes - Cezanne. Of course, there were people who rejected impressionism, but it is impossible to speak about a conspiracy of silence, which presently doomed to a slow death today's artists do not fit on the Procrustean bed of modern art.

Now you should look into "terrible reactionaries" who were not Impressionists. Zola, enthusiastically greeted their appearance, hoping that this revolutionary technique of painting will be just as critical and in relation to society. However, this did not happen, and Zola broke with that too bourgeois art. Impressionists - in contrast to some "official" artists - absolutely no interest in social issues. "Absinthe" Degas, "Workers, polishing parquet Caillebotte are exceptions. It is known that Pissarro was sympathetic to anarchism, but it's not reflected in his paintings. Generally speaking, it is understandable: after Impressionism was "painting a festive day of life," he sang radiance of the world, rural festivals and girls in color, that is, plots, completely shocking the bourgeois mentality. In 1886-m disappointed Zola wrote a novel "product", the hero of which is a failed artist. Cezanne, he served as the prototype, distanced himself from him. Does this mean that Zola was one of the most "terrible reactionaries"?

The debate "for or against the Impressionists" were not conducted between "positive" and "negative" segments of society. Here is a description Durand-Ruelle, who owe all the Impressionists: "anti-Semite, antiprotestant, antifrankmason, ultra-conservative ... He risked his reputation and family status, protecting the artists of the avant-garde, which he kept for over forty years ... <... > He was patronized by Monet, a staunch Republican, and at your own risk hid Courbet's work, which should have been seized by government order.

All are reminders that the Impressionists supposedly no one understood and did not take - is not a belated expression of sympathy. This - manipulation in order to disarm the viewer. Once he has the temptation to reject any piece of modern art, the Impressionists were blackmailing him: "Do not act like your ancestors, do not reject, then you certainly can not go wrong!" - As if all the errors only occur from a lack of tolerance, as if can not go wrong because of excessive tolerance ... This is one of the most compelling ways of intellectual terrorism: the more primitive trick, so it is effective is ...

Actually - and I think it is even seen by the tone of this chapter - must be borne in mind that the book meslin very interesting, it's still a pamphlet.

LCR вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Эти 24 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо LCR за это полезное сообщение:
Admin (06.08.2008), Allena (06.08.2008), dedulya37 (06.08.2008), don pedro (11.02.2009), DSF (09.08.2008), eva777 (13.01.2009), Flora (06.01.2011), fross (06.08.2008), Glasha (11.11.2009), iosif (06.08.2008), Jasmin (09.07.2009), K-Maler (11.02.2009), kozhinart (11.02.2009), Marjana (11.02.2009), Ninni (06.08.2008), qwerty (06.08.2008), SDN (11.02.2009), Seriy (08.02.2014), Tana (03.11.2008), Артём (12.02.2009), Евгений (06.08.2008), патриот (12.02.2009), Прохожий (11.02.2009), СергейСпб (09.02.2014)
Старый 06.08.2008, 11:01 Язык оригинала: Русский       #2
Авторитет

Поблагодарили 1,260 раз(а) в 339 сообщениях
Записей в дневнике: 1

LCR,
Thank you, very interesting.
In this case, the author's polemical fervor, not only does not prevent, but even helps the presentation.
Personally, I am tolerant to extremes, but never, under any circumstances, would deem zaformalinennuyu severed and the animal's head for the art. Although if someone thinks so - let them believe it is their right.
Relatively high prices for cut and zaformalinennye head - that is just completely clear: the market for goods is not essential buyer acquires no good, and his image, which becomes part of the buyer's own image.
Otherwise, dress haute couture would not be worth 100 times more expensive than the store, and 1000 times more expensive than the "Leydiz market" in Gokonge.
Oh, sorry, I do not read French ...

And another question: where you can read Choline?

iosif вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Этот пользователь сказал Спасибо iosif за это полезное сообщение:
Marjana (11.02.2009)
Старый 06.08.2008, 11:44 Язык оригинала: Русский       #3
Гуру

Цитата:
Сообщение от iosif Посмотреть сообщение

Oh, sorry, I do not read French ...
What would you like to read in French?

Цитата:
And another question: where you can read Choline?
You know, Howlin 'I read 35 years ago, in typewritten form
I know that was published several collections, take a look at Google, there's very much available.

Воть please found on Gogol: "The first book Igor Howlin 'Living in the barracks" with pictures of Viktor Pivovarov came in 1989, when the author turned 69 years old. "

Next: http://lib.rin.ru/doc/i/38645p2.html here is a poem.

http://www.hrono.info/biograf/bio_h/holin_is.html here, too (the other).

http://www.rvb.ru/np/publication/01text/05/02holin.htm here are many of them.

Well, you will proceed to yourself, okay?

Этот пользователь сказал Спасибо LCR за это полезное сообщение:
Glasha (11.11.2009)
Старый 06.08.2008, 13:33 Язык оригинала: Русский       #4
Авторитет

LCR,
thanks for Choline, already found.
French (if I could) I'd like to read, for example, verses Gala's first husband (I have a problem with memory for names). She is sensed geniuses, and in the Russian translation me something is not hooked.
And yet, if I could read French, then a week ago was not looking for a midnight hotel in the villages of Besancon. Hotels full, but all the doors are closed, the people no one on the door - the inscription where to call. A call is useless, due to lack of vocabulary

Старый 06.08.2008, 13:38 Язык оригинала: Русский       #5
Гуру

Поблагодарили 25,442 раз(а) в 5,540 сообщениях
Записей в дневнике: 250

Цитата:
Сообщение от LCR Посмотреть сообщение
You know, Howlin 'I read 35 years ago, in typewritten form
I know that was published several collections, take a look at Google, there's very much available.
http://www.ozon.ru/?context=search&text =????? Igor Choline published several collections, they are now quite comfortable you can buy in Russia, not sofa. While in typewritten form was certainly romantic, the forbidden fruit and all that

Vladimir вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 06.08.2008, 15:11 Язык оригинала: Русский       #6
Гуру

Well I do not have all read in samizdat, read anything and we tamizdat

Here, for example, such a case: a 75-m, an exhibition opened at the VDNKh - first, in Beekeeping. It was winter or early spring, cold, horror, turn stands for a few days, and the last in the queue - a fat old man on crutches.
I had a few prigrasitelnyh tickets, I approached him and invited him to undertake. So while we walked to the door past the queue, the man who was a professor at the Faculty of Geography Moscow State University, managed to offer me, as he will watch the exhibition, go to his apartment to read the next volume of the Archipelago, which was stored in specially done for this hole in the mattress , and gave me the keys. How do you like that kind of conspiracy, eh?

We are with him then were friends.

Эти 2 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо LCR за это полезное сообщение:
Glasha (11.11.2009), Кирилл Сызранский (08.02.2014)
Старый 06.08.2008, 15:21 Язык оригинала: Русский       #7
Авторитет

Vladimir,
  Forbidden fruit is not always sweet. Especially when he was carrying in a briefcase on the street. I had tamizdatovskaya book "Poetry for the barbed wire." It is for this one someone gave 6 years of real zones. Very especially cheerful ...

Старый 11.02.2009, 09:45 Язык оригинала: Русский       #8
Гуру

Поблагодарили 3,655 раз(а) в 1,672 сообщениях
Записей в дневнике: 4
По умолчанию Actual art ... .. "black legend ..."

Thank you for having taken this subject, the status quo, many are dissatisfied, appeared disappointed by the fact that resulted in so long-awaited freedom ... This has already begun to discuss, there is a similar article on the 12 collection AIS (St. Petersburg) ... precisely in connection with the "actual" art ...

K-Maler вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 11.02.2009, 11:58 Язык оригинала: Русский       #9
Бывалый

Поблагодарили 2,155 раз(а) в 404 сообщениях

Цитата:
LCR,
French (if I could) I'd like to read, for example, verses Gala's first husband (I have a problem with memory for names). She is sensed geniuses, and in the Russian translation me something is not hooked.
Gala's first husband was the poet Paul Eluard.

Ilona вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Этот пользователь сказал Спасибо Ilona за это полезное сообщение:
NATA NOVA (21.11.2009)
Старый 12.02.2009, 00:05 Язык оригинала: Русский       #10
Старожил

Поблагодарили 428 раз(а) в 146 сообщениях

(translated as able)

Later years

The end of 1880. Impressionists lived in relative affluence although professional wrestling has continued. At the scene came new artists, young and bold: Seurat, Signac, Gauguin, Toulouse-Lautrec, Van Gogh

Kaybot died in 1894, aged 42, from a brain hemorrhage, premature death, which he always expected (due to early deaths of all his relatives)
Heritage Kaybota included a picture of the entire group of impressionists, but Kassat and Morisot.
Renoir, Mallarme and Theodore Dure seeing that the work of Morisot may be excluded from the collections of museums, influenced the course of the case and painting Morisot Woman at the Ball "was purchased by the State

Вложение 134755
Morisot ostalas widow in 1892. When Eugene died, Bertha turned gray overnight, her health has deteriorated sharply. She moved to live with her daughter, where he continued to paint. In January 1895 Julie picked up the flu, and taking care of her daughter, Bertha became ill and died in February.
Renoir, on receiving this sad news dropped everything and rushed to Paris, as he and Mallarme had official guardians Julie. Berthe Morisot paintings were forgotten almost a century, until the feminist movement did not show interest in her work.

Читать дальше... 
Sisley stardal chronic depression which was caused by the collapse of the business of his father in 1870. Settling in sea sur Lua, he had little relationship with the Impressionists. In 1890 Sisley's wife, Eugenie, ill with cancer of the tongue. After a short time he Sisley died of throat cancer. Before his death, Sisley Monet asked to take care of children. Sisley died in 1890. To the children did not complete a life of poverty, Monet immediately organized an auction in May 1890, selling paintings and a group of Impressionist Sisley. The great success of the auction brought 145 000 francs for Jean Pierre and Sisley.

The success of Pissarro came during his lifetime, although it is nothing special for this are not taken. In 1903, he sold two paintings by the Louvre. In his last years of his life he felt a great surge of creative forces, finished 57 works in oil and gouache. Convinced that the Durand-Ruyuel paid him very little recent months he lived with the thought that he wrote only to please collectors
He died in November 1903. His son Lucien became famous and successful artist

Cezanne married finally on Ortans in April 1886. Six months later, they inherited an artist name of his father.
In 1906, Cezanne was in the crowd at the opening of a monument to his former friend Zola, which broke all ties after the novel "Creation" story about a failed artist, whose prototype was Cezanne.
However, the death of Zola introduced him to a long sorrow.
Before he died, Cezanne Renoir admitted: "Forty years I took to understand painting is not sculpture."
Words Ortans Matisse: "You see, Cezanne never know what to do. Renoir and Monet knew his business"

Degas was not very happy spiraling prices for its work in the prewar period, said that he feels "a horse that won the Grand Prix and made an extra bag of oats"
Blind, gray, lonely, but full of nobility his Moruo compared with the poet Homer. Degas had died at the age of 83 years in 1917

Renoir bought a house in Burgundy, he podrsatalo three sons, who were born when Renuarau were 44, 53, 60 years old.
Because of progressing arthritis, Renoir, the family was forced to move to the South of France. Alina died in 1915, he Renoir died in 1819, was paralyzed while continuing to paint until the last day

Monet settled in Giverny, continuing to write and sell a series of poplars, a series of the cathedral, and a series of haystacks at a high price
in 1889 he had a joint exhibition with Rodin.
Monet bought a house, expanded the possession, created by famous pond with lilies
In 1891, quietly and nepredvidenenno Monet married Aline, after the death of her husband
Monet died in 1926, before his death, he frankly said Gustave Zhofrua: "No, I'm not a great artist"

Durand-Ruel spent two opening day activities Cassatt in his gallery, arranged for her show in NY, where he presented 85 works of the artist.
Childless and unmarried, she continued to write scenes of motherhood. Often she went to visit the Renoir, as lived in the neighborhood. Died in 1926

Durand-Ruel successfully implemented a market-Impressionists and raised the price of their product. He continued his business, buying paintings of Lucien Pissarro, Signac and Sera.
In 1893 Durand-Ruel exhibition held Gauguin, Redon in 1894 and Toulouse-Lautrec in 1902 (in the same year he was exclusively the right to work of Camille Pissarro)
With great success Durand Ruel held exhibitions in London, Stockholm and Berlin.

In the last days of his life, Monet, the only one alive at that time of the entire group of impressionists, said Joseph Durand-Ruel: "I will never forget how much I should be your father"

Paul Durand-Ruel died in 1922.
Миниатюры
Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: cgfa_morisot9.jpg
Просмотров: 590
Размер:	184.0 Кб
ID:	134756  

IrinaC вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Эти 14 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо IrinaC за это полезное сообщение:
DSF (12.02.2009), eva777 (30.09.2009), Flora (06.01.2011), fross (12.02.2009), Glasha (12.02.2009), Jasmin (09.07.2009), K-Maler (12.02.2009), kozhinart (12.02.2009), LCR (12.02.2009), Sandro (12.02.2009), Seriy (08.02.2014), Tana (12.02.2009), Артём (12.02.2009), Кирилл Сызранский (12.02.2009)
Ответ

Метки
impressionism, legend, meslin