Вернуться   Форум по искусству и инвестициям в искусство > English forum > Investing in Art
 English | Русский Forum ARTinvestment.RU RSS Регистрация Дневники Справка Сообщество Сообщения за день Поиск

Investing in Art Share your opinion about the profitability of investments.

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 05.03.2009, 11:12 Язык оригинала: Русский       #1
Гуру

Поблагодарили 1,308 раз(а) в 415 сообщениях
Записей в дневнике: 12
По умолчанию The cheaper the picture, the better the buyer

Here, found the interview with Oleg Tistol. interesting, in my

Palm
Tatiana Flavor Photos by Svetlana SKRYABIN

Designer Oleg Tistol already gained recognition and fame, but now thinking about how to get rich

Designer Oleg Tistol Contracts said in an interview that:
1) sold his first painting at age 16
2) his generation, including Podervyanskii, its power must hippie culture
3) in Moscow, more money in the arts, and we have - long lines at art gallery
4) in the country there is no art expert, international level
5) cheaper than the picture, the better the buyer
6) Ukraine needs rich writers, artists and musicians

Ukrainian heat

Member of the world's most famous art festivals Oleg Tistol 15 years working in the informal program of development of the local contemporary art, called "Natsprom. In the last series of draft national promotion for Tistol reveals the theme of Ukrainian palms. Naturally, the artist creates a witty myth. Filled in the classical technique of oil /canvas summer carefree characters occupy a separate room in PinchukArtCenter. Similar to the work cost about $ 20 thousand each - yet. Such a low cost, according to the father of the national concept art, replaced by a furious demand for quality art, whose prices have been in the foreseeable future will increase by tens and hundreds of times.

Читать дальше... 
Rock-a lesson

You have graduated from the Lviv Institute of Applied and Decorative Arts. Why Faculty of interior?

- First, my education - painting. Second - the interior and equipment (when finishing institute, the word "design" has not yet found wide application). The fact that he decided to become a designer - an issue more of a political application. In fact, I had two options. First: to pull to enter the Kiev Art Institute (now Academy) and six years to learn to paint Lenin, farmers and the like nonsense. Second: no cronyism or come in Kharkiv Lviv Institute to engage in something akin to painting. A basic education in the Republican Art School, now called the Government Art School, and still a luxury establishment. Received academic education there I was quite enough.

To become a painter?

- To work. Actually, a painter, I was already then, when I came to this school, anyway, so positioned themselves. His first painting sold, when I was only 16 years old. At that time I had a Cubist work - a sort of "left" vanguard.

Tistol fashioned himself

Why still chose Lviv?

- Because it is the most pleasant, most western country within the city. And the institution was at that time more advanced than others. There can be pleasant and useful to 5 years and have a specialty that would allow a future honestly earn money without selling the soul and not engaging in ideological art. Still, the interior is the interior. Machine-orders: Lenin in a cap, Gagarin in space suit or something of the harvest festival - I absolutely do not want to. But design gave me an opportunity immediately after the graduation and after the army boldly enough to earn good money. Judge for yourself: working at the mill, received 300-500 rubles a month. At the same time cope with the task of the week and the next 2-3 weeks of pleasure to paint.

How to design education influenced your painting?

- I can not say that it affected the way I write, take pictures or LePla. However, it is expanded the scope of my studies. Still, the designer - a person who can work not only the head, but also with his hands, knows how to think and design, to understand the two-dimensional, three-dimensional space. Again, compare with easel painter: this man, except canvas and oils, sees nothing. And this is the canvas on a stretcher really can not come.

You want to say that before joining the Institute, and after writing the same way?

- Of course, the difference is significant. But I went to college at 18 and graduated at 24. Of course, changed. But influenced not so much institutions as Lviv, its atmosphere. Then it was hip, cool city, where he felt the strong influence of Polish culture. I have taught (well, as "taught" - in fact we were drinking beer), Nikolai Filatov - Great Moscow artist. There was also a well-known teacher of Ukrainian-German artist Kopystyanskaya. She, Filatov, Breck, Cherry, Penzel (the famous hippie late 1970 - early 1980) - people with whom I hang out, among whom he lived. All this could not pass unnoticed. At the same time somewhere in the neighboring coffee shop my age Andrukhovych formed as a poet.

Some of your peers are Makov, Sukholit, Podervyanskii - a list of talented artists, sculptors, writers can continue indefinitely. How do you explain the creative power of your generation?

- We belong to a generation who grew up on rock music and hippie culture. I originally had not been so overwhelmed by the scoop, as the previous generation. We do not have to explain that better - Andy Warhol or some bubble-Lopukhov. Or why Yablonskaya, Lymarev, Gavrilenko, Andrei Antoniuk and other sixties - it was cool.

And then in thirty years - perestroika and then independence. We have been to these changes fully prepared. That is, first emerged as a dissident, then in a conscious, a good age, we were given complete freedom. Of course, in such circumstances, we have implemented in full, forming a domestic contemporary art. As they say, at the right time and place. Today's younger generation is suppressed wild capitalism. He has to make a choice: the art or money.

National Industries

What is "Natsprom"?

- In the late 1980's the idea of the project, whose name came up with Constantine Reunov (aktsionist artist, who moved to London. - Ed.): "Volova abutment національного posteklektizmu. Then Kostya went to live abroad, and I started working with Nicholas Matsenko: All 1990's embodied own creative program, which eventually had to give a comprehensible name - "Natsprom. Decoding is not so important, this is personal matter. The project also managed to participate artists Marina Skugareva, Jan Bystrov, Anatoly Stepanenko. So the program, on the one hand, open, and with another - akin to the family business. Purest nepotism and cosa nostra. Extras we do not need.

And what is the purpose of your program?

- I must say, I have always been prone to cultural activity, along with the picturesque. So for me, was always obvious lack of system development of the domestic arts. The succession of generations, distinct vector of development - in Ukrainian culture all this is practically absent. Naturally, since there can be no more. At the national culture should be a certain image. In short, Ukraine needs to identity itself as a cultural area. And we, the participants "Natsproma", know how to do it. I am now, for example, writing a palm as a symbol of national paradise. Kohl Matsenko develops some heraldry: that no picture - that "the great emblem of Ukraine". When we get together, it is called "Natsprom" - a program culturological more than artovaya. By the way, nothing new we have not come up: a similar attempt in the beginning of the last century have made later repressed Michael Boychuk and the company. They created the face of the new Ukrainian culture of the time. This attempt failed magnificently collaborator George Boychuk Narbut with his project notes. And if, as a new national currency had modernized draft Narbut - this would be the most beautiful money in the world. And we've got some some sort of Canadian dollars, British pounds. This idiocy simply invincible.

Why is a person of national culture should shape it is you?

- First, we Matsenko, as they say, the autochthonous - born, unspoiled Ukrainians. First, our language - Ukrainian. We have two luxury academic education. Rode around the world, all Biennale, for various Moscow - and thus clearly understand who we are, where we are and what we do. We are feeling the national culture, we want it to be. We do not need to seek their authenticity: we are authentic from nature. No need to learn Ukrainian, Russian because we learned something, when we were about 10. I need not tell who is Shevchenko, because I know his verses with four years. I read in the army "Kobzar" every day: he saved me in this hole, as the Bible - the believer. I do not need trousers: in 5 years I have danced in the children's dance group in the district center. Therefore, creating a national art, we are not starting with the proof of its authenticity, but with the next step - that is, we are already at a new level. So I represented Ukraine at the Brazilian Biennale in 1994, in Venice - in 2001, in Russia - in 2007. That's about it and talking.

Art in Corn

What features of the national art process?

- A distinctive feature of Ukrainian art process, especially in the number of art historians, who are seriously addressing the issue. We are Galina Sklyarenko in the singular. I do not mean the journalists: a question of those who wrote books, monographs, studying art as a phenomenon. In London is a skyscraper in the twenty floors - there sat engaged in art-consulting firm. In Ukraine there is no single person whose signature to the conclusion that Rubens - Rubens it would be legitimate in the world. We simply do not have experts. True, in London, figuratively speaking, this skyscraper was built 500-600 years, and in Kiev - 15-16: more and foundations are not laid. So there is nothing to be offended. But in Ukraine there are artists: Makov, Savadov, Roitburd, Gnilitskiy, Matsenko, Skugareva, Ralko - this is a superstar! It turns out all right, the process goes. And the fact that the market only appears, well, and God be with him. In Moscow, more money in the arts, and we have long lines at the center of Pinchuk.

Surely nobody in Ukraine has seriously engaged in peer review work?

- Is that PinchukArtCenter. I'm not a fan of Pinchuk's collection, but there still sit curators, who are really serious about the matter: Now this is the Briton, Peter Doroshenko, and was formerly Nicolas Bourriaud. And if the oligarch pays money for them to be answered.

How do you evaluate the art work of a billionaire?

- Positive. Absolutely no alternative version of the representation of contemporary art in our country, unfortunately. And the fact that nobody except Pinchuk, like art centers will not open - is disgusting. I am glad that he was such a reasonable man. Motivation Pinchuk is clear: two years of his black image of the oligarch-in-law, etc., into a bright image of a patron. But there is one thing. In 1999, I accidentally happened to see pictures from his collection: with their reproductions published calendar. Even then I was surprised: it was attended by the work of Korovin, Altman, Burliuk - it was a personal collection Pinchuk, I understand. Not bad, I thought, what we came here connoisseur. So the propensity for art he had always been. On Reflection buy the collection he has spent, as I read somewhere, a hundred million dollars. With this money you could buy a large yacht or a football club. But no - he bought art. Consequently, the image of a patron Pinchuk still deserved - this is confirmed by the gleam in his eyes, his interview. 's Own public relations campaign can be organized and cheaper, and quieter than do contemporary art. And even if my work in PinchukArtCenter not hung, I would still praise this gallery as a phenomenon. Suppose I do not like Damien Hirst (of the notorious artist represented in the collection Pinchuk. - Ed.), But this is particular.

As far as exhibitions are commercially viable for you to exercise?

- Exhibitions of us - probably should be a creative activity, almost unrelated to the business, money. Exhibition in Ukraine - is one thing, money - is another.

What explains this phenomenon?

Intelligent people do not sit in the corn, but under a palm tree
- We are only beginning to emerge galleries that can sell something. They can be listed on the fingers of one hand: "I Gallery", "shop", "Collection". Perhaps all. However, it is not surprising - the Ukrainian laws are such that in a civilized manner, as in Europe, to work, and thus to be liked, almost impossible. I have nothing to hide from the authorities: I am in front of them and the law clear. But the galleries, I think, have a very cunning: they simply have no status. No regulations governing their activities. Tax laws are incomprehensible, still can not pass a law on patronage. Although, they say, its going to take this editorial, it is better without him. But you should not despair: Selyuk whence know what a toilet? Get used to civilization should be. While walking in the corn, but that's why we are not worse. Just another culture is not formed.

Originals for the people

They say you have a lot of jewels. Fifteen minutes to transfer enough?

- No I have no jewels. I and the Union of Artists something came quite by accident: thanks to a colleague Alexander Zhivotkovu, explain how. More I do not need. Awards - also no. We all think about the welfare of each other better than it actually is. In the late 1990's was in debt, as in silks. And around thinking that I have a white Mercedes and an apartment two floors. No, housing me everything is fine: three bedroom Khrushev himself bought. However, yet there is no workshop: one in which I work, formally still not mine. Now I run, draw up documents that I have written here ... I have nothing, and I'm just glad. A reward for me is that? My paintings are buying the world's leading museums: Amsterdam, Oslo, Moscow and so on. That is the reward. I am a member of four Biennale. For the artist above the level of members of the Venice Biennale and the Brazilian - no. Although, as I like to say, my creative biography is beautiful not by the exhibitions, in which participated, and those in which no part. Now I can afford to pick. So, in a normal country artist ever presented the country for at least one of the world Biennale - is a star: he has the money, solid orders, awards and so forth. We do not. Well, who would give me a prize? Bilozir? Yushchenko? Yes, thank God, that have not yet - I do not want that.

Most of your work is sold abroad and still remains at home?

- Now with almost no work abroad. The last major visa was 5 years ago. I even forgot that my passport expired. Of course, the paintings are sold abroad, but I do not share customers on a geographical basis. European integration has already occurred. You see, there are pictures - reserved, to New York to fly, but those that will hang in the suburb of Kiev. Well, what do I matter? Price-it is the same.

How much so is your picture with a palm tree?

- Say, 18 thousand dollars. And this is for the artist, recognized the serious international experts, mere peanuts. Such prices - purely humanitarian patriotism. It will take a couple of years - and everything will fall into place. It can not be.

Why did you sell the work so cheaply?

- What is cheaper to sell the painting, the better the buyer. Up to 10 thousand - all wonderful people, after a 10 - through one caught with steel views. When going through the hundreds of thousands - quite scary: confronted with a different world, with other laws. But can not get away: we'll have to get used to. We have become rich artists. Let our children see: to become rich, not necessarily to steal and plunder. In this regard, illustrative example of Klitschko. Ukraine needs rich writers, musicians, singers.

Once you said: "With 4 years dreamed of hanging in the corner in the towel in each hut and is ready for this fall in price." This is a joke?

- In every joke there is some joke. Actually, hang in every hut - and there are "Natsproma. As for the "ready to fall in price, now engaged in photography, printing on canvas - such work is really cheap, available to middle class. Any his representative can not afford to spend on a couple of thousand dollars. Or to schedule - or two thousand hryvnia. It's quite real. Rembrandt had once could be bought for a penny. In fact, soon everyone will want to hang in their homes is not working properly, because the originals perfectly natural phenomenon, and always will.

Person

Oleg Tistol was born in 1960 in the village Vradiyivka Mykolayiv region

Education: The Republican Art School. Shevchenko, Lviv Institute of Decorative and Applied Art, Department of Interior and equipment

Achievements: party XXII International Biennial of Sao Paulo (Brazil, 1994), the International Salaries in Moscow (Russia, 1996), 49 th Biennial of Contemporary Art in Venice (Italy, 2001)

Who could be: there was no choice - drawing from 4 years

Hobbies: Occupation and hobbies are the same

Credo: the art or death

The main event in life: the birth of his daughter Nadia

The main disappointment: the political situation of 2005-2008.

The last major waste of money: inclined to gusarstvu, but because all life - the solid waste of money

Ukrainian business weekly journal "Contracts"
http://kontrakty.com.ua/show/rus/rub...n/1220087.html

Yaya вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Эти 2 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо Yaya за это полезное сообщение:
Maikl (06.03.2009), Tana (06.03.2009)
Старый 06.03.2009, 12:06 Язык оригинала: Русский       #2
Гуру

Поблагодарили 29,853 раз(а) в 6,714 сообщениях
Записей в дневнике: 10

Цитата:
Similar to the work cost about $ 20 thousand each - yet. Such a low cost, according to the father of the national concept art, replaced by a furious demand for quality art, whose prices have been in the foreseeable future will increase by tens and hundreds of times.
Too optimistic.

Konstantin вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Этот пользователь сказал Спасибо Konstantin за это полезное сообщение:
Tana (06.03.2009)
Старый 06.03.2009, 17:18 Язык оригинала: Русский       #3
Гуру

Поблагодарили 1,308 раз(а) в 415 сообщениях
Записей в дневнике: 12

Konstantin, so in the pre-crisis times, the conversation was

Yaya вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Ответ