Старый 29.01.2009, 01:55 Язык оригинала: Русский       #1
Старожил

Поблагодарили 945 раз(а) в 233 сообщениях
Записей в дневнике: 11
По умолчанию Vegetarianism in Art

And Jesus said:
"And the flesh of slain beasts in his body will become his own tomb. For verily I say unto you: he who kills - kills himself, eating the flesh of slain - eat of the body of death".
(the gospel of peace)

Once one of the auction buffets, as usual looking for a few vegetarian dishes and the corner of my eye watching the "collectors" --bags and oligarchs, knead Freestuff delicacies - I suddenly realized that they just walked off the sculpture Paolo Trubetskoy "Necrocannibals.
Вложение 122665
It was the only "software" (known) thing sculptor. At the bottom of the summary: contro natura (against nature). I then visited one - possibly quite controversial - idea: vegetarianism makes art wiser, more philosophical and kind ...
Sam Prince Troubetzkoy, a staunch vegetarian, almost no distinction between man and animal,
Вложение 122675Вложение 122685Вложение 122695
and its riders - is, in the words of the sculptor, "the animals mounted on other animals" (in the best sense of the word). So, maybe the monument to Alexander III was not in favor with Nicholas servants and senior clergy.
Вложение 122705Вложение 122715
Artists-vegetarians in general were mostly outcasts - Leonardo, Michelangelo, Van Gogh, both Roerichs - all are countless. But they were mostly pioneers new dimensions in art.
Vivid example of this - Nikolai Ge. Not only art, but also the life he maintained his own special way: the paintings did not sell, he lived only by the fruits of his labor. I think the first time in Russian, and possibly also in the world of painting NN Ge created the image of "simplification of Christ" (forgive me all the guardians of the Orthodox canon), very close "vegetarian" aesthetics, which has caused outrage, not only those in power but also the artistic community.
Вложение 122725Вложение 122735
Here Ge largely ahead of his contemporaries, giving the Christian theme of a new language - the language of expressionism, or, rather, "protoekspressionizma.
Passionate vegetarian were Ilya Repin and his wife, NB Nordman, and their "Penates" have the same artistic mecca, what was the "Clear field" for writers.
Fair to say that among the critics of vegetarianism was also a lot of geniuses. Let us recall the brilliant story of Chekhov "Pecheneg". However, Dr. Astrov of "Uncle Vanya", one of the favorite characters of Chekhov and, indeed, his self-portrait, still did not eat meat.
Among vegetarians there were also notorious villains: Hitler, for example.
And yet ...
In the Middle Ages vegetarianism was considered heresy. Have we gone far since then?
Миниатюры
Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: Divoratori-di-cadaveri.jpg
Просмотров: 577
Размер:	97.3 Кб
ID:	122666   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 671px-Trubetskoy_Friends.jpg
Просмотров: 525
Размер:	48.1 Кб
ID:	122676   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: paul%20trubeskoy%20006.jpg
Просмотров: 549
Размер:	97.5 Кб
ID:	122686   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: paul%20trubeskoy%20036.jpg
Просмотров: 520
Размер:	56.6 Кб
ID:	122696   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 618-1.jpg
Просмотров: 542
Размер:	42.0 Кб
ID:	122706  

Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: paul%20trubeskoy%20011.jpg
Просмотров: 456
Размер:	84.4 Кб
ID:	122716   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: artlib_gallery-20652-b.jpg
Просмотров: 510
Размер:	78.6 Кб
ID:	122726   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: g075_400.jpg
Просмотров: 536
Размер:	36.9 Кб
ID:	122736  

Станиславский вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Эти 11 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо Станиславский за это полезное сообщение:
Admin (29.01.2009), Art-lover (29.01.2009), dedulya37 (29.01.2009), Glasha (29.01.2009), IrinaC (29.01.2009), Ninni (13.02.2009), Stranger (01.02.2009), uriart (30.01.2009), Vlasta (28.02.2009), Жар-птица (14.02.2009), Кирилл Сызранский (29.01.2009)
Старый 29.01.2009, 08:24 Язык оригинала: Русский       #2
Administrator

Поблагодарили 2,434 раз(а) в 632 сообщениях

Very curious. Stanislavsky, where the information?

I would also clarified that the phrase contained in the epigraph, taken from the Gospel of peace from the Essenes. Very interesting and standard text, I recommend everyone to read, especially the first part (although the other three are no less interesting, but they are already on the other). The first part, or first book - quite small, book-40 pages of text, reading a lot of time can take away. Here is the link.

Admin вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 29.01.2009, 13:02 Язык оригинала: Русский       #3
Старожил

Dear Admin, thanks for the positive feedback. Indeed, the epigraph from the apocrypha, the Gospel of peace from the Essenes "(the Essenes - a revolutionary religious sect, to which, according to tradition, belonged to Jesus). Text - this is a short sample of my future article "Vegetarianism in Art".

Этот пользователь сказал Спасибо Станиславский за это полезное сообщение:
Admin (29.01.2009)
Старый 29.01.2009, 13:39 Язык оригинала: Русский       #4
Administrator

It will be interesting then to read the entire story. When the opportunity to see it - please.

And about vegetarianism ... no simple matter. I'm on this matter, in truth, the dog ate it (if it is appropriate in this case, such an expression). But not sure that stands here contrive a discussion of vegetarianism. And that's about the artists, vegetarians find interesting. And yet - my belief - vegetarianism and talent are not connected in any way. Vegetarianism and performance - yes. But it still vegetarianism vegetarianism strife. And inept approach of harm it can do no less than good at skilful. Only here in the presence of a vast mass of misinformation on vegetarianism and the almost complete absence of truthful information to engage in vegetarianism is at your own risk, I would not advise anyone. "The Gospel of Essenes, by the way, a good guide in this matter, but some subtleties in it does not take into account (and these details may prove decisive).

Этот пользователь сказал Спасибо Admin за это полезное сообщение:
Ninni (13.02.2009)
Старый 29.01.2009, 13:49 Язык оригинала: Русский       #5
Старожил

The fact is, my dear Admin, that vegetarianism may be of two types: relatively speaking, "ethical" and, figuratively speaking, "diet". So the first thing on my deep conviction, of direct impact on art.

Этот пользователь сказал Спасибо Станиславский за это полезное сообщение:
Жар-птица (14.02.2009)
Старый 29.01.2009, 15:00 Язык оригинала: Русский       #6
Administrator

Yes, I agree. I understand that the question of "ethical" vegetarianism in your article and seen mainly? If so, then read it will be even more interesting. Although personally I have some doubts on the sincerity of many people who consider or call themselves vegetarians. It is also possible variant of a genuine mistake such people. It is possible, and deliberate misrepresentation of others. Too many options here and subtleties. And too many arguments can be cited as the pros and cons of vegetarianism (and as a "diet" and "ethical").

Personally, I am a vegetarian with a big grain of salt. Although the fact I am a vegetarian and believes that the only correct way of development rights. But! With some important and serious reservations. This subject is very large and complex, and probably not for this forum.

Старый 29.01.2009, 15:10 Язык оригинала: Русский       #7
Старожил

I think you're right. I just wondered how the forum participants will react to this unexpected note.

Старый 29.01.2009, 16:46 Язык оригинала: Русский       #8
Авторитет

Поблагодарили 1,047 раз(а) в 392 сообщениях
Записей в дневнике: 1

For some reason, remembered a classic.

Цитата:
In Russia and the nobility and the merchants knew an expert in food and drink. V. Gilyarovsky wrote about this a lot of interesting things. In inn test used to go every day millionaire IV Chizhev. It was a huge growth in the old man, who sat down at the table about four hours, alone, eating for two hours and dozed between courses. Menu it was such:
Читать дальше... 
portion of the cold or the beluga sturgeon with horseradish cream, caviar, two plates of crayfish soup, fish or selyanki selyanki from the kidneys with two pies, and then roasted suckling pig, veal or fish, depending on the season. Then necessarily Botvin with sturgeon, sturgeon and dry grated sturgeon. Then the third dish always pan Guriev porridge. Sometimes allowed himself to retreat, replacing Pies baydakovskim pie - a huge pie stuffed with twelve tiers, where everything was, from the layer of burbot liver, and ending with a layer of bone marrow in black oil. At the same time drinking red and white wine, and After dozing for half an hour, went home to sleep, with eight in the evening to be in the Merchants' Club, there is an entire evening on a special order is a great company, and drink champagne. I ordered the club he was always himself, and none of Kompaneets he was not contradicted.

- I have these different Folies-Joly yes frikasekurase not supposed to. In Russian we eat - but the belly does not hurt, according to doctors not mechemsya, rinsed in foreign countries are not shaken.

Into old age in good health lived this gourmet ".

Сергеич вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Этот пользователь сказал Спасибо Сергеич за это полезное сообщение:
Ninni (13.02.2009)
Старый 29.01.2009, 21:34 Язык оригинала: Русский       #9
Авторитет

Поблагодарили 2,452 раз(а) в 384 сообщениях
Записей в дневнике: 2

Цитата:
Сообщение от Stanislavsky Посмотреть сообщение
vegetarianism can be of two types: relatively speaking, "ethical" and, figuratively speaking, "diet". So the first thing on my deep conviction, of direct impact on art.
This classification would cost to add another type of (or motivation) of vegetarianism: "meditative" or "mystical. To renounce animal food naturally come philosophers and mystics, because the capacity for deep concentration and fine distinction of vegetarians is increasing.

With the artists in this aspect of the case more complicated. Creating paintings still dynamic action, not the calm contemplation of a sage. Artist in comparison with the thinker works, so to speak, in a pulsed mode, especially if its expressive style. And the strength and depth of intuitive pulse depends more on the nature of the artist than on its menu. That is, if the artist is the nature of philosophical and mystical, it is very likely that it will become a vegetarian. But even if the circumstances of life that would prevent, the overall character and quality of his paintings remain virtually the same.

By the way, somewhere I came across information that Feshin was a vegetarian.

Art-lover вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 30.01.2009, 01:16 Язык оригинала: Русский       #10
Старожил

I totally agree, Art-lover, this type of "meditation" vegetarianism professed Nicholas Roerich and his wife, Elena Ivanovna. Vegetarianism, in their view, purifies the body and spirit, and enables access to more "delicate" matter, inaccessible to mere mortals. Thus was born VISIONARY theory of Shambhala, an invisible country, a kind of spirit of Atlantis, which could only be achieved on. Painting of Roerich this period, the color and light - is an attempt to express in paint the ideal of Shambhala. So, a colleague, I can not agree that "spiritual" vegetarianism does not affect the painting. However, similar practices and used monks icon painters. Before you start writing the icons, they spent a long time in severe fasting and prayer, which was to help them in the contemplation of higher truths. And only since the 16 th century icon-painting has become a mass production.

Ответ

Опции темы
Опции просмотра