Вернуться   Форум по искусству и инвестициям в искусство > English forum > Artists, artworks, art history
 English | Русский Forum ARTinvestment.RU RSS Регистрация Дневники Справка Сообщество Сообщения за день Поиск

Artists, artworks, art history Discuss artists, their lives and works, the history of works’ creation and other art history issues.

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 20.12.2008, 22:42 Язык оригинала: Русский       #1
Гуру

Поблагодарили 1,718 раз(а) в 574 сообщениях
Записей в дневнике: 4
Отправить сообщение для Veronic с помощью Skype™
По умолчанию Mihai Munkácsy

Mihai Munkachi "yawning boy" fragment

Вложение 85015

I would like to open a new topic name of the artist, who in the first place I really like, and secondly he is my countryman, world-famous.

Mihai Munkácsy was born in 1844 in the town of Mukachevo (formerly the territory of Austria-Hungary, now Ukraine), real name Lieb (presumably Swabia, ie, German). Munkáchi, a pseudonym, which came later, when the artist was made an honorary resident of the city Mukachevo. He studied in Budapest, Munich and Dusseldorf, spent all his life in Paris, where he became famous. Pictures brought the artist fame "death row" and the triptych "Jesus before Pontius Pilate"

Recently Mukachevo castle was an exhibition of the artist, organized by the famous philanthropist Imre Park.

[color="# 666686"]Added after 9 minutes[/color]
Tell me, you can write about foreign artists? I thought once he was born and raised in Mukachevo, so has some relation to Ukraine.
Миниатюры
Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: nagykep.jpg
Просмотров: 827
Размер:	87.1 Кб
ID:	85016  

Veronic вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Эти 2 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо Veronic за это полезное сообщение:
Marjana (05.05.2009), Кирилл Сызранский (21.12.2008)
Старый 20.12.2008, 22:58 Язык оригинала: Русский       #2
Гуру

Поблагодарили 55,134 раз(а) в 24,142 сообщениях
Записей в дневнике: 133
Отправить сообщение для Кирилл Сызранский с помощью Skype™

This triptych in Debrecen, I was there. Each part of 4x6 meters (approximately)!
Following this gigantic work he fell ill and died in the hospital for the mentally ill.
Миниатюры
Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: eccehomo.jpg
Просмотров: 1560
Размер:	2.3 Кб
ID:	84826   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: golgota.jpg
Просмотров: 1535
Размер:	2.7 Кб
ID:	84836   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: pilatus.jpg
Просмотров: 1497
Размер:	2.8 Кб
ID:	84846  

Кирилл Сызранский вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Этот пользователь сказал Спасибо Кирилл Сызранский за это полезное сообщение:
Veronic (21.12.2008)
Старый 20.12.2008, 22:59 Язык оригинала: Русский       #3
Гуру

Цитата:
Сообщение от Veronic Посмотреть сообщение
Say, you can write about foreign artists? I thought once he was born and raised in Mukachevo, so has some relation to Ukraine.
You are viewing the forum that issues.

Старый 20.12.2008, 23:03 Язык оригинала: Русский       #4
Гуру

Цитата:
Сообщение от Cyril Syzransky Посмотреть сообщение
This triptych in Debrecen, I was there. Each part of 4x6 meters (approximately)!
Following this gigantic work he fell ill and died in the hospital for the mentally ill.
Yes, these works were brought to a special container at the exhibition in Mukachevo. So Triptych saw a surprising number of tourists in Mukachevo (they were exhibited in the castle church)
By the way, the work Munkachi interesting because the paint layer on them fades, because of the experimental soil (bitumen) who used the artist. Therefore, they should be stored at low temperature not exceeding 16%, respectively, and transport is extremely difficult.

And he died in the hospital for the mentally ill from syphilis. Had he lived today, would be cured with antibiotics for a month.

In general, when visiting museums can be seen that the life of many artists was very hard. Such frustration can often be seen on the faces of their heroes.

[color="# 666686"]Posted by 32 minutes[/color]
Цитата:
You are viewing the same forum that issues.
That this artist undeservedly forgotten in Transcarpathia. Everywhere was the promotion of Carpathian school of painting, but about the artist Munkáchi, molchok ...... Tell me, is it really does honor local artists, so-called masters, who praise some and forgotten others much more talented and have received worldwide acclaim. And if it were not for the efforts of Imre Park, probably to this day, many in Transcarpathia did not know about his illustrious countryman.

Tomorrow here at the forum lay out an interview with Imre Park, which now owns most of the collection Munkáchi, and through which there was an exhibition in Mukachevo. He and preserved triptych "Jesus before Pontius Pilate for the Hungarian state. It is a pity that Ukraine has lost an artist, very sorry.

Эти 3 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо Veronic за это полезное сообщение:
Marjana (05.05.2009), uriart (21.12.2008), Кирилл Сызранский (21.12.2008)
Старый 20.12.2008, 23:47 Язык оригинала: Русский       #5
Гуру

Поблагодарили 29,853 раз(а) в 6,714 сообщениях
Записей в дневнике: 10

Цитата:
Tell me, you can write about foreign artists? I thought once he was born and raised in Mukachevo, so has some relation to Ukraine.
Writing can and should be all about art.

Konstantin вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Этот пользователь сказал Спасибо Konstantin за это полезное сообщение:
Евгений (21.12.2008)
Старый 20.12.2008, 23:57 Язык оригинала: Русский       #6
Гуру

Цитата:
I'm sorry, that Ukraine has lost an artist, very sorry.
Admit that Munkachi still not Ukrainian artist. It so happened that Transcarpathia now in Ukraine.
Adam Mickiewicz, whose monument stands in the center of Lvov, Ukrainian poet, too, not.
And Ungvar, Beregsas, Munkachi, not Ukrainian name, and Sevlyush? Hust has remained well with the old /new name, but Perechin-like ...

Старый 21.12.2008, 00:04 Язык оригинала: Русский       #7
Гуру

Цитата:
agree that Munkácsy still not Ukrainian artist. It so happened that Transcarpathia now in Ukraine.
Adam Mickiewicz, whose monument stands in the center of Lvov, Ukrainian poet, too, not.
And Ungvar, Beregsas, Munkachi, not Ukrainian name, and Sevlyush? Hust has remained well with the old /new name, but Perechin-like ...
Yes, Transcarpathia has more Hungarian, Czech and Ruthenian history than Ukrainian (I hope I will not be accused of separatism).
But since so historically, that we are now the Ukraine and our land, too, Ukrainian, then you need to know the whole story. Otherwise, the country turns out, as if prior to 1945 in the Carpathian region was unsettled wilderness.
If you studied history, obagatilis be spiritually, looking and Munkachi would become a mother.

Старый 21.12.2008, 00:13 Язык оригинала: Русский       #8
Гуру

Veronic, agree and hope that it will. But much depend on the local residents themselves. Keep your story, you-Transcarpathians same nobody forbids.

Старый 21.12.2008, 09:30 Язык оригинала: Русский       #9
Гуру

Поблагодарили 16,455 раз(а) в 4,506 сообщениях
Записей в дневнике: 273

Цитата:
Tell me, is it really does honor local artists, so-called masters, who praise some and forgotten others much more talented and have received worldwide fame
That's it, and you remember .. do not forget.

Евгений вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 21.12.2008, 14:24 Язык оригинала: Русский       #10
Гуру

Цитата:
Сообщение от Eugene Посмотреть сообщение
Here you remembered it, and do not forget ...
Here quote the full article .... interview with a collector Imre Pak

"We have witnessed the great event. Perhaps the first time in Mukachevo was an exhibition of world level. 48 masterpieces of the world-famous artist Mihai Munkachi were presented wider audience. He was born in Mukachevo, received his art education in Pest, and at the Art Academy of Vienna, Munich and Dusseldorf, the real name of the artist's Lib, and he took his pseudonym from the name of his native city of Mukachevo, and served as its honorary citizen. Throughout his life, the painter held in Paris. The artist was known and recognized in his lifetime, as evidenced by the scale and luxury, which Munkachi surrounded his mansion in Paris. Today, most of the artist's paintings are in prominent museums in Hungary, France, Austria and the United States. His paintings are sold at auctions Christie's and Sotheby's for the many millions of dollars.

Читать дальше... 
Aware of the fame of the accompanying artist's name and triumph, which took place previous exhibitions can be understood that such activities take place only in large cities and the world's cultural centers.

The exhibition was held by well-known collector and philanthropist philanthropist, owner of the majority of pictures painted by the great Munkáchi, a businessman, a citizen of the U.S. Paku Imre. We greatly appreciated thank Alik Park for organizing and conducting exhibitions, and also thank Imre Park for giving an interview for the magazine "World of the Carpathians"

Tell me please, Imre, why you are displaying a collection of paintings by Mihai Munkachi people around the world, and not keep these activities at home, how come most of the collectors?
Making the public display of paintings Munkáchi, I have multiple objectives.

First, I want to show those pictures, which were never before known to a wider audience, it is generally those works which are in private collections, and the audience could see them only in photos.

Secondly, my goal is to raise Munkácsy on that pedestal, from which he deserves

And, thirdly, my thought is that many mukachevtsy can reach the top in his life and Munkácsy is proof of that.

I also want to show that Munkachi was a famous painter in his lifetime, but also I would like to refute some of the views of art critics, who accuse Munkachi that he has used the marketing, so his name became so famous. I think that in fact the artist had talent, and that is why he managed during his lifetime to reach the peak of his career, it's no secret that he was the best-selling artist among his contemporaries. I want to cite one example that many may be shocked. Painting "Golgotha", which can be seen at the exhibition, and which is in my collection, was sold from the artist's studio, in 1886 for a record sum for those times 185 thousand dollars. The salary of the common people were at that time about 5 dollars.

Munkachi led a secular life in Paris, he had a palace in which he took well-known guests who came to him bankers, aristocrats, princes, his guests visited even Nicholas II. In his house he was holding room, where paintings were exhibited, and a lounge in one visit could accommodate 400 people, there were instances when he was at once 800 guests. Of course, the critics did not like it, and they are often accused him. But my opinion is that the pictures Munkachi bought only because of his talent.

Tell me please, Imre, as you have decided to start collecting paintings Munkachi?
I remember from my childhood, that we have in the house hung pictures of artists, one of which was the work Munkácsy. Went to America, I became a collector of more than initially out of patriotism. I liked Munkáchi, because he was my countryman, and besides that, he was an artist of world renown. Now all the pictures I have bought through auctions Christie's and Sotheby's, I go to auction houses in Budapest, London and New York. For example, I recently acquired a painting at auction Christie's in New York for 700 thousand U.S. dollars.

You said that the painting "Golgotha" is in your collection, this is one part of the famous triptych "Christ Before Pilate», «EccoHome» and "Golgotha", by the way, I personally saw the sketch of this painting in the Museum d'Orsay in Paris. It is interesting to know the history of the acquisition of the paintings you.

History is very interesting. This triptych of huge dimensions, virtually none of the houses are not able to accommodate and show the picture entirely. The triptych is in possession of Hungary, it can be seen in Debrecen museum. One part of "Golgotha" had belonged to a private person. The owner decided to sell the painting, and for this he decided to take her out of the country. Picture was to be sold through one of the auctions in New York. Many Hungarians were opposed to the painting left the territory of their country. Hungarian state began to actively raise money for the purchase of this work Munkachi. But, unfortunately, they were unable to collect such a huge sum of money, then I bought this painting, thus maintaining the national treasure of Hungary. Now the situation is on permanent display in Debrecen, it can be seen at the exhibition in Mukachevo.

There are some interesting facts from the history of this painting, one of the famous Austrian critics of the 19 th century, wrote "From the time of Rembrandt and his painting" Night Watch "Art is not created anything like this, just picture" Calvary "for the first time since the time of its release is a sensation" by the way, while it has seen more than 350 thousand people. As recognition of the artist, I want to tell one fact, when Munkácsy came to America, met him personally, President of the United States of America.

I have another question for you. He worries today many artists and art critics. Do you think that the modern artist should you be rich or all-whether it should remain poor? Can prosperity prevent talent?

I had also thought that the artist should be hungry in order to effectively work, but eventually came to the conclusion that all defines talent. If the artist meets the current needs of the buyer, he becomes rich. But if it works for the future, then fame will come after death. But, again I repeat, all this is possible only if there is talent.

What is the fate of the collection Munkácsy? Will the exhibition of his works in Mukachevo final, or you plan to continue exhibiting his paintings, and in which countries?

I received an invitation to show the exhibition in Kiev, and later as previously planned, will be Vienna, Paris and New York. Thus, the collection will see the whole world, and many will be convinced that the name Munkácsy in law has a place in world art history. "

by Veronica Braginskaya

Эти 6 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо Veronic за это полезное сообщение:
Art-lover (22.12.2008), dedulya37 (21.12.2008), Glasha (22.12.2008), Marjana (05.05.2009), Tana (21.12.2008), Кирилл Сызранский (21.12.2008)
Ответ