Старый 30.11.2008, 23:23 Язык оригинала: Русский       #1
Banned

Поблагодарили 7,015 раз(а) в 2,462 сообщениях
Отправить сообщение для uriart с помощью Skype™
По умолчанию Winston Churchill

I photographed carefully, until the guard did not for me personally to watch.
Миниатюры
Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 1.JPG
Просмотров: 366
Размер:	199.6 Кб
ID:	68486   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 2.JPG
Просмотров: 406
Размер:	109.6 Кб
ID:	68496   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 3.JPG
Просмотров: 366
Размер:	125.8 Кб
ID:	68506   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 4.JPG
Просмотров: 345
Размер:	128.1 Кб
ID:	68516   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 5.JPG
Просмотров: 391
Размер:	153.6 Кб
ID:	68526  

Название: 6.JPG
Просмотров: 415
Размер:	131.6 Кб
ID:	68536   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 7.JPG
Просмотров: 348
Размер:	144.3 Кб
ID:	68546   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 8.JPG
Просмотров: 310
Размер:	187.4 Кб
ID:	68556  

uriart вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Эти 9 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо uriart за это полезное сообщение:
Admin (01.12.2008), Allena (02.12.2008), dedulya37 (30.11.2008), I-V (28.10.2011), Konstantin (30.11.2008), Sandro (01.12.2008), Tana (30.11.2008), Евгений (01.12.2008), Кирилл Сызранский (01.12.2008)
Старый 30.11.2008, 23:26 Язык оригинала: Русский       #2
Banned

But I still tried to outsmart
Миниатюры
Название: 9.JPG
Просмотров: 322
Размер:	158.7 Кб
ID:	68566   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 11.JPG
Просмотров: 285
Размер:	174.1 Кб
ID:	68576   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 12.jpg
Просмотров: 318
Размер:	129.5 Кб
ID:	68586   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 13.JPG
Просмотров: 368
Размер:	179.9 Кб
ID:	68596   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 10.JPG
Просмотров: 414
Размер:	202.2 Кб
ID:	68606  

Название: 14.JPG
Просмотров: 323
Размер:	179.4 Кб
ID:	68616   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 15.JPG
Просмотров: 362
Размер:	151.9 Кб
ID:	68626   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 16.JPG
Просмотров: 328
Размер:	289.4 Кб
ID:	68636   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 17.JPG
Просмотров: 294
Размер:	163.0 Кб
ID:	68646  

Эти 6 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо uriart за это полезное сообщение:
Allena (02.12.2008), dedulya37 (30.11.2008), I-V (28.10.2011), Konstantin (30.11.2008), Tana (30.11.2008), Кирилл Сызранский (01.12.2008)
Старый 30.11.2008, 23:28 Язык оригинала: Русский       #3
Banned

Throughout the exhibition capture failed.
Миниатюры
Название: 17.JPG
Просмотров: 270
Размер:	163.0 Кб
ID:	68656   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 18.JPG
Просмотров: 331
Размер:	91.2 Кб
ID:	68666   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 19.JPG
Просмотров: 332
Размер:	81.9 Кб
ID:	68676   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 20.JPG
Просмотров: 300
Размер:	180.8 Кб
ID:	68686   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 21.JPG
Просмотров: 321
Размер:	53.4 Кб
ID:	68696  

Название: 22.JPG
Просмотров: 311
Размер:	82.1 Кб
ID:	68706   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 23.JPG
Просмотров: 315
Размер:	153.3 Кб
ID:	68716   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 24.JPG
Просмотров: 311
Размер:	129.4 Кб
ID:	68726   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 25.JPG
Просмотров: 282
Размер:	162.9 Кб
ID:	68736   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 26.JPG
Просмотров: 370
Размер:	77.0 Кб
ID:	68746  

Эти 5 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо uriart за это полезное сообщение:
Allena (02.12.2008), dedulya37 (30.11.2008), I-V (28.10.2011), Tana (30.11.2008), Кирилл Сызранский (01.12.2008)
Старый 30.11.2008, 23:33 Язык оригинала: Русский       #4
Гуру

Поблагодарили 6,167 раз(а) в 1,669 сообщениях

Well, no worse than even some venerable artists.
Classroom work with bottles in the light of the lamp!
SIR viskarya seen drunk and he did well.

dedulya37 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 01.12.2008, 00:01 Язык оригинала: Русский       #5
Гуру

Поблагодарили 29,853 раз(а) в 6,714 сообщениях
Записей в дневнике: 10

Pictures in chronological order? And a lot of pictures? Account for tens, hundreds?

Konstantin вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 01.12.2008, 12:25 Язык оригинала: Русский       #6
Гуру

Поблагодарили 2,221 раз(а) в 455 сообщениях
Записей в дневнике: 1

In my opinion things are all very good, no worse than most of our (Russian) impressionists accurately.

Sandro вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 01.12.2008, 13:09 Язык оригинала: Русский       #7
Гуру

I agree - on the photo is not bad. And seen as the hand becomes more confident. And the question of how many. If it is a lot, how he succeeded in everything else? War, politics.

Этот пользователь сказал Спасибо Konstantin за это полезное сообщение:
I-V (28.10.2011)
Старый 01.12.2008, 13:36 Язык оригинала: Русский       #8
Гуру

Поблагодарили 2,221 раз(а) в 455 сообщениях
Записей в дневнике: 1

Probably the same as Da Vinci and Rubens, and many geniuses, giants of all time. Oh, we need only a little bit of that ...: shy:

Sandro вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 02.12.2008, 17:24 Язык оригинала: Русский       #9
Гуру

Winston Churchill. Politician and painter

Цитата:
The great statesman was a very prolific artist - has written for the life of about 500 paintings

Summer 1915 was the first difficult period in the political career of Winston Churchill. At the beginning of World War I failed them developed an ambitious plan to capture the Dardanelles Strait. Ambitious policies had to withdraw from the new composition of the cabinet. To restore psychic equilibrium Winston and his wife Clementine retired to a small suburban house times Tudors Howe Farm, shot them in the summer.

Читать дальше... 
Among the few guests, the couple came to see Churchill in those tragic days, was his younger brother Jack and his wife Gvendelin or, as her name was close, Guni. But neither brother society, or the picturesque surroundings of Surrey (county in southern England) were unable to divert Winston from sad thoughts.

Churchill's mental state was seriously scared Clementine, boyavshuyusya that in a moment of despair, falling into depression, her husband will go to extreme measures and decides to take their lives. Exit invited Guni. She was fond of watercolors and one of the June days, openly came out on the lawn, was the draw. Her training in painting attracted the attention of Churchill. Noticing his curiosity, Guni brother-yourself invited to participate in the creative process. Winston reluctantly made a few strokes and was amazed at the change occurred. Draw like more and more. Sensing his impatience Gvendelin gave him a set of artists of his six-year old son. But Churchill, this has been enough. He wanted to paint with oil, and only oil.

New hobby Winston healed from a severe attack of depression. With surprise for myself, Churchill found that, concentrating on painting, he forgets about all the political squabbles and troubles. He once confessed to his cousin Clare Sheridan: "Sometimes I'm ready to give up almost all the classes for the sake of painting."

Towards a new hobby Churchill regarded with great love. His output in the open air is a truly magnificent spectacle. First appeared gardeners - who carried the canvas and stretcher, who brushes, palette and tubes of paint. Behind them followed Winston, dressed in a coat of white teak, light broad-brimmed hat and a cigar in his mouth. Assessing the landscape, he gave instructions to place equipment and establish an umbrella for protection from the sun. When all preparations were complete, Churchill let his retinue and set to work.

Since then, the painting has become a permanent part of the life of the great Briton. Easels, paints and canvases are always accompanied by bulky Winston in countless trips and business trips. In each house, who rented a couple Churchill arranged studio. Even in a tight time schedule statesman he always tried to carve out an hour or two to take up their new and, perhaps, the strongest passion. Winston drew everywhere. In the ministerial cabinets and the royal chambers. In the desert of Marrakech and on the coast of France. In the open spaces of the British and Canadian lakes.

Sometimes lessons in painting were dangerous for a politician (and not so long ago - a brave officer). In March 1921, during the Cairo Conference, Winston decided to visit the pyramids, went there with his wife, Lawrence of Arabia and Gertrude Bell on camels. As written after the newspaper Palestine Weekly, "before landing on a camel, Churchill lost his balance and fell to the ground. Despite the ragged wound received in a fall, he continued his trip and even managed to make a few sketches of the Sahara desert."

In contrast to the policy and literature, where Churchill was more than confident in our abilities, with the painting was not the case. He modestly assessed his artistic achievements, being always open for criticism, advice and new ideas. But just to praise it were wary, subconsciously realizing that not only the artistic merit praise his paintings.

In the same year, 1921, Winston had sent several of his paintings at international exhibition in Paris, the precaution of signing a false name Charles Morin. And just six of his works were marked by the jury and put on sale! Even more major success Churchill painter brought in 1925. At the exhibition held in London among the artists lay his painting won first place. And here, of course, also observed complete anonymity provided by the authors.

A real gift for the artist, the policy was an invitation to weekend in the suburban royal residence of Balmoral (this happened in September 1927, when he was Minister of Finance). Most of the weekend, Winston spent over an easel, painting a picturesque view from the window of his room. What observing Polites, then said, rather, said the Private Secretary to King George V, Lord Stemfordhemu:
- I have great pleasure to spent time in Balmorale. Not often that path of duty and pleasure intersect in such a casual manner. I am very pleased that His Majesty gave me permission to use the ministerial chambers as a studio, and I've already taken all precautions not to leave stains on the Victorian tartan (classic British colors of fabric).

Painted this picture was transferred to a local charitable society, putting the work up for auction. Politician-artist was pleasantly surprised when I learned that during the bidding price of the picture considerably exceeded his expectations.

During the Second World War, Churchill was suspended at the time of his father. The only exception was a visit in January 1943, favorite of the Moroccan desert.

During the conference in Casablanca, Winston tells the American president:
- You can not, after visiting North Africa, did not see at this Marrakech (province and city in Morocco). Let's spend the couple of days. I should be with you when you see how the sun sets over the snowy ridges of the Atlas Mountains.

Roosevelt agreed. They quickly crossed the desert in a military jeep and headed towards the famous Taylor's villa, which belonged to the American vice-consul. For the protection of high friends had taken special security measures. On the whole route, is 240 kilometers, were exhibited military patrols. When the motorcade stopped for lunch, it still covered the top and military aircraft.

Reaching the villa Taylor, Winston climbed onto the roof, there is raised a carriage with the U.S. president. Churchill and Roosevelt, two of the closest ally of World War II, sat together and watched the magnificent sunset lights. Minutes of tranquility, beauty, silence, amid the general din and horror of World War II.
- Marrakech - the most beautiful place on our planet - whispered Churchill.

In the evening, during a dinner party, Winston so "melted", that even a little singing. Those who heard it said that turned out not too musically, but - from a pure heart. The next day, Roosevelt returned to the United States. And at noon, Churchill cabled his wife: "We stayed at the Villa Taylor (all the years she was the center of social life of Europeans in Marrakech). The weather is beautiful. I'm going to paint a bit. All acknowledged that I did not overestimate the beauty of the place." The picture, written by Winston on the day will be the only written them for all six years of World War II. Later, Churchill, Roosevelt gave it in memory of their joint decline in the midst of war.

In the summer of 1945 in England were declared a general election, has not carried out once in the past ten years. Counting of votes took place on Thursday 26 July 1945. Already in the middle of the day it became clear that the Conservatives suffered a crushing defeat. When Lord Moran, personal physician to the prime minister, trying to console Churchill spoke of "the ingratitude of the British people," Winston, abruptly interrupting him, said: "Oh no, they had a difficult time ..." One of his aides, Captain Pim, he admitted: "The British people voted as deemed necessary. That is democracy. This is something for which we are fighting." The election results are not just deprived of Churchill Prime Minister, they stripped him of his most important - activity. Less than two weeks after the defeat of Winston admitted personal doctor:
- I can not accustom themselves to idleness rest of life. Much better to be killed in an airplane or die, as Roosevelt. Now I'm going to bed at midnight, because I have nothing more to do.
As thirty years ago, to restore emotional equilibrium, Winston turned to the easel, paints and turpentine (used as a solvent for paints). In September 1945 he went to Italy at the villa of his friend Field Marshal Alexander (supreme commander of Allied forces on the Mediterranean theater of operations), which resumed his studies in painting.

In 1947, Churchill sent a few works in the Royal Academy of Arts. As is the case with the Paris exhibition of 1921, all the works were signed by an assumed name, this time - Mr. David Winter. Much to the surprise of Winston, two of his paintings were accepted. And in 1948 he was granted an honorary member of the Royal Academy of Arts. Despite such a great honor, Churchill still remains modestly rated his own artistic achievements. When in the late 1940's he was invited to hold an exhibition of his works, he declined, remarking:
- They do not deserve it. These pictures are of value only because they were written ... - Here, Winston grinned and continued: ... famous person.

Although Churchill never considered himself equal to the great painters, his dedication and hard work behind the easel are not less than behind a desk. He could not finish for days already finished work, the right
The seat to infinity. In addition, at every opportunity always tried to consult with professionals. Total Winston for the forty-year career as an artist has written more than 500 oil paintings. No wonder that, learning of this, the president of the Royal Academy of Arts, Sir Charles Wheeler involuntarily exclaimed: "I just do not know when you find time for all of your classes in addition to painting!"

With a brilliant sense of humor, Churchill and the painting was not averse to a joke. His old friend Violet Bonham-Carter recalled how one day they stopped at a country house, and Winston decided to sketch anything out of himself does not represent, monochrome and dull the local landscape. Imagine her surprise when, looking at the picture of his friend, she found rearing spectacular mountain ranges, it is unclear from appearing behind the dull and boring plains. In vain she stared at the local fog, trying to find at least some signs of distant mountain ranges.
- So what? - Winston said, noting her surprise and ahead of issues. - I could not leave all the same dull and lifeless!

Not less characteristic of another incident that occurred in September 1945 during a holiday villa Alexander. One evening, when the owner was not home, think Winston fell on one of the paintings hanging on the wall. It seemed dull and featureless. Not long thinking, he decided to correct this shortcoming by adding a bit of bright and light colors. The picture was removed from the wall, removed from the frame and given to the experiments ex-premier. Winston's Daughter - Sara questioned the legality of such treatment from someone else's property. She wanted to stop his father, but it was too late. "Victorious" grabbed the picture, he quickly rushed to a hastily arranged in the bathroom art studio. The next morning, the corrected masterpiece was brought before the guests.

- It was great! - Forgetting his initial frustration, exclaimed Sarah, the picture was inserted back into the mat and hung in its place.

In 1953, Churchill admitted to one of his friends:
- I somehow awkward to exhibit his paintings show. They are for me, rather as children - although behave badly, but still loved.

As neither objected to the author, but stop the flow of public recognition was no longer in his power. Over time, the work of Churchill will be displayed in many European countries, Canada, USA, Australia and Japan. Painting, in his own hand, become part of permanent collections of such world-famous museums, like the Royal Academy of Arts, Tate Gallery, Dallas Museum of Art, Smithsonian Institute in Washington, DC (Scientific Research and Education Institute in the United States, which has a whole complex of museums), the Metropolitan Museum in New York.

Churchill has always attracted the public, and painting in this case is no exception. His first personal exhibition was organized in Kansas City (Missouri, USA) in 1958. January 21, the opening day of the exposition, it was visited by 5427 people. Many art lovers, referring to the creation of Churchill, psychologically prepare themselves for the elementary to the artist-amateur mistakes and blunders. Imagine their surprise when they saw how harmonious submitted work. The Kansas City Times wrote then:
"Never in the history of our Nelsonovskoy art gallery for one day did not occur to so many visitors. Although they are attracted, first of all, the name of Winston Churchill, most of them were satisfied with what he saw paintings."

A gallery director Lawrence Sikman characterized the artistic style of Winston: "For the most part he is a realist. His trees look like trees, houses at home ... A look at his work to understand - he feels a strong attachment to the bright tones. A colleague of Churchill, not only on the sword, but by the hand, Field Marshal Alexander commented on the love of his friend to bright shades: "He likes to paint and use them too much. That's why his picture is so sharp. He can not stand to not use all its color palette. From Kansas City, the exhibition will go first to the New York Metropolitan Museum, and then - in Australia and New Zealand.

The first exhibition at the home of Sir Winston was held in 1959 in London. The exposition, held under the patronage of the Royal Academy of Arts, amounted to sixty-two of the wizard. In the history of Churchill became the fifth academics who during his lifetime received such a large-scale exhibitions. The opening day of the exhibition was visited by 3210 people. For comparison: a similar exhibition of Leonardo da Vinci, which was held shortly before the first day did not arrive until 1172 people. Learning about such statistics, the wife of Winston, Clementine exclaimed:
- Poor Leonardo! ..

And on the closing Churchill exhibition visitors exceeded 141 thousand people. The art critic John London, wrote in the News Chronicle: "It looks like all deeply impressed by the brightness, strength and self-assurance that comes from these pictures. Even some modern artists have recognized that a dozen works could compete with the masterpieces of the Impressionists."

Most critics agree that while Churchill was not a great painter, but his talent. In 1982, the President of the Royal Academy of Arts, Sir Hugh Kesson called Churchill "a lover with a pronounced natural talent: if he had more practice and academic knowledge of it, they would have a high professional, he is especially good as a colorist." And Sir Oswald Birla (the famous British artist) said not much different: "If Winston has devoted as much time painting as politics, he would become one of the greatest artists of our planet."

The great popularity of the author has identified and high prices for his works. Shortly after the death of Churchill, in May 1965, several of his paintings exhibited at the first transatlantic Sotsbi auction, held in London and New York. Trades were conducted simultaneously in two countries, providing consumers the opportunity to pay immediately in the two currencies in dollars and in pounds. One of Churchill's paintings bought a Texas oil millionaire for 39 200 dollars and 22 cents. Later the price increased several times this summer's "Landscape with Sheep" sold for a million pounds sterling.

And yet still could not help question arises what caused such high prices - the achievements of the author as an artist or as an outstanding personality. The chief editor of Art News (New York edition, authoritative in the art world), Dr. Arthur Frakfurter answered it this way: "I think the fact, and others. The only thing I can say clearly: I do not know any famous artist which would, moreover, as a great prime minister ".
Миниатюры
Название: черчиль2.jpg
Просмотров: 303
Размер:	86.2 Кб
ID:	69856   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: черчиль.jpg
Просмотров: 337
Размер:	51.1 Кб
ID:	69866  

Эти 9 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо Konstantin за это полезное сообщение:
Allena (02.12.2008), dedulya37 (02.12.2008), I-V (28.10.2011), kozhinart (03.12.2008), Meister (03.12.2008), Sandro (02.12.2008), Tana (02.12.2008), uriart (02.12.2008), Кирилл Сызранский (02.12.2008)
Старый 02.12.2008, 18:15 Язык оригинала: Русский       #10
Гуру

Поблагодарили 16,455 раз(а) в 4,506 сообщениях
Записей в дневнике: 273

"..... In 2007, one of Churchill's paintings, also written in Morocco, was sold for about a million dollars, and another with the image of his home in Chartwell - for 2 million "
  http://www.newsland.ru/News/Detail/id/248921/cat/16/
-------------------------------
Prices decent, Soviet academicians overtaken ..

Евгений вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Ответ

Опции темы
Опции просмотра