Вернуться   Форум по искусству и инвестициям в искусство > English forum > Appraisal
 English | Русский Forum ARTinvestment.RU RSS Регистрация Дневники Справка Сообщество Сообщения за день Поиск

Appraisal Find out where and how you can get artworks appraised. Discussions related to fine art appraisal.

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 04.03.2011, 09:40 Язык оригинала: Русский       #1
Гуру

Поблагодарили 3,906 раз(а) в 1,154 сообщениях
По умолчанию In Amsterdam, announced the closure of the Rembrandt Research Project (RRP)

The newspaper Kommersant »№ 38 (4579) on 04/03/2011

In Amsterdam, announced the closure of the Rembrandt Research Project (RRP) - funded from the budget of the research project, which began its activities in 1968. His goal was to separate the unmistakable terms of Rembrandt attribution of the work of his "school" or "circle." 42 years of recognized genuine Rembrandt paintings had declined by more than half, fell under suspicion, some almost the most famous of his work. KIRA says Dolinin.

Museums breathe easy - for some time now it does not threaten their removal from the list of masterpieces by Rembrandt in the category of "repetition", "disciples", "school". Collectors can rejoice - if someone has an untested Rembrandt, his chances of remaining under the name of the great increase strongly. Of course, won the auction - prices that the RRP has recognized the true take off automatically, and the revision of the attribution is shining any time soon. But she, without knowing, will receive dividends from the cessation of testing the strength of famous paintings and simple public - we all love to eat the best, and as if any good was an abstract painting, the signature on the label underneath it makes cash - literally and figuratively.

Rembrandt Research Project - is not the first attempt to catalog of Rembrandt and separate the wheat from the chaff. Beginning in 1836, with a directory of John Smith, who found the world's 588 Rembrandt, almost every 30 years (and sometimes more often) is published in the new building of the great Dutch paintings. Number of paintings that are included in the 19 currently available catalogs, ranging from 714 in 1923 (catalog Valentinera) to 250, announced in 1989, was then in the prime of RRP.

The latter figure was just suicidal. In addition, it is derived from Rembrandt's legacy things first row, are stars of their collections: for example, "Portrait of a man in a gold helmet," from the Art Gallery of Berlin, "The Polish Rider" from the Frick Collection in New York, "Self-Portrait in a beret" of the British Royal collection, or "Laughing Man" from the Mauritshuis Museum in The Hague. Discontent, if not more, museum professionals and collectors flared up every day. The position of the purists of the RRP was without foundation - by the time a project of Rembrandt in the world was clearly too much. But the severity and categorical views of new catalogers was unique.

The first "internal" scandal erupted in 1993 when four senior members of the project resigned due to the fact that their younger colleagues, Ernst van de Wetering, spoke in favor of a more flexible approach to attribution. He talked about the fact that Rembrandt during his life is constantly changing, which requires a total test cloths accurate methods of attribution (dendrochronology, chemical and physical analysis of pigments and canvas, reflektografiya infrared, x-rays) used in their studies witty passages such as the study of Rembrandt etchings in the mirror image, making them similar to the drawings, which could be read as preparation for paintings. Left alone at the head of RRP, van de Wetering has increased the number of paintings in which "Rembrandt's authorship is established with confidence, to 320. Many colleagues believe that this is a bit much, but over the past 25 years, the word van de Wetering accustomed to believe.

Now young rebels in 1972, and he said that his followers do not care. With the funding, too tight, and the project closes. Published five volumes of the catalog, which worked out only 240 undisputed master paintings, the remaining 80 van de Wetering promises to describe in its final Corps. Over four decades RRP of purist art history of the sword of justice has become in one's project scientist, who, though, and returned the name of Rembrandt dozen refuseniks, but still remained a storm on the collecting scene. Today, that era goes.

http://www.kommersant.ru/doc.aspx?Do...4798&NodesID=8

The second volume of the catalog Rembrandt Research Project lowered the status of one of the most famous of Rembrandt's works - "Portrait of a man in a gold helmet." Today in the Berlin art gallery under it can be read: "Rembrandt circle"
Миниатюры
Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: Круг Рембрандта. Портрет человека в золотом шлеме.jpg
Просмотров: 219
Размер:	33.4 Кб
ID:	1154534  

I-V вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Эти 3 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо I-V за это полезное сообщение:
fross (04.03.2011), SAH (04.03.2011), Valerit (04.03.2011)
Старый 04.03.2011, 10:00 Язык оригинала: Русский       #2
Гуру

Поблагодарили 3,656 раз(а) в 1,038 сообщениях

Цитата:
Сообщение от IV Посмотреть сообщение
Rembrandt Research Project[/B] lowered the status of one of the most famous of Rembrandt's works - "Portrait of a man in a gold helmet." Today in the Berlin art gallery under it can be read: "Rembrandt circle" [/COLOR][/B]
Yes, the status downgraded ... But you can not lower the dignity of the picture ... It is a pity that the photographs and prints can not convey the beauty and depth to this portrait ... I remember when he first got in the Berlin gallery - hour stood in front of him ... Powerful ...

Us-tin вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Эти 2 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо Us-tin за это полезное сообщение:
I-V (04.03.2011), Valerit (04.03.2011)
Старый 04.03.2011, 12:04 Язык оригинала: Русский       #3
Гуру

Поблагодарили 3,906 раз(а) в 1,154 сообщениях

Цитата:
Сообщение от "Us-tin Посмотреть сообщение
Yes, the status downgraded ...
But you can not lower the dignity of the picture ...

I agree with you.
Berlin was not, but on reproduction could not stop looking.
For me it's like Rembrandt.

I-V вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Эти 2 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо I-V за это полезное сообщение:
Us-tin (04.03.2011), Valerit (04.03.2011)
Ответ