Вернуться   Форум по искусству и инвестициям в искусство > English forum > Art Kaleidoscope
 English | Русский Forum ARTinvestment.RU RSS Регистрация Дневники Справка Сообщество Сообщения за день Поиск

Art Kaleidoscope Interesting and relevant information about art. Discuss general art issues and any topics not covered in other forums. It’s only about art — love, politics, sports, hobbies etc. are discussed in “Chatter”.

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 26.04.2009, 14:57 Язык оригинала: Русский       #1
Гуру

Поблагодарили 3,561 раз(а) в 765 сообщениях
Записей в дневнике: 29
По умолчанию Black and white photograph of Elliott Erwitt

Elliott Erwitt (Elliot Erwitt) was born in 1928 in Paris, in Russian domestic bezhentsev.Ego mother's name was Eugene, she was from a wealthy Moscow family. The name of his father - Boris, he was a student at the Odessa Institute of Architecture. We met the parents Erwitt in Istanbul. Cam Elliott Erwitt first visit to the country of his parents in 1957. His first 10 years he spent in Italy, but fascism forced the family to leave the country and in 1938, Erwitt was leaving for America. Here he is fond of photography, studying photography and film in Los Angeles and New York.

Photographer began his career in 1950 as an assistant photographer in the U.S. Army, Germany and France. At the same time acquainted with Edward Steyhenom and Robert Kapp. After working for magazines Collier \ 's, Look, Life and Holiday. In 1953 Ervitt becomes a member of the agency Magnum Photos, which allows him to engage in free photography projects around the world.

Be sensitive, but not crying, funny, but without the laughter, intelligent, but without razdumyvaniya

Читать дальше... 
«Thanks to Benito Mussolini, I am an American. My parents had to leave Russia after revolyutsii.1 I was born in France and was named Elio Romano Ervits - Romano, because my father went to the University of Rome. I think he liked it. Its first ten years I spent in Italy, but fascism is forced us to leave this country in 1938. By 1941, with his father, I was in Los Angeles, California ... "With these words, you can start the story about the man known today, all under the name Elliott Ervitt.2

Spring. First of May. Destination - more than the familiar Central Park West. Sun - with the right side. Morning. In my head - details biography of the photographer.

From 1942 to 1944 in Los andzhelesckom college studying photography, from 1948 to 1950. - Film industry in the new school of social studies in New York. Meets Edward Stayhenom and Robert Kapa in 1950. Works under the guidance of the legendary Roy Stryker in the Standart Oil Company. He served in the Army photographer in Germany and France from 1951 to 1953. Becoming a photographer "Magnum" after the service - "took uniforms and within twenty minutes was a" Magnum ". In 1956 he takes part in the famous Steichen exhibition Family of Man Museum of Modern Art in New York. In the seventies - removes three documentaries: Beauty Knows No Pain (1971), Red, White and Bluegrass (1973) and Glassmakers of Heart, Afganistan (1977). Among the most famous books: the first in the bibliography - Son of Bitch (1974), and then - Personal Exposures (1988), On the Beach (1991), Dogs, Dogs (1999), Snaps (2001) ... 3

Central Park West. In order to reach their workplace, Elliott Erwitt not need to spend a lot of time. It is located in the same building as his apartment, and one only from the eighth floor down to the first. Studio and office windows look to the eastern part of Central Park. In the middle of the cabinet is a large table. Along the walls are archival boxes. They - framed under glass and large photographs, leaning against the walls: some of his most famous works - his legs and a little dog (New York, 1974); view the registry office (Bratsk, 1967), etc. The western part is a narrow corridor. A small room with a computer, even further - building an archive with a window into the courtyard, a large stepladder and archival boxes to the ceiling along the walls, a desk in the center. Lab - in the basement. All I want that to come down from the eighth floor to the first.

Erwitt is located at the table, slightly leaning back in his chair, his hands - one to the other in front of him on her lap. Look out for glasses calm, with a slight frown. The conversation went on slowly, responds slowly, with pauses. One of them dragged out exactly according to Stanislavski, which was immediately on its completion, not without pleasure, and announced. Interrupted several times. It always happens. Telephone rang. "It must be an important conversation with London" - stopped himself in mid-sentence Erwitt. In the room was spread a few words wife. "You are this morning is rather daring. - Saucy? - Defiant "- a nod affirming the question in reply, remarked with a smile photographer ...

Black and white photograph of Elliott Erwitt. It is obvious that all work is acceptable not to know, but that is hardly possible. But someone probably remember tearful Jacqueline Kennedy under a black veil and an envelope with an American flag in his hands at Arlington Cemetery (1963) and White /Colored (1950). Someone - a kiss in the rearview mirror (1955), Wedding Palace in Bratsk (1967), the dispute Khrushchev and Nixon on the show in Moscow (1959), or - lapdog, "flying" over the asphalt: Ballycotton, Eire, (1968) . Each picture is different. All joined by one - they are very emotional. "I see, I try to entertain, but above all this, I want the images were emotional. There is little else I'm interested in photography.

His recent retrospective book called Erwitt Snaps. Snap - one of the following words snapshot, Kojima usually denoted by an amateur photograph. Photographer "despises the pretentious-art, giperestetskoe Lingo on Ahaz photography", 4, and everything connected with it. Click. And perfectly sound track. Click. And - the climax of the plot. Photos of him are his photographs, in light of his perception of what is happening. Snaps. If they "help someone to see something a certain way, it is likely that - to look at seriously serious. Everything is serious. And - not serious ".

"The very essence of art Elliott is to be sensitive, but not crying, funny, but without the laughter, intelligent, but without razdumyvaniya. So once said about photographer English novelist Wilfrid Shid.5

Easy detachment and always confident in what's happening around. People, animals. The scenes, gestures and glances. The irony and humor. In a conversation directly on the photographic image Elliott Erwitt applies to those of people who are more likely to be taciturn and laconic in the wording. "Explain the image - is like explaining a joke. As soon as you explained it, once it dies. It's like a dissection of a frog. Once you cut it - it ceases to be a frog. " Let comparison unexpected, but I must pay tribute, visual. "And well, if you can not explain the image. Because then it means that it is visually.

No explanation: the U.S., Italy, Israel, France, Russia, Japan, United Kingdom - in whatever country was not a photographer, his photographs are accompanied, as a rule, only an indication of the place and year. "My image in a certain sense politic. They should be considered as comments to the human comedy. Is not this politics? Ask me whom I love more than anything, Nixon or Johnson? It will be necessary to make me strong, so I gave this clear answer. Johnson was the epitome of vulgarity, but it can be seen from the photos? You are to me and say ".6 The Human Comedy. "He did so that we can perceive the human comedy with ease", - said one of kritikov.7

In addition to all it's worth remembering the history of a display of photographs in Smitsonian8. "You know, as people rush to the Smithsonian - a fast train. There so many things, what is worth seeing. Sweeping through my room, in the middle of his third ... or they suddenly stopped and turned back - something seemed to be not quite as it should. Their eyes do not catch the image completely, with one fold. They returned, and that's when it all began, and the most amazing. They began to laugh, and imbued me with a photograph of such interest that the best reward for themselves it was impossible to imagine. The wonderful response! I just love to watch people run into the hall, stop and start all over again. Several times I returned to observe that ".9

Elliott Ervit since then has not changed a bit. Remains the same, rejoicing the fact that someone stopped and looked back at his picture, interested, surprised, burst out laughing. So if you happen to be in the exhibit of his photographs, you know, perhaps he is now somewhere nearby and looking for you and your reaction.

Dmitry Kiyan
Миниатюры
Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 1.jpg
Просмотров: 348
Размер:	63.0 Кб
ID:	217766   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 2.jpg
Просмотров: 372
Размер:	79.6 Кб
ID:	217776   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 3.jpg
Просмотров: 345
Размер:	61.5 Кб
ID:	217786   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 4.jpg
Просмотров: 360
Размер:	36.1 Кб
ID:	217796   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 5.jpg
Просмотров: 332
Размер:	42.5 Кб
ID:	217806  

Название: 6.jpg
Просмотров: 345
Размер:	74.9 Кб
ID:	217816   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 7.jpg
Просмотров: 367
Размер:	77.5 Кб
ID:	217826   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 8.jpg
Просмотров: 360
Размер:	141.3 Кб
ID:	217836   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 9.jpg
Просмотров: 309
Размер:	74.6 Кб
ID:	217846   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 10.jpg
Просмотров: 355
Размер:	132.9 Кб
ID:	217856  

gans вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Эти 7 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо gans за это полезное сообщение:
Art-lover (26.04.2009), Drug (16.08.2009), Glasha (27.04.2009), Grigory (27.04.2009), Jasmin (26.04.2009), Tana (26.04.2009), Вивьен (27.04.2009)
Старый 26.04.2009, 14:59 Язык оригинала: Русский       #2
Гуру

Миниатюры
Название: 11.jpg
Просмотров: 269
Размер:	83.2 Кб
ID:	217866   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 12.jpg
Просмотров: 249
Размер:	73.9 Кб
ID:	217876   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 13.jpg
Просмотров: 290
Размер:	37.9 Кб
ID:	217886   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 14.jpg
Просмотров: 259
Размер:	23.5 Кб
ID:	217896   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 15.jpg
Просмотров: 246
Размер:	121.3 Кб
ID:	217906  

Название: 16.jpg
Просмотров: 298
Размер:	33.1 Кб
ID:	217916   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 17.jpg
Просмотров: 279
Размер:	32.3 Кб
ID:	217926   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 18.jpg
Просмотров: 268
Размер:	20.4 Кб
ID:	217936  

gans вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Эти 6 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо gans за это полезное сообщение:
Drug (16.08.2009), Glasha (27.04.2009), Grigory (27.04.2009), Jasmin (26.04.2009), Tana (26.04.2009), Вивьен (27.04.2009)
Старый 26.04.2009, 21:06 Язык оригинала: Русский       #3
Гуру

Поблагодарили 1,308 раз(а) в 415 сообщениях
Записей в дневнике: 12

gans, thanks. is brilliant images

Yaya вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Этот пользователь сказал Спасибо Yaya за это полезное сообщение:
gans (26.04.2009)
Старый 26.04.2009, 22:24 Язык оригинала: Русский       #4
Гуру