Вернуться   Форум по искусству и инвестициям в искусство > English forum > Art Kaleidoscope
 English | Русский Forum ARTinvestment.RU RSS Регистрация Дневники Справка Сообщество Сообщения за день Поиск

Art Kaleidoscope Interesting and relevant information about art. Discuss general art issues and any topics not covered in other forums. It’s only about art — love, politics, sports, hobbies etc. are discussed in “Chatter”.

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 14.08.2009, 11:02 Язык оригинала: Русский       #1
Старожил

Поблагодарили 719 раз(а) в 205 сообщениях
По умолчанию How to work an artist with a gallery and a gallery to work with an artist?

How to work an artist with a gallery and a gallery to work with an artist?
Ladies and gentlemen! The various themes of our (pozvodyu myself so to speak) forum in any way, as these issues arise. Perfect system does not exist. Every man and every structure, in varying degrees, and certain periods of time, feels the crisis.
Periodically want fresh "blood", new look, a bold non-standard solution.
Indeed, why, often, the artist can not find "his" gallery, a gallery - the artist? Eight years of experience allows me to make some conclusions. However, questions arise and more.
Let's share ...

[color="# 666686"]Added after 13 minutes[/color]
Dear Administration! I do not understand how (kettle), but accidentally created two identical threads. Kindly ask them to join. I tried to erase one, but I do not know whether you have received ...

Семен Семенович вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Эти 6 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо Семен Семенович за это полезное сообщение:
Jasmin (14.08.2009), K-Maler (16.08.2009), Nedogonov (03.09.2009), Ninni (17.08.2009), Вивьен (14.08.2009), таша (14.08.2009)
Старый 14.08.2009, 11:32 Язык оригинала: Русский       #2
Гуру

Поблагодарили 8,892 раз(а) в 1,858 сообщениях
Отправить сообщение для Артём с помощью Skype™

Цитата:
Сообщение от Semen Semenovich Посмотреть сообщение
How to work an artist with a gallery and a gallery to work with an artist?
How to work with your artist gallery or let us say with the gallery "Praha" in Prague? Gallery will always turn the artist in his advantage, giving him different, sometimes absurd, conditions of work. Let's talk about the conditions? : confused:

Артём вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 14.08.2009, 13:01 Язык оригинала: Русский       #3
Старожил

Цитата:
Сообщение от NATA NOVA Посмотреть сообщение
where no one dictates to no vision, no strategy of advertising, where hudodniki need to pay for rent, but all have a profit (if you will)
But then this is not the gallery, just rooms where people expose the product of his labor (no referral, advertising, stock, etc.) In this case deals with an artist himself, and not about any of gallery work can not speak ...

Цитата:
what kind srtrudnichestve can generally be a question, if (from experience on the site) with them (owners of galleries, or those. Who for their own valuation) elementary unpleasant to communicate?
You know, do not sovsemi artists too pleasant to communicate. And if the gallery is engaged by the artist and his work (and its level of its suits), while personal relationships fade into the background. Copies also falls, I tell you ... And who said that it would be easy!

[color="# 666686"]Added after 14 minutes[/color]
Цитата:
Сообщение от Artem Посмотреть сообщение
Gallery will always twist the artist in his advantage, giving him different, sometimes absurd, conditions of work. Let's talk about the conditions?
You know, I do not understand what it means to twist in opposite directions. work with the artist on vzaitovygodnyh conditions and any imbalance leads to a breakdown in the relationship. Often artists are trying to dictate terms. Gallery did not complain about it. Simple misunderstandings are often found in the fact that the gallery for his work, too, should be rewarded. And not all artists understand this.
And the terms of cooperation are simple - I've written about them. If the level of the artist consistent with the general level of the gallery, a gallery - the artist's request, then, as a rule, cooperation is obtained.

Эти 2 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо Семен Семенович за это полезное сообщение:
eva777 (17.08.2009), Евгений (14.08.2009)
Старый 14.08.2009, 13:20 Язык оригинала: Русский       #4
Гуру

Поблагодарили 4,382 раз(а) в 2,259 сообщениях
Записей в дневнике: 2
Отправить сообщение для NATA NOVA с помощью Skype™

Цитата:
But then this is not the gallery, but just space, where people expose the product of his labor (without the lines, advertising, stock, etc.) in This case deals with an artist himself, and not about any of gallery work is out ...
  I saw on another ...

You know, do not sovsemi artists too pleasant to communicate. And if the gallery is engaged by the artist and his work (and its level of its suits), while personal relationships fade into the background. Copies also falls, I tell you ... And who said that it will be easy!
Life is too short to waste it on unworthy communion.
(I understand) But I will not (MGE Buskadora quite enough, although I do not get angry, but do not intend to repeat the experience) .. Tyschi galleries everywhere, no place dye ...

NATA NOVA вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 14.08.2009, 13:23 Язык оригинала: Русский       #5
Banned

Поблагодарили 1,380 раз(а) в 500 сообщениях
Записей в дневнике: 12

I think I can serve as an arbitrator in the dispute, art dealers and artists, because they do not belong neither to one nor the other.

I buy paintings in galleries, who found a common language, and directly from artists. I can say a lot of good /bad things about both.
Indeed, the approach VITA NOVA similar to the approach to the Pick-up Artist of office space - this is not art gallery with his close circle of artists and admirers.
The artist is not easy to find your gallery, where he was understood and treated kindly, the artist is not easy to understand the benefits of mutually profitable. In order to gallery invested their time and money in the promotion of the artist, the tube very tough conditions. No one will pull the chestnuts out of fire for that guy. These conditions are almost impossible to implement in Russia and the former Soviet Union because of the underdevelopment of the habits of legality and the reluctance of suing.

I am sure that in the West every talented amateur painter, to get started with the galleries, usually some signs exclusive contract. This applies not only to artists - all, including actors and musicians. At some time devoting themselves to the "bondage", in response to receiving recognition. God forbid, an artist peremetnetsya in another gallery, violating the conditions of the contract. Yes its there and will not accept, concerned about potential judicial risks.

I have noticed that many artists a complete misunderstanding of a simple financial gain. They will talk about the high cost of canvas and paint, forgetting about the high cost of money.

Example: the presence of a large collection Nalbandian in the gallery Leonid Shishkin clearly increased the popularity of the average Soviet artist. And they can safely work, no matter how rude it sounds, without creating a large surplus value for the foreign galleries.

Черномашенцев Владимир вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 14.08.2009, 13:53 Язык оригинала: Русский       #6
Старожил

Цитата:
Life is too short to waste it on unworthy communion.
(I understand) But I will not (MGE Buskadora quite enough, although I do not get angry, but do not intend to repeat the experience) .. Tyschi galleries everywhere, no place dye ...
You извените me. I asked this theme is not for recrimination, but to ensure that views of other find a rational .. Maybe someone is would help too.
And it is absolutely not for recrimination and to ascertain the relationship (I do not know that you are there with the Buskadorom to find out).
Everyone knows that is not the place makes the man. However, in every country there are galleries, which tend to get artists, because it is already a certain level of artistic value and market value ...
It's like the actors getting into the picture may become a famous director's motion to fame ...

[color="# 666686"]Added after 8 minutes[/color]
Цитата:
Сообщение от Chernomashentsev Vladimir Посмотреть сообщение
I think I can serve as an arbitrator in the dispute, art dealers and artists, because they do not belong neither to one nor the other.
Ungrateful thing - to be the arbiter for both sides. You know how in one of history: two drunken men fighting, police came to parted. Sober, stoned police and further sort things out ...: D

Эти 3 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо Семен Семенович за это полезное сообщение:
eva777 (17.08.2009), Jasmin (14.08.2009), Евгений (14.08.2009)
Старый 14.08.2009, 14:03 Язык оригинала: Русский       #7
Banned

Цитата:
The ungrateful thing - to be the arbiter for both sides.
Would agree.

It is necessary to formulate a simpler - I just have my mind from the outside.

Этот пользователь сказал Спасибо Черномашенцев Владимир за это полезное сообщение:
Евгений (14.08.2009)
Старый 14.08.2009, 14:24 Язык оригинала: Русский       #8
Гуру

Поблагодарили 38,258 раз(а) в 5,446 сообщениях

Цитата:
Сообщение от Chernomashentsev Vladimir Посмотреть сообщение

I am sure that in the West every talented amateur painter, to get started with the galleries, usually some signs exclusive contract. This applies not only to artists - all, including actors and musicians. At some time devoting themselves to the "bondage", in response to receiving recognition. God forbid, an artist peremetnetsya in another gallery, violating the conditions of the contract. Yes its there and will not accept, concerned about potential judicial risks.
I would like to clarify that the exclusive, which is widely practiced in the years 1960-80, has now become a rare exception, at least in Europe. Not so long ago we talked with Faride Kado, one of the most famous galeristok Paris, which also was a gallery in New York, and she recalled with nostalgia is a golden time

It should also be noted that exclusives artist was obliged to put a certain amount of work per month, but he was guaranteed a regular wage. Perhaps this explains the disappearance of such a formula - used by gallerists had the means, and they themselves were willing to waste water (such gallery owners, like Manuel Schmid and Benoit Sapir still sell the work bought by their fathers), but now neither the money nor the desire to "replenish bins, they do not, and the ephemeral nature of fashion in contemporary art to this does not have.

LCR вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Эти 14 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо LCR за это полезное сообщение:
eva777 (17.08.2009), Glasha (06.04.2010), iosif (14.08.2009), Jasmin (14.08.2009), K-Maler (16.08.2009), kozhinart (14.08.2009), spigo (14.08.2009), Tais (14.10.2009), Tana (14.08.2009), Veronic (14.08.2009), Евгений (14.08.2009), Кирилл Сызранский (14.08.2009), Семен Семенович (14.08.2009), Черномашенцев Владимир (14.08.2009)
Старый 14.08.2009, 14:35 Язык оригинала: Русский       #9
Banned

Цитата:
Сообщение от LCR Посмотреть сообщение
I would like to clarify that the exclusive, which is widely practiced in the years 1960-80, has now become a rare exception, at least in Europe.
Pity. This allows the artist to work without worrying about side issues.

And the attitude of the gallery to "own" the artist would have been more warm and tidy.
  If an artist is "free" - then why gallery invest money into it, groomed and pampered?

It is logical to think so: "If the commodity is sold, then we will sell, if you stood up, then immediately free the warehouses [wall] for a new product." Appears clean business and relations "producer-dealer."

Старый 14.08.2009, 14:54 Язык оригинала: Русский       #10
Старожил

Цитата:
Сообщение от LCR Посмотреть сообщение
It should also be noted that exclusives artist was obliged to put a certain amount of work per month, but he was guaranteed a regular wage.
I have long worked this way (more precisely, about three years). Of course, this crisis has made some corrections, but I continue to work with some of the case. In my practice, the artists do not stand up and try after some time (when the ads began to operate, the catalog is made, a personal exhibition held ...) to dictate new terms. Time, as a rule, puts all their places. It is a pity missed ...

Этот пользователь сказал Спасибо Семен Семенович за это полезное сообщение:
Ответ