Вернуться   Форум по искусству и инвестициям в искусство > English forum > Appraisal
 English | Русский Forum ARTinvestment.RU RSS Регистрация Дневники Справка Сообщество Сообщения за день Поиск

Appraisal Find out where and how you can get artworks appraised. Discussions related to fine art appraisal.

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 27.12.2011, 01:26 Язык оригинала: Русский       #1
Бывалый

Поблагодарили 976 раз(а) в 257 сообщениях
По умолчанию Vladimir Roshchin of fake paintings and fraud experts

Vladimir Roshchin of fake paintings and fraud experts. 26/12/11. News in the art world. rupo.ru

Another interview with Vladimir Roshchin, publisher of the acclaimed "Catalogue of fraud" in five volumes and the author of the film "errors or fraud," published on the website arf.su. The former chief, but who quit, a fighter with Fake recommends that collectors carefully selected experts ...

- Vladimir, what is happening in the examination of works of art?

In general, today the situation has not changed - the market is still walking expert opinion questionable, issued by various governmental agencies.

- But do not give expertise to museums banned? After all, it should limit the activities of experts.

Yes, back in 2008 after more or less well-known scandals in the art market, the loss of millions of dollars, Roskultura, headed by Mikhail Shvydkoi (not to be confused with Rosokhrankultura) banned museums give commercial expertise. This is understandable, because nowhere in the world there is no such practice.

Читать дальше... 
But one government agency in the latter still permitted to engage in commercial expertise, and how justified such selectivity is not clear. All organizations such structure must be on an equal footing and equally supported by the state. It's so obvious.

Very precisely defined situation Kolupaeva Anna - at that time head of the Department of Cultural Heritage, Education and Science Roskultury, which were subordinate to all museums and science centers in Russia and restoration:

"We believe that the restorers and experts are entitled to paid services, paying their taxes. But they should do so as individuals, as professionals. There are experts who are quite the reputation. But many important brand, brand. As a result, the expert is wrong, and a reputation for losing the museum. Naturally, there will also private expert organization. Let those same experts are working there, their knowledge is costly. But it will not be used brand state institutions. But to continue what is happening now is to substitute all ".

And note that this view is an official who knows the intricacies of museums from the inside.

- And what is the opinion of the direct participants of the art market - dealers and collectors?

Many major collectors and art dealers also believe that museums and restoration centers and did not have to make a commercial assessment. Suffice it to mention the "Catalogue of counterfeit works of art," which launched the Federal Service for Supervision of Legislation in the field of Cultural Heritage (Rosokhrankultura) in 5 parts. It provides nearly one thousand works of Russian art, is Ivan Aivazovsky, Alexey Bogolyubov, Lagorio Lev and Mikhail Klodt, Ivan Shishkin and other great artists.

Many of these expert opinions were issued namely museums and restoration centers. No expert has not incurred any liability giving expertise, with armorial seals, thereby shifting the entire responsibility on the expert center or a museum. But art dealers and collectors with its sides suffered losses of millions of dollars. Comfortably, you will agree.

Existing legislation in this area is not sufficiently worked out, and it skillfully used. It is worth noting, thousands of pictures, is in serious doubt for highly skilled experts, and are still unpublished. In my opinion, it is important for everyone involved in this activity: collectors, auction houses, banks, insurance companies, art dealers and, of course, the experts themselves. The situation with the expertise of some of the leaders do not seem to research activities, but rather the endless hardware intrigue, scheming with each other, and so on.

Of course, not easy to understand all the intricacies of the functioning of the expert system in Russia, it is necessary to spend a lot of time. Under the name of "expert" is not surprising to meet people's unprofessional, and sometimes does combinators of art that you quickly along like a Christmas tree their expert opinions on the "masterpieces", in fact, very doubtful.

No such expert, who would not mistaken, this has repeatedly said Sawa Yamschikov, chairman of the Association of Restorers of Russia. "The most experienced art historian, an expert has the right to make mistakes. We can all make mistakes and wrong. But what we have going on in the affairs of expertise, that being said, will not find it! "- He said in an interview for the documentary" error or fraud "(2009), aimed at combating fraud history of art.

- whether to continue the work you mentioned directories fraud today?

Of course, in full. Literally ten days ago I was contacted by a rather famous person I once personally presented the catalogs. For a long time, he simply hands do not reach them. And here he was on sick leave, was leafing through catalogs and found that the central work, which hangs in his former wife in the house, there was published. It was bought in 2003-2004, about 300 thousand dollars. I asked a dealer who sold the "property of the republic" and a government department confirmed the authorship of the artist, and his answer was not news to me. Now this story is worthy sequel!

- What to do in this situation, a collector? Go to an art dealer who sold the picture?

Of course, but there is one problem: the one who sold to the buyer, typically earned little, and return all the accounts. The chain of dealers can be endless, especially if much time has passed. Go to the expert as it is useless - he says that work is hereby acknowledged, and the dealer sold the fake with his expertise. In the best case, the answer that was wrong, but it was his personal opinion. Sorry all.

- How to avoid similar situations?

The only way to avoid such situations should be handled only by experts, whose opinion is the most authoritative. And such a little, that's why in 2010, was released guide "Russian experts on cultural values."

It was compiled by a survey conducted among the biggest collectors of Russian and Western European art, as well as on the basis of analysis of expert opinions on cultural values, issued in recent years. One of the main tasks of manual - to select the names of those experts, whose opinion is the most authoritative in the field of expertise.

Reputation and experience is recognized by almost all market participants. This is to somehow reduce the risk of possible errors. In fact, many respected experts included in the handbook are also accredited by the advisory council of the International Confederation of antique and art dealers.

- When to go, "counterfeiting directories", many dealers were unhappy with them?

It's true. But their indignation was understandable - people had to give money for pictures that they used to be sold. In this picture accompanied by expert opinions of state institutions, many antique dealers were just trapped. Buyers really brought back lots of pictures of art dealers, but who is not lucky, because there is no one who was to return to racing in criminal cases, others were not able to pay.

In fact, it happened that the extreme were the dealers, but are not experts, who happen to make mistakes, but somehow more expensive for artists. The five parts of the directory was published about a thousand works, which experts estimate the total amount of approximately $ 100 million.

By the way I would say that the first, third, and fifth issue of "fake directory" was made famous art critic, who has worked 35 years at the Tretyakov Gallery, Vladimir Petrov. For that he in fact many are grateful. In this fierce hatred of catalogs showed several characters in the art market.

How many rumors they were dismissed as fables invented. But it all worked on catalogs: the more they suffered delusions, the more people they were interested. Who could have imagined that they themselves organize such an effective advertising. Friends call me and Emelyanov Zakharov (his gallery "Triumph" was also involved in this project) and asked how much money we spend on such a massive advertising campaign directory. We just laughed and shrugged.

However, experts on trafficking in cultural property drew attention to a particularly disaffected characters, began to study copies of expert reports, compare them with pictures from the directory, find out who brought the painting to the examination and so on.

- Can you give some specific examples?

One can cite specific instances. Such, for instance, mysterious disappearance of one painting worth about 250-300 thousand dollars. many years ago. The canvas was found and returned to the rightful owner. In a chain of several paintings from the resale of the seller to the buyer, as it turned out, there is also one of the most ardent opponents of the directory. I admit that part of selling is commonplace, and he simply could not have known about the origin of the painting, but none the less. On.

I read some documents of a multi-criminal proceedings (as everybody knows Moscow antiques). Some evidence I found particularly interesting. When it came to counterfeit, and a highly respected expert identified several individuals and galleries, which passed through the works of this kind. And how do you think, who was on the list? The same ardent opponent of catalogs of fakes.

After this event was the idea appeal to buyers with a recommendation to carefully check all that had been purchased from this gentleman, moreover, that this is not the allegations and facts documented. I think the results would be very curious. It's like a snowball, which is impossible to stop. In principle, it is never too late to do, but I think this is no longer necessary - the business directory has made, likes it or not, but it is.

Here's a story of such a plan. I was asked to recommend a professional expert to test a small collection of paintings, which were already expert opinions. I'm not an art, but about the tricks of magicians and sorcerers know quite a lot. Having selected a number of examinations with the names of experts, deserving, in my opinion, attention, I asked the owner to check their pictures in the first place. After re-examination of a few expensive paintings have been reworked from the West works. It is true that claims to the seller of the junk and not subjected to, the owner received them as a gift and does not want to stir up a scandal.

- What do you think the solution to the problem?

In fact, future research expertise belongs to a well-equipped independent expert organizations, and, above all, because of the expert should not be any administrative resource. Throughout the world, so!

He must own voice and for him personally liable. Even if we're not talking about liability, but simply the name, the reputation. No such expert, who would not wrong. But there are those who mistake a hundred times alone, but there are some that are one hundred fifty times.

The public institution is an expert on the head of the department, the chairman, deputy director in charge, finally, the director, and all of them, one way or another, are related to the examination, or more precisely, to its results. Perhaps that is why examination of state institutions finally exhausted itself over the years of its existence.

If we consider the peer organization, then there is the opposite. The examination is conducted the same experts, but they have no one in command, the expert is independent from the administrative point of absurdity. And it's not working on older hardware, which should be exhibited as curiosities in museums and at the present.

Take for example The research independent examination of the name of Pavel Tretyakov (NINE), or ART CONSULTING company - an independent expert institution. I will not say that this is the best expert organizations in Russia. But there is the most important, fundamental principle that must be present everywhere - it is a choice. Sdaesh work to study the list and chooses the person to whom you trust, whose name the most influential and whose paper claimed.

And when people come to the expert state institution, the picture of the Russian painter might, for example, to get the research to an expert who was involved in Western painting, but suddenly decides to carry out examination: for example, or Luba Bryullov. In the institutions of chiefs decide when and how the expert will do an examination on a particular artist, not always paying the qualified experts.

Expert may be removed from the examination of the particular artist, I suppose, to conduct the necessary expertise in the decision one way or another. As an example it is enough to mention the "fake directories", where representatives of the art printed OTK (Technical Control Division).

So before you give a picture on the study, a clear need to understand where and to what an expert you are applying.

There are all sorts of special schemes to confirm the authorship of the artist or to refute it. Arriving at the truth is difficult enough, you explain in detail why you rendered a decision. But it is after all, so that the picture unexamined floats on the market as the original, and expert opinion issued the same judge who earlier rejected her.

In the case of proceedings of this question, the answer would be the expert: there were additional material for the artist and work. And in fact it happens and not always do it intentionally, but it is difficult to understand where there facet. This expertise cycle is endless.

- Can you give an example of unfair expert?

One can cite a typical example of unfair expert as to the other side. Interesting a story in which all ended well, but only because collectors are not allowed by the "experts" to recognize the true picture of a fake.

Collector is selling a picture worth 1 million 200 thousand dollars. Shortly after the transaction he dies, the heirs are a collector, which dumped all the worries about the huge collection and a complete lack of cash. Suddenly, people who have bought the picture, say it is not real.

It does not require a refund, just reformat and offer a deal - find a picture of a millionth of a certain small amount, and the rest pick up other items from the collection. In this case, they refer to expert opinion, who thinks the picture later forgery. They also claim that there are technological conclusion.

Fortunately, family friends, collectors, remember that this picture back in Soviet times was exhibited at the exhibition abroad. The exposition was arranged under the auspices of the Ministry of Culture of the USSR, and the picture came to her straight from the artist's family. Was released on the directory where it was reproduced. With great difficulty, got the directory, send an expert to recognize a fake painting. The expert stated that "this changes everything!" When asked about these technological research, she said that this was a piece of paper, but "got lost somewhere!"

And these stories, when the real work given the "negative" conclusion, too, can result in large number.

- Maybe art criticism in general is not necessary expertise? In Europe, much more important is the origin of the work, provenance.

If you look at the expert opinion that the buyer sees it a masterpiece? Authorship of the artist is confirmed, the picture has a museum value and can be recommended in the museum collection. It would be good even to write in large print: Gentlemen, please keep in mind that this is our personal opinion, we give it on behalf of public institutions and assure official stamp, but in the event of any material errors are not responsible. This was most people do not realize.

Against the background of everything that happens to me personally, art criticism expertise is certainly needed, but more as a support in terms of clarity and completeness of reliability. In my opinion, more reliable guarantor of this may be known and respected collector or dealer who provides legal written assurances that it Lentulov or Mashkov, for example. Also, funds that deal with this or that artist.

For example, if you have a job allegedly Konchalovsky, and authenticity is not confirmed Petr Konchalovsky Foundation, you can have at least a dozen examinations of any other places, it still will not Konchalovsky. Same thing with Roerich (International Roerich Center) In Europe, many of these funds, and only they are the most credible assurance of the authenticity of works by these artists.

At present, formed a group of lawyers specializing in issues of cultural property. I think they have a very good and long-term prospects. Details not yet know, but all information will be soon at www. arf. su.

I was invited to take part, but now I must confess that these issues as deeply as before, no longer interested in, and closed for a topic, when released last year, "Directory of experts." Especially, now that I spend a lot of time in Europe and in Moscow is not seen. But I have, however, there is still some unfinished business on which I am working on.

Questions asked Yelena Soboleva

Последний раз редактировалось Artem; 27.12.2011 в 01:45.
Artem вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Эти 24 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо Artem за это полезное сообщение:
ABC (28.12.2011), fabosch (27.12.2011), Grigory (27.12.2011), iside (28.12.2011), John Preston (27.12.2011), Kaffsky (27.12.2011), Maskit (12.01.2012), mihailovoh (27.12.2011), Samvel (28.12.2011), Santa (27.12.2011), Seriy (27.12.2011), silent (27.12.2011), sur (30.12.2011), uriart (30.12.2011), usynin2 (27.12.2011), vyadem (27.12.2011), Вивьен (12.01.2012), Евгений (14.01.2012), Игорь Гурьев (27.12.2011), Маруся (28.12.2011), Отшельник (27.12.2011), Самвел (27.12.2011)
Старый 28.12.2011, 12:57 Язык оригинала: Русский       #2
Гуру

Поблагодарили 1,608 раз(а) в 686 сообщениях

Цитата:
Сообщение от Artem; 1904161"
Another interview ......
The epigraph to this " next " interview , where in which countless times Mr Roshchin retells the same thing and still manages to name just one name - Petrov + energetically promoting The research independent examination of the name Pavel Tretyakov ( NINE ) and company ART CONSULTING , are very suitable lyrics of the famous series.

If someone is here and we sometimes
Honestly to live does not want
So, with us to fight an invisible ,
So appointed destiny for you and me ,
Service days and nights.
( c)

тандем вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 30.12.2011, 02:21 Язык оригинала: Русский       #3
Бывалый

Цитата:
Сообщение от tandem ; 1906101"
energetically promoting scientific research independent examination of the name of Pavel Tretyakov ( NINE ), and the company ART CONSULTING ,
If energetically promoting them but I do not ..
-------------------------------

Цитата:
Сообщение от Artem; 1904161"
now formed a group of lawyers specializing in issues of cultural property. I think they have a very good and long-term prospects . Details not yet know, but all information will be soon at www. arf. su.
----------------

Последний раз редактировалось Artem; 31.12.2011 в 01:57.
Этот пользователь сказал Спасибо Artem за это полезное сообщение:
Santa (30.12.2011)
Старый 30.12.2011, 09:22 Язык оригинала: Русский       #4
Banned

Поблагодарили 7,015 раз(а) в 2,462 сообщениях
Отправить сообщение для uriart с помощью Skype™

Artem, sovreshenno become clear that his PR Institute examinations.

And what is more energetically promoting them?

After all, their experts have not yet done any mistakes.

Only time will tell how this institution examinations.

uriart вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Эти 3 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо uriart за это полезное сообщение:
Santa (13.01.2012), Toinen (30.12.2011), Мимопроходил (13.01.2012)
Старый 12.01.2012, 18:28 Язык оригинала: Русский       #5
Бывалый

Цитата:
Сообщение от uriart Посмотреть сообщение
Artem, becomes clear that sovreshenno his PR Institute examinations.

And what is more energetically promoting them?!

What kind of institution do you mean?
What does the assessment?

Старый 12.01.2012, 19:59 Язык оригинала: Русский       #6
Banned

Поблагодарили 7,015 раз(а) в 2,462 сообщениях
Отправить сообщение для uriart с помощью Skype™

now formed a group of lawyers specializing in issues of cultural property. I think they have a very good and long-term prospects . Details not yet know, but soon all information will be
online www. arf. su

Institute of expert who on this site.
That's it, and PR.
Say always cheat, but we do not !

uriart вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Этот пользователь сказал Спасибо uriart за это полезное сообщение:
Santa (13.01.2012)
Старый 13.01.2012, 15:43 Язык оригинала: Русский       #7
Бывалый

Цитата:
Сообщение от uriart; 1922391 "
Institute of expert who on this site.
That's it, and PR.
Say always cheat, but we do not !
 uriart, No on this website www. arf. su. Institute of expert ... - There is a group of lawyers who specialize in issues of cultural property - Search and other questions on the topic ... thanks to them were found a picture
Цитата:
Сообщение от Artem; 1721301"
paintings found - Aivazovsky (600 thousand dollars ), N. Roerich (600 thousand dollars), Konchalovsky ( $ 200 thousand ). Despite the fact that the owners of paintings all financial matters fully resolved , according to the facts of criminal cases under Article 159 part 4 (fraud in large-scale )

Последний раз редактировалось Artem; 14.01.2012 в 12:35.
Этот пользователь сказал Спасибо Artem за это полезное сообщение:
Барвиха (13.01.2012)
Старый 16.01.2012, 12:58 Язык оригинала: Русский       #8
Бывалый

Поблагодарили 439 раз(а) в 108 сообщениях

Sheer nonsense, someone wants to muddy hands warm affairs.

intart1 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 16.01.2012, 19:39 Язык оригинала: Русский       #9
Бывалый

Поблагодарили 691 раз(а) в 269 сообщениях

Antique market in general it dull.
Interested in the details ...

Тихая Сапа вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Ответ