По умолчанию Sothebys, Russian sales in London

30 Nov 10.
Sothebys.
Russian Paintings.
London

Part 1

Тютчев вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Эти 10 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо Тютчев за это полезное сообщение:
Arthur777 (24.11.2010), I-V (21.11.2010), K-Maler (25.11.2010), lusyvoronova (09.11.2010), max2 (22.11.2010), SAH (08.11.2010), vyadem (08.11.2010), Артём (24.11.2010), Евгений (08.11.2010), Ухтомский (30.11.2010)
Старый 09.11.2010, 13:30 Язык оригинала: Русский       #2
Гуру

Поблагодарили 11,835 раз(а) в 2,947 сообщениях
Записей в дневнике: 8

Russian Paintings

Part 2

Эти 7 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо Тютчев за это полезное сообщение:
Arthur777 (24.11.2010), lusyvoronova (09.11.2010), vasya85 (30.11.2010), vyadem (09.11.2010), Артём (24.11.2010), Евгений (09.11.2010), Ухтомский (30.11.2010)
Старый 21.11.2010, 06:17 Язык оригинала: Русский       #3
Гуру

attraction to the Russian

Joanna Vickery believes that our art is that "dig»

Pre-auction exhibition at Sotheby's in the Historical Museum - something with chemto! And, of course, Joanna Vickery, head of the Russian department auction house Sotheby's, - the rapid, patient.

How much would it neither tortured journalists and critics - each answer with a smile, without a share of sarcasm and conceit. Or just say: I is not know, but maybe you have a suggestion?

So, in the Historical Museum - a representative collection of names - Konstantin Somov, Zinaida Serebryakov, Konstantin Korovin, Alexei Kravchenko, Alexander Yakovlev, Alexey Bogolyubov, Konstantin Juon, Paul Tchelitchew, Mikhail Larionov, Maria Vasilyeva, Boris Grigoriev, Nikolai Roerich, David Burliuk, Yuri Pimenov.

Unknown modernists and the famous marine painter

- The top lots more - authoritatively declares Joe. - This painting by Alexei Bogolyubov and Alexander Yakovlev. The latter, incidentally, during the lifetime of fame in Europe and America. And in Russia, he was not well known - he emigrated after the revolution. Now he works rehabilitated in the market and have become quite demand among our customers. At the exhibition you will see two - painting "Dance of the Cooley-Kut", embodying an episode of a ritual dance in the Southern Sahara, and a giant figure sanguine and charcoal "Tibetan lamas.

The most expensive painting exhibition - "Indian fairy tale" by Alexei Kravchenko (estimated at £ 1-1,5 million) - a landmark work of the artist, which certainly puts Kravchenko on the site of one of the most dramatic romantic and colorists in the history of art of his time.

But the attention of collectors, I am sure will be riveted to the picture of Alexei Bogolyubov written by him in Venice - Basilica of Santa Maria della Salute on the eve of the holiday (it is estimated at £ 400-600 million). For a long time lived in Paris Bogolyubov was the only Russian supporter plein air method of painting the so-called Barbizon School.

It felt elation artist, his joy before the upcoming holiday. And, of course, water.

Alexei Petrovich so finely felt her status as his friend Camille Corot - nature. You see how bright color falls directly on the canvas? In those years it was an innovative step!

Читать дальше... 
- What is the history of this canvas?

- Bogoliubov - naval officer, man of the world, he passed his friendship with Alexander III, who was, incidentally, excellent artistic taste.

The king was collecting paintings hierarchy. Perhaps, the Russian emperor gave his father-in sheet - the king of Denmark, and from his collection of paintings carried over to a collection of the English monarch. In the end, the canvas has got his personal secretary, whose grandson and put the painting up for auction.

Portrait of a modern Tretyakov and Morozov

- What are the paintings are interesting Russian collectors?

- First of all, Russian interests Wanderers. And they are ready to compete in price to the last.

And Russian collectors are always quite closely "watching" on the works of Russian art at the beginning of XX century. Because it is a classic and the most vivid, rich, unpredictable and unexpected formation of Russian art. Several revolutions have opened, and liberated people from certain conventions of life. And this breakthrough was reflected on the canvas by Russian artists of the time.

- What, in your opinion, the Russian spirit in our art?

- I will answer as his understanding of Russian collectors and collectors of all the republics of the former Soviet Union, right? Because they tend to acquire the masterpieces of Russian artists. They feel this is the art of heart and soul. In the first place. It is the art they love. And such an approach can not but arouse respect for the Russian collectors.

- Joe, who they are, Russian collectors of Russian art?

- Of course, today's oligarchs are very active, but there is another layer of new collectors who have a small business, but interest in art and, more importantly, want to buy something for yourself. And for them there are many things available. You can buy paintings, devoted to Russian ballet, the work of little-known Russian artists who emigrated, such as France and worked there in the 20's of last century ... If you dig a well, you know how many there yet, you can open interesting!

Russia still have someone stand!

- In the late 80's at Sotheby's sold well the informal Russian artists, but attention to them quickly exhausted. I wonder whether Sotheby's contemporary art in Russia today?

- So far I can say this: we are carefully considering.

There are interesting authors. I really like the work of photographer Sergei Bratkova. True, he is from Kharkov, but actively exhibited in Moscow, this is where I learned about it. He has an unusual style, its own special look.

Olga Chernyshova is an impressive work in video art. It basically removes that surrounds her home, obtained a very peculiar thing. And I wonder how it will develop further. Contemporary art modern Russia we see as a promising trend that is likely to be in demand in the next generation of collectors.

Among modern painters, I would single out Seeds Faibisovich. He is very strong, a good artist who will surely be a classic Russian paintings. And, of course, Erik Bulatov. He still deserves top marks, although the peak of his creativity came in the eighties of last century.

How to make profit fate

- Joe, why did you decide to link their fate with the art?

- You know it happens, read a book about someone's fate - and wants to rewrite his own fair copy ...

That to me is what happened when I found out about Christina Robinson, a Scottish artist. It is in the XIX century, left for Russia. He painted portraits of the nobility, Nicholas I and his family. This is only for a very strong woman - unknown country, foreign customs. But it was all so exciting! And I made my choice - went to study art in Scotland. Thanks to Kristine changed profession.

- Get a job at Sotheby's, must have been difficult?

- Of course, as Sotheby's in England is very serious, indeed, a prestigious business. And I had heard about it from childhood. We can now say that the work at Sotheby's been my ultimate dream.

Although all I kept repeating: where you are and where Sotheby's? Because my family is not rich - my mother worked in a hospital, his father - an engineer.

I had to try hard and make a lot of effort to make his career. But I did it, and I moved from Edinburgh to London.

- career mean to you lot?

- Yes, I believe, that career is more important than anything else. And not just for women. But for the individual.

It is important to understand that you are respected, appreciated.

- Today, you are constant in their belief?

- Of course, I have a difficult job. Many complexities. Affect the differences between the culture of Russia and England. Of course, when you're twenty, all can be easily, and when 10 years more, then make a career challenge. But every year I become more professional, accumulated knowledge and experience.

For me, career, professionalism are priorities in my life. The plans - to continue living, friendship, love ...

- Does the Sotheby's auctions in Moscow?

- Talking about specific plans too early. And I can not say that we will hold an auction in Moscow in a year or two. Although as professionals and as a person I would be very interesting to organize an auction here. Moscow is moving toward becoming a global center of contemporary art and art business.

In recent years, progress is especially notable. There are many iconic events, exhibitions, world-class. And besides, in Moscow, many affluent and versed in the art collectors, I would even call them patrons. Artistic life in Moscow is seething.

And I'm just skin feel when I come here - there is movement, there are prospects.

Dossier "VM»

Joanna Vickery was born in Edinburgh.

Graduated from the Faculty of Philology University in England in the field: the Russian language, literature and culture and the German language, literature and culture.

Even at the university during the writing of term paper on German Expressionism realized that art attracts her more than literature.

So after graduation, decided to continue studying art in Scotland.

In the auction house Sotheby's has 12 years of age.

http://www.vmdaily.ru/article/108116.html

Эти 5 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо Тютчев за это полезное сообщение:
Arthur777 (24.11.2010), uriart (21.11.2010), Евгений (21.11.2010), Ухтомский (30.11.2010)
Старый 21.11.2010, 18:56 Язык оригинала: Русский       #4
Гуру

Поблагодарили 2,434 раз(а) в 1,198 сообщениях

Цитата:
Сообщение от "Tiutchev Посмотреть сообщение
Bogoliubov - naval officer, man of the world, he passed his friendship with Alexander III

Advertising delirium.
Bogolyubov, 1824 birth, Alexander III - 1845.
And no harm to these sellers to know the person in any rank admitted to the court.

Wladzislaw вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 21.11.2010, 19:17 Язык оригинала: Русский       #5
Гуру

Цитата:
Сообщение от Wladzislaw Посмотреть сообщение
Advertising delirium. Bogolyubov, 1824 birth, Alexander III - 1845. And no harm to these sellers to know the person in any rank admitted to the court.
 Wladzislaw, what do you see the catch? If you have something you do not know or do not understand, this is not a reason to accuse others of lying, incompetence, or stupidity. There is a saying: "with the blame on others." This applies to you.

Старый 21.11.2010, 19:19 Язык оригинала: Русский       #6
Гуру

Поблагодарили 2,364 раз(а) в 550 сообщениях

Цитата:
Сообщение от "Wladzislaw Посмотреть сообщение
And would not harm these sellers know the person in any rank admitted to the court.
Wladzislaw, Bogolyubov was a painter of the Naval Staff.
Would you like to say that he is not admitted to the court?

vyadem вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Эти 2 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо vyadem за это полезное сообщение:
Евгений (21.11.2010), Тютчев (21.11.2010)
Старый 21.11.2010, 19:28 Язык оригинала: Русский       #7
Гуру

Цитата:
Сообщение от Wladzislaw Посмотреть сообщение
Advertising delirium. Bogolyubov, 1824 birth, Alexander III - 1845. And no harm to these sellers to know the person in any rank admitted to the court.

This is also a "promotional nonsense?

Цитата:
Сообщение от Tiutchev Посмотреть сообщение
... Little known work of memoir, AP Bogoliubov, issued a separate publication in St. Petersburg during the life of the author (in 1895), entitled "Memoirs of a Bose pochivshem Alexander III Professor AP Bogolyubov. For the hierarchy was natural to leave the grateful memories of the rulers, he knew Alexander III, Grand Prince and more in their lifetime had special relationships based on interest in art. These memoirs are unique. Of what is said in them about the figure, is Russia the highest state position, it is impossible to find in any modern educational or scientific treatise. The author's memoirs did not set itself the task to reveal all the facets of this personality in his field of vision above all the emperor as a man, in all its manifestations, due, no doubt, his high status. This is understandable, AP Bogolyubov regards the activities of Alexander III, through the prism of his profession, through the prism of past relationships to art. This attitude, by the way, throughout the reign of Alexander III (1881 - 1894) was a positive, constructive. Recall that a "good" to create a museum named after AN Radishchev was given by Alexander III.
That's what Alex P. writes in his book on Alexander III: «I am an old man, my life as a leader and a man comes to an end, but because you live more than memories of the past, strongly feel the loss of those whom he loved sincerely, with full sincere feeling of respect for their intelligence and had useful activity.
Accepted for us in Russia to talk about people who smile happiness that a man "born in the shirt." I keep saying this applied to me, during my long years of life, no imagining, am I right on my merits as an artist and a man considered himself worthy of the position which I occupied in the field of art and society. Of course, without the labor and talent, and without appendages mental, I would not be seen by anybody, but when this natural aid still realize that I have led the Providence of God, and happiness. Such happiness in my life were those unforgettable moments and hours that supportive fate puts me in close and direct communication with our untimely deceased monarch "
Judgments memoirist of multilateral activities of the emperor, related to the sphere of art, based on specific, historically accurate facts. AP Bogolyubov also tells about the intention of Alexander III to create a museum of national art: "He could not see what space there is in his capital, not having such a repository, wherever in the combined form was submitted to our native art ... No doubt, with this thought many of the paintings acquired The Emperor and bearing in mind the name of the future museum. " The museum, as a testament of Alexander III, was founded by his successor, Nicholas II (now a famous Russian museum) ...

Эти 6 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо Тютчев за это полезное сообщение:
Arthur777 (24.11.2010), uriart (21.11.2010), vyadem (21.11.2010), Артём (24.11.2010), Евгений (21.11.2010), Ухтомский (30.11.2010)
Старый 21.11.2010, 19:56 Язык оригинала: Русский       #8
Гуру

Цитата:
Сообщение от vyadem Посмотреть сообщение
Wladzislaw, Bogolyubov was a painter of the Naval Staff. Would you like to say that he is not admitted to the court?
The right to present to the court were the person the first 4 classes and their spouses.

Individuals who do not enjoy the right to be represented to the court, can not be priglashaemy to balls and the other at the Court Meeting, even if it were presented to the highest assent Their Imperial Majesties in private. Such persons could be priglashaemy only by special imperial command each time and therefore represent their Majesties the lists of invitees to the balls are not made.

He just, ordered work.

Posted 6 minutes
Цитата:
Сообщение от Tiutchev Посмотреть сообщение
left grateful memories of the rulers, he knew Alexander III, Grand Prince and more in their lifetime had special relationships based on an interest in art.
Well before it was Bogolyubov private, bowed and said your Imp. Royal Highness /Your Imp. Majesty talked about art. There were dozens of artists.

What a rashlistannaya phrase "drove a friendship with Alexander III"? ... This is from "The Inspector"?

Последний раз редактировалось Wladzislaw; 21.11.2010 в 20:04. Причина: Добавлено сообщение
Этот пользователь сказал Спасибо Wladzislaw за это полезное сообщение:
dedulya37 (21.11.2010)
Старый 21.11.2010, 20:10 Язык оригинала: Русский       #9
Гуру

Поблагодарили 2,364 раз(а) в 550 сообщениях

Wladzislaw, I do not know all the subtleties of court. But here, for example, the example of other painters of the Naval Staff of M. Tkachenko. In his correspondence with Nicholas II, his wife Alexandra told her husband about the death of their dear friend, Michael Tkachenko. I think if he had just ordered a job as Bogolyubov, it would hardly have sounded these words.
So in communication, friendship, hierarchy and Alexander III, it is not surprising.

vyadem вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Эти 3 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо vyadem за это полезное сообщение:
Евгений (21.11.2010), Тютчев (21.11.2010), Ухтомский (30.11.2010)
Старый 21.11.2010, 20:17 Язык оригинала: Русский       #10
Гуру

vyadem,

simple gallantry, no more.

No need to carry over today's perception of life in times past.

Этот пользователь сказал Спасибо Wladzislaw за это полезное сообщение:
Pavel (24.11.2010)
Ответ

Опции темы
Опции просмотра