Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 08.03.2010, 20:16 Язык оригинала: Русский       #9
Местный

Поблагодарили 98 раз(а) в 32 сообщениях

Взят с аукциона только с этим текстом. Они сами не знают что это, закуплено с другими 1800-х годов вещами из Миннесоты, США.
Antique Vintage NOUVEAU DECO RUSSIAN COAT OF ARMS MEDAL
This indeed may be Victorian, we know so very little about it. It is absolutely MAGNIFICANT though in detail and design. It has the Russian Coat of Arms on the top part with a strange sort of 2 pinned clasp that must have either pierced the clothing (much like a hat pin or stick pin) It has St. George riding Left which should date this after mid-1800's. The top section is 1 1/2 inch across by 1 inch tall. Then attached by links is the fantastic cross with a brilliant faceted stone and all the wonderful detail. This part is 2 inches by 2 inches and the the area with the link is about 5/16 inch. May be gold plated, but we see no gold mark, or any mark to help us date this. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help if you know what this may be or can date it, all I can say is that it is EXTREMELY unique, I know the auction it came from was in rural Minnesota with many late 1800's to turn of century items, but so wish I knew more for those who may have an interest in this kind of thing. I rarely put a reserve on an item, but this one seems deserving of one. Mostly, I want it to go to a good home, or museum if warranted, so it can be preserved for the future. Once again, if you can help identify this piece, please email. Thank you so very much

BAGIRA вне форума   Ответить с цитированием