Вернуться   Форум по искусству и инвестициям в искусство > Дневники > Про искусство
 English | Русский Forum ARTinvestment.RU RSS Регистрация Дневники Справка Сообщество Сообщения за день Поиск

Оценить эту запись

The ARTIST is CHRISTINA ROBERTSON (1796-1854)

Запись от Про искусство размещена 02.10.2019 в 07:51

ACADEMIC PAINTING

Scottish artist-портретистка, who worked at the court of Nicholas I @ - a Christina Robertson (1796-1854)

Художник Кристина Робертсон. Портретная живопись.

Portrait of Alexandra Feodorovna 1841.

the first time Robertson arrived in Saint-Петербург in 1839. At first, she painted portraits of the nobility, some of which were reproduced in engravings Henry Robinson, also lived in Russia. In the spring of 1841, Robertson was invited to the court to paint portraits of Nicholas I and his family. In the same year a series of life-size portraits of the Empress Alexandra Feodorovna and her daughters were exhibited in the Academy of arts, and the Robertson was made an honorary free member of the Academy (the second woman — a member of the Academy after Vigee-Лебрен).

Portrait of Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaevna

Graf M. D. Buturlin, describing the artistic life of St. Petersburg wrote:" Госпожа Robertson took almost all the practice from their fellows. The St. Petersburg nobility then became fashionable to write off their overseas portraits of this artist who took them for an unheard of price, for 4000 or even 5000 silver rubles, if the portrait was in the natural growth, in 2000 (as I recall) for the standard and 700 (or so) per head, some shoulders ... British Fashion artist has written, alternately, the entire Royal family in all growth and received about one hundred thousand silver rubles ... in less than six years as all these famous works moved from the Palace hall into the dimly lit corridors, and on g-же Robertson hardly anyone now помнит."

Portrait of Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaevna. 1841.

Buturlin was not quite right in their assessments - watercolor portraits painted Robertson continued to decorate the offices of Alexander II during his entire life. Formal portrait of Alexandra Feodorovna remained posted in the rotunda of the Winter Palace before the Russian revolution, and suffered during the coup.

Portrait of Grand Duchess Maria Alexandrovna

In 1847 Robertson returned to St-Петербург. In January 1849, it was again invited to the Winter Palace to paint portraits of daughters of Nicholas I — Maria Alexandrovna and Alexandra Iosifovna. In February 1850, Robertson announced that Nicholas I" не satisfied" new portraits of and ordered the fix already written. In September 1851 the court was commanded to the Keeper of the Hermitage portraits of F. A. Bruni to return all copies of Robertson without payment.

The Empress Alexandra Feodorovna. 1852г.

At the end of life in poverty, from-за lack of funds could not return to England. The death of Robertson during the Crimean war, when most of the British colony in St. Petersburg, left Russia, went unnoticed. The artist was buried at the Volkov cemetery.

Portrait of Grand Duchess Maria Alexandrovna

After the October revolution, portraits of Robertson, held in private collections, were dispersed to the provincial museums. The State Hermitage has thirteen works of Robertson, of which twelve attributed exactly one — presumably. The seven portraits of the Romanov family, four portraits of the representatives of the family from the collection of the Yusupov Palace, a portrait of Yuri F. Kurakina and, according to E. P. Renne, one of the best works Robertson —" Дети parrot". Who exactly is depicted in this double portrait 1850 — did not know. It is likely that the person Maria Alexandrovna Hermitage portrait was rewritten in the manner of Franz Winterhalter after the death of Robertson. Three portraits, caused in 1850 the displeasure of Nicholas I, stored in the museums of Peterhof.

Children with a parrot. 1850.

Portrait of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna

Portrait of the princesses Olga Nikolaevna and Alexandra Nikolaevna (daughter of Nicholas I). 1840.

Portrait of Grand Duchess Alexandra Nikolaevna

Portrait of Empress Alexandra Feodorovna. 1840-е

Portrait of S. M. Buturlina. 1841.

Portrait Of B. N. Yusupov. 1850.

Portrait of O. I. Орловой-Давыдовой.

Portrait of Empress Maria Alexandrovna. 1850.

Portrait of Princess Zinaida Yusupova. 1840.

http://artklassl3.bibliowiki.ru/articles/hudozhnik...stina-robertson-1796-1854.html

Link to original
Размещено в Без категории
Просмотров 311 Комментарии 0
Всего комментариев 0

Комментарии

Часовой пояс GMT +3, время: 07:49.
Telegram - Обратная связь - Обработка персональных данных - Архив - Вверх