Go Back   Форум по искусству и инвестициям в искусство > Blogs > Евгений
 English | Русский Forum ARTinvestment.RU RSS Register Blogs FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Investing in art.
Blog for collectors, antiquarians and art dealers.
News, interviews, analysis, reports from the world of art business.
Photos on the blog can not transfer the original colors and shades of artistic works
-------------------------------------
LINKS

[/URL]
Christie's (Christie) [URL="http://www.christies.com/" target="_blank">http://www.christies.com/

Dorotheum (Dorotheum) http://www.dorotheum.com/

l'Hotel Drouot (Drouot) http://www.drouot.fr/

Bukowskis (Bukowski) http://www.bukowskis.se/
-------------------------------------------
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Attribution pictures .. Oil on wood, podpis.1829god

Posted 20-03-2010 at 08:53 by Евгений
Updated 27-05-2010 at 19:21 by Евгений

1.22h28sm.Derevo, oil, podpis.1829god.
Part of the inscription on the reverse side of the picture were read.
"Frederick Augustus, King of Saxony
on his last hunt on Dec. 23.
                     1826 "
Author: Mathilde von Hartitzsch (1880-1886) Izbrazhen (center): The Saxon King Friedrich August I (23.12.1750 - 5.05.1827, the King in 1806-1827)

1.Kartina after restavratsii.Restavratsiya paintings held in GosNIIRe in 2005.
2.Kartina before restoration.
3.Nadpisi the painting (the presumed author of picture).
4.Prikleennaya paper.
5.Obratnaya side of the picture.
Many thanks to friends from the forum. (For help in translating the inscriptions on the painting).
Artwork from the personal collection, dated 1829 year.
Imported from Poland after the war in 1946.
Were the loss of the paint layer (the sky and trees 10-15%) in GOSNIIRe (Institute for the restoration of paintings, which are in museums in Russia), restored.
On the reverse side of the painting the inscription in German + old almost decayed, bonded paper (text in German). The painting was also a signature in the lower left corner (read only year 1829).
That course of attribution:
----------------------------------------------
Hello, Eugene!
 .... The inscription read, in principle, possible that I do. A bonded paper note reads badly. Resolution (photo) missing, but it is probably much erased? " Here there was another problem. The fact that all the legends in the so-called staronemetskim or Gothic, but also does not print (which would not be so bad), and handwritten letters. Shape of the letters it is sometimes radically different from the usual Latin. This font is out of use for more than 60 years ago, then he was everywhere substituted for ordinary Latin letters. We chose this script is no longer taught. Read was still a little bit. By the same author in the same inscription mixes Latin with a gothic font. I sent one of his friends in Germany (German intellegentnomu, Professor ..) e-mail with attachment photos and their thoughts on decoding. I think he can help.
 And yet that's what. The caption could read the beginning of "Gemahlt von", which means "written." Next comes the name of who wrote, in fact, it is most important for you. Unfortunately, not yet read. Something like "Malheld von Hartiz ..", but seems to be no such name Malheld. Here is the name von Hartiz, and found it in connection with the Duke of Saxony. And in a note at the end of the first line reads quite clearly "von Sachsen". Well, the process is not yet completed, the work is, the results will tell.
 Regards,
Alexander ..... (Nick on the forum Amateur)
The rest of the discussion in the comments.
------------------------------------------
I continue to investigate now, as there will be new results must write.
I would also appreciate any information on the alleged author, the plot.
Many thanks to forum members (nickname Amateur, K-Maler) for help in the attribution of the painting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1342.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	255.2 KB
ID:	2616   Click image for larger version

Name:	%D0%98%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5%20048.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	2626   Click image for larger version

Name:	Inschrift.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	389.0 KB
ID:	2636   Click image for larger version

Name:	Papierchen02.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	320.2 KB
ID:	2646   Click image for larger version

Name:	3-19-2 Оборотая сторона картины.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	2676  

Posted in , , , ,
Views 5989 Comments 11
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 11

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Alexander, you have helped me very much. Yes, the dog is a sign of the crossed swords (as in Meissen (Saxony is), I initially could not understand why you need this sign, now everything falls into place (t.k.v text there is a link with Saxony), will engage in research in this direction. Perhaps the painting depicts King August of Saxony, or who is around him.
    I think all turn out with the translation and the history of painting, I will wait for a response from your German friend.
    Thank you very much.
    Eugene.
  2. Old Comment
    Amateur: "With great difficulty making their way through the actual characters old German Gothic handwriting script still seems to have
    decipher the name of the author's paintings. Inscription (see third picture EA) states: "Gemahlt von Mathilde von Hartitzsch", that should mean "Written by Mathilde von Hartittssh. First, it is written with a mistake: by modern standards Language was laid to write "Gemalt", as it turned out not to "write", and "is ground (as grinding flour). But "the noble people" do not always know how to write correctly in their native language, even Frederick the Great wrote in German, with gross errors, preferring to speak and write in French. And it is possible that in the old rules of language were different. Secondly, the name Mathilde von Hartitzsch repeated in the inscription on the glued piece of paper (see second picture). About born von Hartitzsch there is an article in Vikpedii, by the way, there are several spellings of the names: Hartitzsche, Hartitz, Hartic. About itself Matilda also has something on the Internet. She was born in 1800, and
    died in 1886. In 1831 she married Count Hermann zur Lippe-Weissenfeld and changed its name. About what she drew, I could not find the data, but then in the education of every "noble maiden" to teach drawing.

On a piece of paper stuck in the first line above could make out the word "von Sachsen", ie "Saxon" (see third picture). It turned out that one of the ancestors (grandfather?) Artist, namely, Georg Adolf III von Hartitzsch (1708-1777) was head of the Chamber (Landkammerrat) Elector of Saxony, and other ancestors, too, served Saxon Elector, ie relationship with Saxony available. Read the entire piece of paper has not yet happened, but my German friend, about which I to you, Eugene, writing, and who probably could do it, still silent, most likely, he is on vacation. Here are the results so far. "
    -------------------------------------------------- ------
    Alexander once again many thanks to you, you are an expert born ..
  3. Old Comment
    Amateur (a discussion forum, under examination): By the way, about the tree. It depends on storage conditions and the species of wood, and paintings still try not to keep the street in the rain ... I have a picture in the collection in 1832 on a wooden basis - keeping the same as that of Eugene. A winter landscape is the beginning of XX century on the plywood - Save the back side as after a fire. And paint survived surprisingly well, we can say is ideal, although they were initially terrified zasizheny flies: I think that was hanging in the kitchen or dining room. Wood furniture in XVIII - XIX centuries, perfectly preserved, even in places where there is no painting: You can verify this, go into any palace in the suburbs of St. Petersburg, and look in the catalogs to sell antique furniture can be. Boards Durer still remain, and how many tens of thousands of impressions from them was made during the time from the XVI to XX century ... Yes, and more can be done.
  4. Old Comment
    Amateur (from a personal letter ):".. received a reply from the German. Authoring with Mathilde von Hartitzsch he fully agrees. But to read the inscriptions on paper it would take time. As he says, gothic cursive and It is difficult, especially because in the old days it was attended not only the individual letters, but also special signs for some letter combinations (the same as in ancient Egyptian literature, but seems to be in the ancient Russian language is it). And besides himself text remained poorly. He intends to apply the same to his friend, who directs an orchestra of antique stringed instruments, and who often reads manuscripts and works of musicians in the original ...."
    --------------------------------------
    Alexander once again thank you very much.
  5. Old Comment
    Pyshnovskaya Zinaida (There are interesting articles for attribution)
      PYSHNOVSKAYA Zinaida S.
      Scientific degree
    Candidate Art
    Specialization
    ART GERMANY twentieth century ...
    http://www.ais-aica.ru/persons/p/pyshnovskay.html
    http://www.ais-aica.ru/arhiv/2009/ais/27.02.htm
    -------------------------------------------------- ------
    Association of Art (AIS)
    http://www.ais-aica.ru/arhiv/2009/mo...hivmoskow.html
  6. Old Comment
    Dear Eugene!
      Together with the German effort, it seems, turned out to decipher the first part of the note on your picture.
    Читать дальше... 
    This part is shown in the picture number 1, but that managed to decipher - the picture number 2-Z,
      In short, the Saxon King Friedrich August I (23.12.1750 - 5.05.1827, king in 1806-1827) on hunting.
    Here, the probability of an adequate interpretation of not less than 90%. King, apparently, is depicted in the center, although obviously unroyal clothes. I think that there are some similarities between persons of the central figures in your painting, and portraits of King (see picture number 3-K).

This hunting, if the date 23.Dec deciphered correctly, was held on his birthday in 1826. But there is doubt. At the very picture of the trees depicted with lush, green, and not even yellowed foliage, and in late December in Germany leaves from the trees was almost completely fall.
      That we with the Germans tried yet read themselves. That gentleman who supposedly well-read Kurrentschrift, somewhere on tour with the orchestra, and while it failed to engage.
      Regards,
    Alexander
    ---------------------------------------------
    Alexander thanks. (EA)
  7. Old Comment
    Amateur: Just came good idea: the beginning of the second line obviously could mean "Auf der letzten Jagd" - "the last hunt, have in mind at the last in his (King's) life, for he died on 5 May next year.

Literally reads "??? Der? Etzten Jagd".
    --------------------------------------------------
    I agree with you. (EA)
  8. Old Comment
    Amateur: "although clearly unroyal clothes"

Alexander, a hunting cap a cut already met in the paintings on the Prussian nobility, so that everything is normal. (EA)
  9. Old Comment
    Frederick Augustus, King of Saxony

http://images.google.ru/imgres?imgur... newwindow = 1
    Alexander, like a hunter in the center .. nose, bearing one to one.
  10. Old Comment
    Amateur: Eugene, I sent you apart from the idea expressed in a letter to "catch up", the German. In principle, he agrees, but believes it more likely a variant of the second line: "auf seiner letzten Jagd den 23. Dec?? 1826", ie at their last hunt on Dec. 23, 1826 " I agree. So, the first part of the final note can be read as:

"Friedrich August, King of Saxony
    on his last hunt on Dec. 23.
                          1826 "

Strong, clear, was an old man: in 76 years, quite cheerfully sat on the horse, and even hunted. And the life he was clearly not a simple, solid jitters in his declining years: all the wars and war, and Napoleon had to play up, and to Prussia, and to the Congress of Vienna. So there can be added, as the experts write: "The painting has undeniable historical significance."
    -------------------------------------------------- --------
    Alexander, thank you. (EA)
  11. Old Comment
    Letter from Amateur 12.08.09.
    Dear Eugene!
      Received another letter from the German. He found something about this hunt on the Internet. She really took place in the woods Vermsdorfskom (Wermsdorder Wald) in 1826, and in fact was the last hunt of King Frederick Augustus I of Saxony. And as his heir, King Anton, was not interested in hunting, it was generally the last hunt, held in these places. Data on the month in which the hunt took place, have been found. But it could well take place in the King's birthday on December 23: I had to something to entertain guests. During the hunt the King still managed to get a deer, though it cost him great effort, because he was already very old. As the green leaves on the trees, the German says that with a very warm autumn (and in a note on the painting refers to the rainy weather), the green leaves may be partially maintained in the December woods in Saxony (he is not from Saxony, and from Franconia, t . is, in the north of Bavaria), although such a magnificent piece of trees, most likely, a fantasy artist, painted from memory three years later.
      By the way, hunting castle Wermsdorf (Wermsdorfer Schloss) received during the existence of many distinguished guests, particularly from 7 to 11 October 1710 there was a guest and hunting in the woods Vermsdorfskom Tsarevich Alexei, the son of Peter I.
      I regret to say that our joint efforts to amateur decoding the second part of the note had the slightly (see pictures 1 and 2). Apparently, during the hunting Mathilde von Hortittssh met King (intentionally or accidentally - is unclear), who briefly spoke with her, paying attention to the fact that she got wet in the rain.
      I'm not sure that we will continue to make good progress in decoding. The second part of the note written more unintelligible than the first, and, moreover, survived much worse: many fragments of letters, and even the letters themselves have been lost.
      Regards,
    Alexander
    -------------------------------------------------
    Alexander thank you and the Germans .. much clearer with the plot.
    Sincerely Yevgeny.