Вернуться   Форум по искусству и инвестициям в искусство > Дневники > Про искусство
 English | Русский Forum ARTinvestment.RU RSS Регистрация Дневники Справка Сообщество Сообщения за день Поиск

Оценить эту запись

ON THE LIFE OF MSTISLAV ROSTROPOVICH AND GALINA VISHNEVSKAYA

Запись от Про искусство размещена 24.01.2019 в 12:25

Forced emigration of Mstislav Rostropovich: Why famous musician was deprived of his Soviet citizenship

11 years ago, on 27 April 2007 was an outstanding cellist, pianist and conductor Mstislav Rostropovich. His last days were spent in Moscow, and until 1991, was forced to spend 17 years in exile. His career abroad has developed very successfully: he was awarded an honorary doctor of more than 50 universities in different countries of the world, received state awards of 29 countries. And at home for a long time have been undeservedly forgotten: it forcibly deprived of Soviet citizenship. Only after the collapse of the USSR, he was able to come back and tell you about the reasons for his exile.

Мстислав Ростропович. Москва, 1964 | Фото: aif.ru

Mstislav Rostropovich. Moscow, 1964 | Photo: aif.EN

Mstislav Rostropovich was born into a family of musicians, his father was a famous cellist, and from an early age, his path was predetermined. Mstislav played music with 4-х years, and at 16 became a student of the Moscow Conservatory. 2 years later he won the national competition for young musicians and was first famous as a cellist. During his career, Rostropovich performed virtually the entire repertoire of cello music. Moreover, almost 60 composers have created new works especially for him.

Галина Вишневская и Мстислав Ростропович | Фото: rewizor.ru

Galina Vishnevskaya and Mstislav Rostropovich | Photo: rewizor.EN

Музыкант с супругой, певицей Галиной Вишневской | Фото: chaskor.ru

the Musician with his wife, singer Galina Vishnevskaya | Photo: chaskor.EN

In the late 1960-х. started a conflict with the authorities – he openly supported the dissidents and defended the disgraced writer Alexander Solzhenitsyn, giving him his dacha near Moscow. Solzhenitsyn recognized:" "t remember who in my life made a greater gift than Rostropovich this shelter". In 1970, the musician and his wife, Opera singer Galina Vishnevskaya, have written an open letter to Brezhnev and to the editors of the Central Soviet Newspapers in defense of the writer. The consequences were predictable: many hours of searches at customs after returning cellist with the foreign tour, the cancellation of concerts, recordings, devastating articles in the press, the dismissal of the Moscow Philharmonic. In 1974, Mstislav Rostropovich was forced to leave the USSR" за anti-Patriotic activities". His wife followed him. 4 years later they were deprived of Soviet citizenship. This decree was repealed only after 15 years.

Галина Вишневская и Мстислав Ростропович с детьми | Фото: chaskor.ru

Galina Vishnevskaya and Mstislav Rostropovich with children | Photo: chaskor.EN

Музыкант с супругой, певицей Галиной Вишневской | Фото: chaskor.ru

the Musician with his wife, singer Galina Vishnevskaya | Photo: chaskor.EN

the Musician does not imply that his exile would last so long and turn into exile. He later confessed:" Exactly Galina, her spiritual strength I owe the fact that we left the Soviet Union when I have no strength left to fight and I slowly began to fade away, coming close to a tragic ending. If you knew how I cried before I left. Galya was sleeping quietly, and every night I got up and walked to the kitchen. And cried like a baby because I didn"t want to leave!".

Великий музыкант и дирижер мирового масштаба | Фото: fb.ru

a Great musician and conductor of a world scale | Photo: fb.EN

the Daughter of Mstislav Rostropovich and Galina Vishnevskaya said:" Thought parents tour a year or two. So then it was assumed. And said goodbye to his homeland for many years. Parents were deprived of their citizenship, when they were abroad, and did not let ago". Then they have turned away from many friends – the home of Rostropovich considered a traitor. One day his assistant, which musician helped to become Professor at the Conservatory, announced that he did not want to talk to him. And later found out that many friends of his entourage systematically wrote on it denunciations, including the assistant.

Галина Вишневская и Мстислав Ростропович | Фото: fakty.ua

Galina Vishnevskaya and Mstislav Rostropovich | Photo: fakty.ua

In the West the musicians were very much in demand: Galina Vishnevskaya became one of the first Soviet Opera singers who have achieved recognition abroad, and Mstislav Rostropovich from 1977 to 1994 he was artistic Director of the National orchestra in Washington, speaking on the stages of the best Philharmonic halls and concert halls in the world.

Выдающийся виолончелист, пианист и дирижер Мстислав Ростропович | Фото: epitafii.ru

an Outstanding cellist, pianist and conductor Mstislav Rostropovich | Photo: epitafii.EN

for the First time after long years of exile, Rostropovich was able to come to Russia in 1990 when he was invited to perform in Moscow with the Washington Symphony orchestra. Galina Vishnevskaya was initially reluctant to go along with it – the offense, the state was still strong. Press-конференции in France, the singer said:" In the USSR is not run by laws, and the people that control these laws. I do not recognize the power of these people! Nobody has the right to deprive me of my homeland". But after daughter Olga volunteered to accompany him, the wife also agreed. And after the collapse of the Soviet Union, they returned to Russia, although occasionally lived in France.

In 2007, Mstislav Rostropovich died after a long illness – he was diagnosed with a malignant tumor of the liver. After his father"s death, his daughter Olga is also moved to Russia to be with the mother, and to realize your dream musician to organize a music festival. Since then, Moscow has annually hosted the international festival named after Mstislav Rostropovich, which opened on the day of his birth – 27 Mar. In 2012, he left the life of Galina Vishnevskaya, but the daughter continued the work of parents: Olga is engaged in Fund of support of young musicians and Opera center, and Elena – charity medical center Вишневской-Ростроповича.

Галина Вишневская и Мстислав Ростропович | Фото: crimea.kp.ru

Galina Vishnevskaya and Mstislav Rostropovich | Photo: crimea.kp.EN

the Western press wrote about it:" Ironic, passionate, exquisite, expansive -- a great musician like the force of nature... the Music in his hands becomes a moral force, whether it"s Sixth Symphony by Tchaikovsky or Shostakovich"s Tenth... Rostropovich – the brilliant cellist and a musician of depth-дирижер – creates this art, which he believes in религию...". In 2002" The Times" call him" величайшим living musicians". Music really was his religion and the true meaning of life." Music is healing. Music lights the torch of goodness and could reorganize, to improve the world" – said Rostropovich.

Галина Вишневская и Мстислав Ростропович | Фото: crimea.kp.ru

Galina Vishnevskaya and Mstislav Rostropovich | Photo: crimea.kp.EN

More than 50 years next to him were his wife, whom he adored,. Mstislav Rostropovich and Galina Vishnevskaya: love at first sight and for life.
Source: https://kulturologia.EN/blogs/270418/38749/

Link to original
Размещено в Без категории
Просмотров 544 Комментарии 0
Всего комментариев 0

Комментарии

Часовой пояс GMT +3, время: 05:43.
Telegram - Обратная связь - Обработка персональных данных - Архив - Вверх