Вернуться   Форум по искусству и инвестициям в искусство > Дневники > Винтажные и старинные предметы интерьера..
 English | Русский Forum ARTinvestment.RU RSS Регистрация Дневники Справка Сообщество Сообщения за день Поиск

Винтажные и старинные предметы интерьера..
Оценить эту запись

Yuri Traysmana from non-conformists to Pavlik Morozov

Запись от Евгений размещена 13.09.2012 в 20:12
Обновил(-а) Евгений 31.12.2012 в 06:16

Interview with Yuri Traysmanom
  The correspondent of the publication "Your Leisure" interviews a famous collector of Russian-Soviet porcelain Yuri Traysmana ...
The Museum presents a unique personal collections Soviet porcelain. (October 2009), "WA" learned from its owner as snack figurines become museum masterpieces.
You are going to seriously pattern of non-conformists. And suddenly - porcelain figurines, vases ... you seriously think of Soviet porcelain, or for you is kind of fun, frivolous hobbies?
It's very serious. My heart and soul are totally immersed in this epic. I consider my hobby of Russian porcelain is not a hobby (such words have never been in my vocabulary), but as part of the work. I work with this material, study literature, to attract the best professionals to describe the collection.

And your business colleagues or the community of collectors do not grin, saying that "sat on his grandmother's gifts»?
Absolutely not. One of my close friends has collection of paintings so-called "Paris School" of the early twentieth century - Modigliani, Soutine, Chagall ... This, as you know, aerobatics. But he studied the same auction catalog "Sotheby's" and
"Christie," I have been studying. The last five years the Russian and Soviet porcelain sold on par with most high-end paintings.
Can you give an example?
Please: figurine artist Natalia Danko "Nijinsky" was sold for $ 700 thousand. I even know who bought it, but I will not reveal the secret of the auction. Did you feel the price level? Many of the revolutionary artists are sold at $ 20 million or even $ 50 thousand each.

Personally, I'm fascinated by these figurines not price. They evoke a special sense of nostalgia - in Soviet homes and apartments are dancers were almost no in every cupboard.
Certainly, from nostalgia and poetry can not escape. I have a figure of "Indira Gandhi and pioneers." I remember when I was a pioneer in the USSR visited Indira Gandhi and we all drove to welcome her to the Ryazan highway. Or the clothing of characters figurines "Telephone" by sculptor Malysheva - my father had the exact same Ratinova coat exactly the same rubber-soled shoes. This is the part of my biography.
I want to ask you a question, I'm sure, especially waiting readers. Many porcelain figurines are stored from the Soviet era. How to determine if you are a masterpiece for those same thousands of dollars, or it kopek consumer goods?
First, it is necessary to delve into the boxes, which have long been opened. The oldest figurines during moving normally and are unpacked. Secondly, we must look at the bottom, to make sure that they are Russian (west china - that is another story), and pay special attention to the factory mark. Next to make the catalogs and books, and you can find information about artists, and on similar things. That is, in the end you still have to be a researcher. If you are lucky and find themselves in an album or a vase figure similar to the one that you have, consider half the way. But then you still have to turn to the experts and connoisseurs.

You mentioned the world auction "Sotheby's" and "Christie" that sell expensive items. You are basically buying it?
Not only that. I buy at auctions and in the Nordic countries - from catalogs. In addition, I was fortunate to get a great collection of ready-made. One well-known dancer from Russia, who lived in New York, I bought the collection, which he purchased from the turn of the famous married couple Mironova and Menaker. Wonderful things - "Election," "Chuck and Huck" ... I bought part of the collection at a Moscow lawyer. Large block of things found in London in the antique dealer. Very different ways of gathering.

Often, people who collect some small items that share the same theme or plot. A friend of mine bought statues of Pushkin. Do you have any criteria? How do you decide what your that - no?
Several criteria. The most important - social component. I do not collect bunnies, giraffes ... (those who collect Animals, among others, the majority). I'm looking for pioneers, Komsomol, Pavlik Morozov ... Figures that reflect the style and era. In addition, I have already developed a good taste for painting, I look at the quality of the painting. I really important things, created by renowned artists.

You have come to china through works of non-conformists. In the 1990s, staged at the Tretyakov Gallery exhibition "Forbidden Art". I think it is very significant for our country: first, we appreciated the informal art, and now switched to the Soviet. We all drift back?
I can not speak for the whole country. I think, in this case, one balances the other. Informal, non-conformist art has become a classic - the main things were done in the 60's. Many works are in museums, they have become rarities and status. Realism for the time remained in the shadows. And yet, many established academics were great masters and, in addition to custom-made paintings, created a very good painting. And today their work is also turned into a classic. And on those, and the others were in great demand on the international antiques market.

How did you started collecting art? What was the impetus?
Non-conformism was the third of my collection. Prior to his departure from the country, I worked in the Moscow diocese restorer and gathered a very nice collection of icons. But it did not take. Came to America, I was interested in contemporary American art. Met and became friends with the owners of one of the galleries that have helped me build a remarkable collection: I had and Jasper Johns, and Andy Warhol, and Louise Nevelson, and many other founders of the kings of pop art. One day, I sold all the congregation to "Sotheby's". And would buy Russian Art: friends with Ernst Neizvestny and Mikhail Shemyakin, who bought and the first works. Thread stretched out to a Parisian circle of Israeli artists.

The Soviet porcelain - the fourth and final collection?
Linked with it a story. When I arranged the exhibition "Forbidden Art" in St. Petersburg, my friend and a wonderful Russian museum curator Alexander Borovsky told me to bring the exhibit "something purely Soviet." It so happened that we were in a party of collectors, collecting art is very different. They have my attention on a porcelain figurine of a piano - mom, makes fun of his daughter oktyabryatskuyu star. I figure so much that I could not shake it off. What Bohr said, "Here's what you should buy. This still has not been collected. " A few days in St. Petersburg, I bought two dozen figures. I was moved by the simplicity and elegance of these items.

Do you live in America. Foreigners are able to survive the same admiration?
Pre-show in Moscow, I had exposure to Hilvudskom Museum in Washington. Dozens of people willing to share emotions: It is reported that they have almost the same statuettes, vases, plates. Everyone who comes to visit me, to delight consider all that is on the shelves and tables.

What is your circle of friends in America?
In the States, I live more than 30 years. My first friends were just Americans - it was a little of Russian immigrants. My father and I started our business, and we have worked only Americans. Then, begin to appear more intelligent immigrants from Russia, my interest switched to the Russian social circle.

So you do not dissociate themselves from American culture?
On the contrary, my sons were born in America, and for them this homeland. While at home, we all speak in Russian, they speak to each other in English.

In Moscow, feel like a tourist or someone?
I feel like a Muscovite, and even more "his" than many of the local inhabitants. Hint drivers what lane to drive, to avoid traffic jams.

In your detached view, as Moscow has changed its culture?
She changed a lot. Very Americanized. But at the same time, a lot of negative things about the gallery and the art business. There was a mass of collectors, a poor judge of what they collect. They "vparivayut" names - and these are the names of the blue. Gone are the criteria and internal censorship. Today any artist can print a catalog, and giving money to hold an exhibition in any museum. By the way, my show - it is not commercial. I was invited curators Pushkin Museum, for which I am very grateful.

The director of the Pushkin Museum Irina Antonova has hinted that she would like to see your collection in permanent storage at the museum. You are thinking about the fate of the collection?
I would like to make a separate museum of Russian art, which would be my collections and paintings and porcelain.
Миниатюры
Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: f3745ef602162dd10a781cbd3a701ac2.jpg
Просмотров: 0
Размер:	414.4 Кб
ID:	26162  
Просмотров 1711 Комментарии 0
Всего комментариев 0

Комментарии

Часовой пояс GMT +3, время: 03:59.
Telegram - Обратная связь - Обработка персональных данных - Архив - Вверх