Вернуться   Форум по искусству и инвестициям в искусство > Дневники > Про искусство

Оценить эту запись

Church San-Маурицио: "Sistine chapel" of Milan

Запись от Про искусство размещена 14.05.2020 в 14:03

The Church of San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore in Milan, according to local residents ranked second in the city. Inside the Church is completely covered with magnificent precious frescoes created by masters of the Lombard painting of the early 16th century, headed by Bernardino Luini - pupil and imitator of Leonardo da Vinci. Many of his works in the past was attributed to Leonardo. Luini, pet of the aristocracy of those times, created a significant part of the paintings in this Church, and it was from-за these masterpieces its rightly called the" Sistine chapel" of Milan.

the Current building of the Church of San-Маурицио was built in 1503 by the architect Gian Giacomo Dolcebuono and Giovanni Antonio Amadeo in the reconstruction of the entire monastery complex. Benedictine convent existed since the 8th century, in turn, erected on the ruins of the Roman amphitheatre.
Externally, the Church, with a nondescript grey facade, the ordinary kind and does not attract attention. But inner wealth makes everyone crossed the threshold of the Church to tremble from rapture.

the Main feature of the space of this Church — is the division into two parts: the front hall is separated from the larger rear wall without a doorway. The reason for this unusual structure in that the Church belonged to the monastery, where the nuns lived in seclusion. The front room was intended for all believers, and the rear — solely for the nuns, who were strictly forbidden to go beyond the separation wall; to participate in worship they could only through the barred window in the arch over the altar. Later, at the direction of Archbishop Carlo Borromeo, a small window is made even smaller, to make the monastic rules are even more strict.

the Separation wall in the Main entrance hall are decorated with paintings of Bernardino Luini. Master some depicted the images of saints, introduced the family members of Bentivoglio, which subsidized the work and gave him the opportunity to decorate the painting the whole Church. Incidentally, the four daughters of the house of Bentivoglio became nuns in San-Маурицио, one of them — Alessandra — even became the abbess. Painting Luini frame the main altar above masterpiece mural" Поклонение of the Magi" (1578) Antonio Campi.

the Front of the front hall contains numerous chapels, some noble families of Milan. Their walls and ceilings adorned with frescoes on the theme of the lives of the saints Maurycy, Catherine and Agatha, and other biblical stories, This series of paintings was created by Bernardino Luini and his sons: Giovan Pietro Evangelista and Aurelio and Paolo Lomazzo, Ottavio Semino, Callisto Piazza. Here also debuted Venetian painter Simone petertsano, a pupil of Titian and a future teacher of Caravaggio.

Bernardino Luini. Chapel" the History of St. Catherine of Alexandria" (1530).
Painted this chapel ordered the notary Francesco Besozzi. Wall murals are one of the last works by Bernardino Luini, is dedicated to Catherine of Alexandria, martyred in Egypt in 305 g. the artist"s Work caused much criticism from the Church. In the scene of the beheading of Catherine the guise of the Holy depicts Bianca Maria Scaparone, better known as the Countess of Challant, who was accused of murdering her lover and executed in 1526 in the Sforza castle.

Natarius Francesco Besozzi , uncle Hippolyta Sportskog to the left, kneeling with St. Catherine holding her hand on the shoulder.

In St. Catherine , wrapped in luxurious gold-encrusted identified the picture of the old Countess of Challant, who was beheaded in the Sforza castle.

Ottavio Semino. The chapel of St. Paul (1571). (custom Fiorenza).

Callisto Piazza. The chapel of the descent from the cross. (1555). (In memory of Bishop Simonetta)

Evangelista Luini along with Biagio and Giuseppe Arcimboldi. The Chapel Of St. Giovanni Batista. (1545).(custom Caretta).

Evangelista Luini. The Chapel Of St. Stephen.(1550). (custom Caretta).

Aurelio Luini and Giovan Pietro Luini. Chapel of the Resurrection (1555) (By order of the Countess Bergamini)

Simone petertsano. Murals.

No less impressive is the interior of the Hall of the nuns with the cycle of paintings by Bernardino Luini and his sons.

Aurelio Luini. The history of Noah"s ark and Adam and eve. (1556).

Giovan Pietro Luini. The descent from the cross. (The second half of the 16th century)

Giovan Pietro Luini. Capture. (The second half of the 16th century)

Giovan Pietro Luini. The last supper. (Second half of 16th century) Here markedly influence the namesake of a famous painting by Leonardo da Vinci in the Church of San Grazia in Milan.

the oldest fresco of the Hall of the Nuns - one that covers the arch of the arches of the pier, leaning against the bulkhead of the Church, over which was going pevchie. Arch decorated with a midnight blue background dotted with gold stars depicting the four evangelists, angels-музыканты, and in the center - locket with the blessed of the Eternal Father. The work of the fifteenth century attributed to the workshop of Vincenzo Foppa.

Hall of the Nuns in the lower part of the partition wall decorated in the second decade of the sixteenth century, Bernardino Luini, by order of the family Bentivoglio a large cycle of frescoes dedicated to the Passion of Christ. Starts with the episode" the Prayer of Christ in the garden" , which also includes the sleeping disciples.

Bernardino Luini. Christ"s prayer in the garden.

Bernardino Luini. Pilate dressed in a gorgeous Royal clothes, points to Christ mocked by soldiers with grotesque expressions.

Bernardino Luini. The ascent to Calvary.

Bernardino Luini. The descent from the cross. In this scene, the character on the right, with the precious garment embroidered with gold, guess the member of the family of Bentivoglio.

Bernardino Luini. The Burial Of Christ. Nun (probably the Abbot of Alessandra"s family Montevallo) assists in burial of Christ. Mural reduced in the nineteenth century, by building a door.

Bernardino Luini. Resurrection. Cycle ends with the Resurrection with a triumphant Christ in the lunette and frightened soldiers down,

a Special attraction is an ancient monastic hall organ, made in 1554 by the famous master Giovan Giacomo Antegnati and reached our days almost unchanged. This is another treasure of the Church of San Maurizio. Every Sunday from October to June in the Church is Sunday mass according to the canons of the Byzantine Empire to organ music.

Link to original
Размещено в Без категории
Просмотров 20 Комментарии 0
Всего комментариев 0



Часовой пояс GMT +3, время: 22:52.
Telegram - Instagram - Facebook - Обратная связь - Обработка персональных данных - Архив - Вверх

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Перевод: zCarot