Вернуться   Форум по искусству и инвестициям в искусство > Дневники > Про искусство

Оценить эту запись

Two muses of the same romance

Запись от Про искусство размещена 02.06.2016 в 16:47

Two muses of the same song: who inspired Pushkin and Glinka on the creation of a masterpiece," I remember a wonderful moment"

20 may (June 1) 1804 was born the founder of Russian classical music who created the first national Opera – Mikhail Glinka. One of the most famous of his works, in addition to operas and symphonic pieces, is the song" I remember a wonderful moment", on verses by A. Pushkin. And the amazing part is that and poet, and the composer was inspired by the women between them had more in common than one name for two.

Left – I., Yanenko. Portrait of Mikhail Glinka, 1840-е. Right – Portrait of M. Glinka, 1837

what Glinka wrote the song based on poems by Pushkin, is actually very symbolic. Critic V. Stasov wrote:" has Glinka in Russian music the same value as Pushkin in Russian poetry. Both great talents, both founders of the new Russian art, both deeply national and draw their great strength directly from indigenous elements of his people, both created a new Russian language – one in poetry, another in music." On poems by Pushkin, Glinka wrote 10 songs. Many researchers attribute this to not only by personal acquaintance and enthusiasm for the work of the poet, but also a similar disposition of two geniuses.

Left – Anna Kern. The Figure Of Alexander Pushkin, 1829. Right – Alexander Pushkin and Anna Kern. Picture of Nadia Rusheva

Poem" I remember a wonderful moment" Pushkin dedicated to Anna Petrovna Kern, the first meeting of which was held in 1819, and in 1825 the acquaintance was renewed. After years feelings for the girl broke out with renewed vigor. So appeared the famous line:" I remember a wonderful moment: Before me you appeared, Like a fleeting vision, As the genius of pure beauty".

Left – O. Kiprensky. Portrait Of Alexander Pushkin, 1827. Right – Unknown artist. Portrait of A. P. Kern

After almost 15 years was another landmark meeting with composer Mikhail Glinka became acquainted with the daughter of Anna Kern, Catherine. Later in the letter he said:" It was bad, even something of suffering was reflected on her pale face, her bright expressive eyes, unusually slender figure and a special kind of beauty and dignity... more and more I was attracted to... I found a way to talk to this cute girl... Soon my senses were completely withdrawn Miley E. K., and visits with her became more gratifying. To me, it was disgusting at home, but how much life and enjoyment on the other hand: fiery poetic feelings to E. K., which she quite understood and shared".

I. Repin. Portrait of the composer Mikhail Glinka, 1887

Left – A. Arefiev-Богаев. Alleged portrait of Anna Kern, 1840-е. Right – Unknown artist. Portrait of the daughter of Anna Kern, Ekaterina Ermolaevna

Later Anna Petrovna Kern wrote memoirs about this time:" Glinka was unhappy. Family life soon bored him; sadder still, he sought consolation in music and its marvellous inspirations. A hard time suffering has been replaced sometimes the love of one person close to me, and Glinka brought to life again. He visited me almost every day again; put my piano immediately and wrote the music for 12 songs of the Puppeteer, his friend".

Left: M. Glinka. Photo By S. Levitsky, 1856. To the right of the figure with a photo Levitsky

Glinka had intended to divorce his wife, caught cheating, and leave with Catherine Kern abroad combines secret marriage, but these plans were never realized. The girl was sick with tuberculosis, and he and his mother decided to go to the South, in the Ukrainian estate. Glinka"s mother was strongly against the fact that he accompanied them and had cast their lot with Catherine, so she did everything possible to ensure that the composer took leave of her.

a Memorial stone with Pushkin"s line" I remember a wonderful moment" in Riga

Monument to Mikhail Glinka on the Theatre square near the Mariinsky theatre in С.-Петербурге

Glinka the rest of his days he lived a bachelor. Catherine Kern for a long time did not lose hope to meet again, but Glinka in Ukraine and has not arrived. At age 36, she married and gave birth to a son, who later wrote," She recalled Mikhail Ivanovich constantly and always with a deep sad feeling. Obviously, she loved him to the end of his life". And the song" I remember a wonderful moment" entered the history of Russian music...

Link to original
Размещено в Без категории
Просмотров 1253 Комментарии 0
Всего комментариев 0

Комментарии

Часовой пояс GMT +3, время: 05:01.
Telegram - Обратная связь - Обработка персональных данных - Архив - Вверх