Вернуться   Форум по искусству и инвестициям в искусство > English forum > Art Kaleidoscope

Art Kaleidoscope Interesting and relevant information about art. Discuss general art issues and any topics not covered in other forums. It’s only about art — love, politics, sports, hobbies etc. are discussed in “Chatter”.

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 07.01.2009, 21:04 Язык оригинала: Русский       #1
Гуру

Поблагодарили 38,258 раз(а) в 5,446 сообщениях
По умолчанию The twelve labors of Hercules

Let us remember Hercules - still the most popular of all Greek heroes - and illustrate its achievements images on Greek pottery. This is my little response beloved Australian Alexander - artisans who produce these amphorae, Cilicia and vyakie prochile Lekythos and hydro, also did not believe that came out of the thigh of Jupiter, we can ask how they generally felt by artists in the modern, or rather, romantic sense of the word. But to look at these things, to assure that it is high art.
To illustrate the 12-and exploits, as you know, you need to post 12 pictures. But since each message can be pomestit10 images, I chose 8 more pictures, just for beauty.

The son of Zeus and a mortal Alcmene, he lived happily in a forest Kiferona, but jealous and spiteful goddess Hera, zevsova the wife, could not forget about the infidelity of her husband (although, frankly, have long had to get used to) and send down to our hero terrible misfortune - he lost his mind and killed their children.
Delphic oracle, to whom he addressed, to learn how to atone for his preldstuplenie, ordered him to settle in Tiryns, 12 years to serve Eurystheus and perform feats of 10 (but as you will see, Hercules exceeded the plan, perform 12 labors!), After which he will immortal.

Читать дальше... 
The feat of the first: Nemean lion
Surrounded by a crowd of courtiers, Eurystheus arrogantly took Heracles. "Oath of Zeus, - he said - I handed authority over Argolida. Each serves me, they can. Gods have given thee strength, thou shalt serve me by force. In our world there is a glorious temple of Zeus at Nemee. But in recent years, pilgrims have already do not go to him with the same zeal. They are frightened by the monstrous lion have selected a seat of the Nemean grove. I order you to clean from this intruder ground Nemei. izvedesh How are you this monster - of your business. But know that the sword and spear, you are unlikely to help because lion that generated Typhon and echidna, reputed to be invincible. "
The same day, Heracles went to the struck dumb to kill the Nemean lion.
Land Niemen met his silence and neglect: the fields grew some weeds, vines dried up. So great was the fear of a monstrous lion, that city residents were afraid to leave their homes. Hercules tried to find the way to the lair of a lion, but he heard only one answer: "Leo himself will find you, as soon as you come into the forest. Nobody believed that the death can defeat a terrible beast.
For a long time searching for Hercules on wooded slopes and hollow ravines lair of a lion. Only in the evening heard a terrible roar coming from the dark cave.
Slowly, rolling his eyes angrily and violently lashing tail itself on the sides of the cave out oversized lion. Immediately, three arrows of Hercules in the air, sung and bounced off as hard as bronze armor, skins monster. Leo sat down, preparing for the fatal leap, but the son of Zeus managed to beat him: as the lightning flashed cosh Hercules and its crushing blow came straight to the head of the beast. Leo fell, but immediately got up and rushed to the breast of Heracles. But the mighty hand of Hercules converged on the lion's neck, squeezed and released only when the lion was already dead.
The carcass of a lion was so great that Hercules did not want to carry it in Mykonos. He tore off with a lion's skin with the head, throwing off the old skin kiferonskogo lion, which he wore with his early youth, and put a new - invulnerable to spears and arrows Nemean lion's skin.
With a cry of people fled at the sight of Hercules with a lion's jaws bared head, and King Eurystheus, crouching far corner of the throne room, shouting: "Go away!" Go away! "And do not dare come near to my palace!" My orders you will pass the mouthpiece! "

feat second: Lernaean Hydra ( but unscrupulous Erisfey not credited this feat, as Heracles helped him premyannik )
Did not have to rest after the victory over Heracles Nemean lion. Already the next morning Eurystheus, Hercules announced that it has to go to the source near the town of Lerna, where in a nearby swamp stuck desyatigolovoe monster - Hydra.
Heracles went there, taking with him his nephew Iolaya, but on condition that the fight with the hydra, he will be one on one.
Not far from the Argos knocked out of the ground source of clean water. But the trickle could not make its way to the river or the sea and flowed around in the hollows. Water stagnate, overgrown with reeds, and the valley turned into a swamp. Bright greens, always covering the swamp, beckoning to the weary traveler himself, but as soon as he stepped on the green lawn, with a hiss and a whistle surfaced out of the quagmire desyatigolovaya hydra, coiled his long slippery around their necks man prolong it into the swamp and devoured.
Hydra is accounted Nemean lion's sister, the same monstrous creatures Typhon and echidna. In the evening, when the hydra, eat, fall asleep, a poisonous breath of ten of its jaws was rising over the marsh and poisoned the air. He who breathed this air, which inevitably was sick for a long time been ill and dying. Therefore, people tried to stay away from the marsh, the more to settle around this terrible place.
When Hercules and Iole reached Lernejskaya swamps, Hydra was fed up and dozed. To lure the monster out of the quagmire, Hercules began allowing in the middle of the swamp flaming arrows, igniting the ends of the torch, which held Iola. Tease Hydra, he forced her to crawl out of the swamp. A cold tail, covered with stinking zhizhey, Nix threw a leg of Hercules and all the ten heads once hissed around him. Heracles more tightly wrapped in a lion's skin, a reliable defender of the poisonous snake's teeth and shook, drew his sword and began to cut one by one, the terrible head of Hydra.
But barely trickled from a wound the black blood on the spot severed head grew two new, angrier, more terrible. Soon Hercules was surrounded by living like a bush hissing heads, and they are all drawn to him, razevaya spraying poison jaws.
Heracles could not get off the ground - one of his legs was in the ring snake's tail, the other is mired in the marsh swill. His arm was tired hack and more new head of Hydra. Suddenly Heracles felt a sharp pain in his right leg and bent over, saw cancer, which sunk his claws into his heel. Hercules laughed: "Two against one?" It's not fair! "The struggle is not equal. Now I have the right to call a friend for help, help me one, Iola! Burn the fire of the wound as soon as my sword will carry the head of this creature!"

Iola did not have to ask a second time. Went off the head of Hydra - Iola prizheg torch wound. And where the fire touched decapitated neck, the new head has not grown. Soon the last of Hydra's head fell into the swamp. But she did not want to die. Her decapitated head opened his mouth, turned his angry eyes and spit a poisonous black blood.
Torso of Hydra and its many severed heads of Heracles ruled out of the swamp and buried deep in the ground. Then dip the tips of their arrows in the black blood of Hydra, and they became fatal.

feat Three: kerineyskaya doe
Next the king Eurystheus was as follows: on the slopes of the mountains began to appear Arcadian deer with golden horns and bronze hoofs. The peasants call her Kerineyskoy, on behalf of the city, near which it was first seen. Many tried to catch her, but barely seeing people fawn hiding in the blink of an eye in the impassable forest. Erisfey ordered Hercules to bring him the deer dedicated Artemile, alive.

Heracles went to Iola to the wild mountains of Arcadia. Neither his heavy cudgel, or bow with poisonous arrows of Heracles did not take, but picked up an ax so strong sharp knife.
Invulnerable mountain peaks Arcadia, overgrown with impenetrable forests, were the main obstacle to the heroes. Avalanches showered their icy dust, directly over their heads flew thunderstorm ...
Once, when the first rays of the rising sun painted with delicate pink snow mountain peaks, Hercules saw a deer with golden horns. "Look, there she is, Kerineyskaya doe" - whispered Hercules Iola.
Lan was so close to kill it would be easy, but they had to take her alive. Heracles felt that deer looked at him with a sneer: try, catch me, catch me if you can.
But when Hercules only move, like a deer darted away. He rushed her to the chase. All day he had pursued an elusive animal, then the second, third ... and a doe, not knowing weariness, careered through the mountains, across plains, leaped over the precipice, and swam across the river, running farther and farther to the north - a country Hyperborea. Hercules guessed: doe seeks in her native mountains of Arcadia, under the protection of its patroness of Artemis. Left behind Thrace, Thessaly, Boeotia, and the chase continued all. Mountains of Arcadia, were very close, when the deer resigned Hercules: can be no strength in it, and maybe she realized that she could not escape from fate. Connected Hercules Goldhorn deer, slung on his shoulders and walked slowly in Mykonos.
Suddenly, on a forest path appeared before him a beautiful maiden in a short tunic of light, with a hunting bow in his hands and quiver over his shoulders. Her face was angry, his eyes sparkled with indignation. An imperious gesture she stopped Hercules and said: "On the greedy mortals, why you are breaking the silence of my protected forest?" What is wrong done to you, man, this defenseless deer? "
Heracles learned excellent maiden - Artemis-hunter.
"Do not be angry with me, goddess!" - He replied .- I came here against their will. Kerineyskuyu catch deer king Eurystheus commanded me, and I told him I serve at the will of the almighty Zeus. So here I am, because I want to Zeus. Want you order, the goddess or not, at these heights, sooner or later people will come. It's so nice, here they can see around here the air is clean, and the man himself, getting up here to become cleaner and better. "
Look goddess relented. She went to the deer-related, gently patted her and said: "Well, what, Hercules, come his way. I will not take away from thee thy prey. And you, girlfriend, will soon come back to me!" With these words, Artemis has disappeared, as if dissolved in air.
Arriving at Mycenae, Heracles, on special request of Eurystheus, showed him Kerineyskuyu deer - doe cowardly king was not afraid. "Take her to me, Hercules. You can roast it and eat it. I doe not need this" - said Eurystheus.
Hercules remembered the words of Artemis: "Soon you will come back to me!" To these words were fulfilled, he brought a deer in sacrifice to the goddess-huntress.

feat fourfold: Erymanthian boar
And in the summer and autumn when the crop ripens in the fields, the peasants, who lived at the foot of the mountain Erimanf, found traces of the terrible devastation: the land was pereryta, crops trampled and uprooted, and the fruits in the gardens of crushed someone's brute force.
People are told that on the slopes of the mountains, covered with dense oak forest, lived a wild boar, which descended from the mountain at night and devastated the field. But so terrible were his teeth and hooves, that nobody dared to go into the forest and kill the beast.
And Eurystheus ordered Hercules to catch Erymanthian boar.

Many days went to Mount Hercules Erimanf to obey orders to Eurystheus. Several times he had seen from afar herds rushing madly, as if in a fit of madness, centaurs. Some gods know what day the way Hercules saw the cave, before which an unusually calm and unperturbed, was no longer a young centaur.

"Who are you, a brave, not afraid to wander into our possession?" - Asked the centaur.
"I'm king hunter - said Hercules .- King ordered me to get the wild boar, who lives on the mountain. Do not wilt shew me how to find him?"
"Oh, this boar greatly annoys us, the inhabitants of the mountain. I will show you the trail. But first, be my guest. My name is FOUL. I, unlike its brethren, I fear the law of hospitality. Come to my cave, I pour you cup of good wine. "
Hercules accepted an invitation Tola. Immediately opened jar of wine, and raised the cup. Other Centaurs sensed the fragrance of wine and descended to the cave Tola. Terribly angry they Tola, because he opened the jar for a person with cherished wine. Threatening Hercules death, they demanded that he came out of the cave and gave up.
Not Heracles hurled into centaurs burning smut from the hearth. "Call Chiron! Chiron here!" - Cried Centaurs. Hercules wondered: Is this wise Chiron among the herd? He came out of the cave, to welcome the noble centaur, and at the same moment in the son of Zeus throwing stones, which threw him mad with rage polukoni-half people.
What could I do Heracles? He pulled it a striker without missing a bow and began allowing in centaurs Lernejskaya arrows poisoned with the blood of Hydra.
One after another fell to the ground dead centaurs. Heracles moved their bodies in a cave, filled up her large stone, like a tomb, and went into the thicket Erymanthian forests.
Vepr he tracked down easily, caught him, took in Mykonos. Eurystheus refused to even look at the production of Hercules. As soon as she heard the roar Erymanthian boar, cowardly king was hiding in a large copper vessel for water.
Hercules laughed, told boar roast and arrange a treat to the people.

feat of five: Stymphalian birds
Once Heracles Eurystheus gave another order: "The king offers to you, Heracles, hunting wild ducks, or something like that. It is rumored that the Lake Stimfalskom bred birds, known as Stimfalidami. You have to shoot them - that's all."
Heracles knew that it was the birds of Ares, the god of war. They have brass beaks and claws. But not in their beak and claws of their main force, and in copper feathers, which they toss like an arrow, and the killing of people who eat human flesh.
Stimfalskoe lake lying although in Arcadia, but not far from the limits of Argolis. After two days' journey Hercules and Iola came in a dark hollow on the bottom of which shone Stimfalskoe lake.
Desert and the wild was all around: the bare rocks, no grass, no flower, no tree. Wind is not a ripple stirred the smooth surface of the lake, not a lizard basking in the sun. It was a dead silence.
Hercules and Iole sat on the rocks at the water's edge and gazed silently at the still lake. Tosca attacked them, fatigue paralyzed body, it became difficult to breathe.

Suddenly the sky fell to the feet Iolaya wooden clapper which farmers chase away birds from orchards and gardens. She sent Athena, the wise mentor and the assistant men. Iola grabbed her and started to shake. Loudly creaked it over the sleeping lake, and the echo multiplied a hundred times it produces noise. And then with a poplar grove rose a great bird, followed by another, third, a lot of ... a long line, blocking the sun, they slid over the smooth surface of Stymphalian lake. Another moment and the degree of acute copper feathers hit the shore, where he sat with his friend Heracles.
Well, that Hercules did not part with his cloak of skins Nemean lion - he had himself to them covered, and cover Iolaya. Deadly feathers Stimfalid now they were nestrashny. Heracles grabbed his bow from under the cloak began to destroy the monstrous birds, one after another.
Many Stimfalid, slain by the arrows of Heracles, fell into the black waters of the lake. Now it was no longer calm, the water was bubbling, white steam rose into the sky. The surviving birds soared to the clouds and disappeared from sight. In fear, they flew far beyond Greece - on the shore Evksinski Pontus and never returned.
"Let us go quickly from here, until we again clouded by a poisonous haze" - said Hercules, and, throwing them in boiling water rattle Athens, walked away.
The farther left friends from the accursed place, the more vigorous they felt. But long strange languor and pains in the bones to remind them of the deadly breath Stimfalskogo lake.

feat sixth: Augean stables ( Erisfey again siphoned off funds and is not credited this feat, because Heracles served him for a fee, although Augeas and refused to pay - another high moral character! )

Stimfalskie birds were the last creatures of monsters in the Peloponnese, as well as a power beyond the limits of the Peloponnese Eurystheus did not extend, Hercules decided that his office king is over.
But the mighty strength of Hercules would not allow him to live in idleness. He longed for the exploits and even rejoiced when Eurystheus commanded him one day to clean the manure from the stables elidskogo king Avgiya.
Augeas really mastered countless herds of fine horses. They were grazing in the fertile valley of the river Alpheus, and stables for years not been cleaned, were filled with manure.
Hercules came to Elis and Avgiyu said: "If you give me a tenth of their horses, I will cleanse the stables in one day."
Augeas laughed: he thought that the stable does not clean. "One tenth of my herds yours, Hercules - agreed Augeas - but if tomorrow morning everything will be clean the stables."
Heracles demanded to be given a shovel, and Augeas commanded to bring her hero. "How long do you have to work this shovel!" - He said. "Only one day," - replied Hercules and went ashore Alphaeus.
Half Day worked hard Hercules a shovel. He blocked the riverbed and the water took her straight to the royal stables. Torrent Alphaeus already in the evening took the entire manure from the stables, and together with manure and stables, and feeding, and even the dilapidated walls.
"Do not be hard, the king - said the Hercules - I cleaned your stables are not only manure, but from all that long ago rotted. I did more than promised." Now you give me your promise. "
But Avgiyu not want him to give his horses. He commanded two of his nephews to attack Heracles in an ambush and kill him. But how could two mortals to cope with the son of Zeus! And ambush them, did not help - they fell nephews Avgiya the hands of Hercules.
Great was the indignation of Hercules perfidy elidskogo king. Dispersed the palace guard, he was killed in fair fight Avgiya. Living Elis began to ask the winner to claim the throne Avgiya and become their king. But Hercules indignantly rejected this request. "I immediately Avgiya, - he said - not in order to seize his kingdom. Avgiya have a son, in no way wronged the gods. Let it governs you. I did before you leave, I want to bring offerings of Olympian Zeus and establish, in honor of his game. Suppose that from now until the end of time every four years athletes from all over Greece gather here at the competition. and let go until the Olympic Games, the world reigns in the land. "

feat seventh: Cretan bull
Soon came a new order Eurystheus: to tame the Cretan bull and take him to Argolida. This bull had once sailed to the island of Crete and the Cretan king Minos promised Poseidon, god of the sea to bring the bull to him in sacrifice. But the snow-white bull with golden horns so like Minos, the king left it to myself, to Poseidon and sacrificed another bull. Angry Poseidon sent down to the gold-mad, handsome, and he broke out of the stall, ran away with the royal court and became the terror of the whole island.
Ordered to Eurystheus, Heracles went to the beach and sat on the Phoenician ship, heading to Crete.
Faced with disposable Cretan bull, Heracles jumped on his back, wrapped horn and chain tightly torqued it. Tried in vain to throw off the bull's back unexpected wear - tight sat Hercules, harder and harder squeezing his legs ribs. Mournfully moaning, ran a bull to the sea rushed into the waves and swam. In the sea of madness left him, and he became quiet, as a parish worker in the field. Guided arm of Hercules, bull swam across the sea until the Peloponnese.
Heracles himself took the bull in the farmyard Eurystheus. But the shepherds were unable to keep him in the stable. The bull gone out to freedom and went for a walk around the Peloponnese, nobody davayas in hand, until he caught the young Theseus, son of the Athenian king Egeya.

feat eighth: the horses of Diomedes
And once again ordered Eurystheus to go on a long journey, this time to the north - to Thrace, to steal horses from the Thracian king Diomedes, and to drive them to Mycenae, and the horses they were cannibals. Diomedes fed them human flesh.

After reaching the sea, Heracles moved to the ship and sea reached the coast of Thrace. Along the way he learned a lot about horses of Diomedes. When an unknown ship approaching the Thracian coast, Diomedes sent his servants to invite newcomers to visit. He generously treated them and boasted of his Quartet miracle horses, told me that no one can restrain them, and therefore they are chained to stalls strong chains. Of course the guests have expressed a desire to see the extraordinary horses. Then the cruel king assigned the guests at the stables and gave them to their pets to devour.
Hercules came to the palace of Diomedes and asked the king to give him horses voluntarily. But Diomedes sent an army against Heracles. Easily swept hero is an army, and most of Diomedes gave to be devoured by his own horse-eater. Then he loaded the horses on the ship and safely delivered to their king Eurystheus. Eurystheus ordered the horses in Likeyskie mountains, and release them into the woods. They tore horses man-eating wild animals.

feat Nine: Time Hippolyta
The king Eurystheus was the young daughter of Admetus. Once she came to my father and said: "It is far to the east is the kingdom dominated by women. Armed with arrows, they jump on horseback and fighting bravely fighting the enemy. They call themselves the Amazons, and despise men and proud of their invincibility. My patroness of Hera revealed to me that the whole force of the Amazons is hidden in plain leather belt, which gave the god of war Ares his daughter, the queen of the Amazons Hippolytus. While she wears this belt, no one can beat her, and together with her and all the Amazons. Father, I want to be invincible, like this woman, and reign, with no one to share power. I want to get Time Hippolyta! "
It was found to Heracles is another matter worthy of his strength and courage. Eurystheus ordered Hercules to go for the belt of the Amazon queen.
Long journey to the country of the Amazons. To reach the kingdom of Hippolyta, had to cross the sea of mediocre to its eastern coast, and then passed through two narrow strait to swim farther to the east is the Water of another sea - Ponta Evksinski. Where in Evksinski sea pours hot river Fermodont worth Femiskira - the main city in the country of the Amazons.
Hercules outfitted ship, called to bring their faithful friends - Iolaya, the Athenian prince Theseus, and others. On the appointed day the ship Hercules set sail and went into the sea.
Finally breeze Evksinski Ponta brought the ship Hercules to the mouth of the river swirling steam. This was Fermodont. It has been a stone's throw from the capital city of the Amazons Femiskiry.
Femiskiry gate was locked when the Hercules with a small detachment went to the city. Keeper Amazon-Strážnice in a leather helmet, short chiton, a little like a moon on the wane shield in hand and an ax with two semi-circular blades.
"Why did you come, strangers to our shores?" What have you in the realm of women warriors? " - Asked Strážnice.

"Not willingly I came here with my friends - replied Hercules .- I sent King Eurystheus of Mycenae. Admetus His daughter wants to own a belt of your queen. If you give me your queen of this belt, I concelebrated her any service."
The Queen will be reported on this, - said Strážnice - wait. "
Soon from the city gate was made by a detachment riders. It was the queen of Hippolytus and his closest associates. "This is someone needed my belt?" Do not you know, the bearded giant? "- Hippolyte said, referring to Hercules .- Why did he do, he's a woman, and besides a little too small for you! However, if it's what you need, you can get it, but only in battle. "
Without saying another word, Hippolyte launched his horse and went to the city, was followed and its armed group. Only the best friend a beauty Hippolyta Antiope hesitated a bit: she could not tear his eyes away from the stately companion of Hercules, the Athenian prince Theseus.
As untamed forest fire broke out in the heart of the love of Antiope Theseus. She knew that the Amazons invincible until Hippolyte has cherished the belt, knew that the battle with the aliens is inevitable and that Theseus will inevitably perish in this battle.
Late at night Antiope snuck into the camp of Hercules, quietly entered the tent of Theseus and put his feet abducted her belt Hippolyta.
And the early morning under the walls Femiskiry fight broke out. As a whirlwind came down the Amazon camp Hercules. Foremost of all was the most rapid of the Amazons Aela. With her something and fought Hercules. Reflect its onslaught, he drew her to flee and was struck with a sword. Another Amazon, Protoya, struck down the seven satellites of Hercules, but she fell from the hand of the son of Zeus. Then attacked Heracles once three Amazons, three great huntress, Artemis, which itself took with them to hunt - were equal to them in the javelin. Just three spears were thrown at Hercules, none hit the target.
The fear was overcome Amazons. "Woe to us!" Where's your belt, Hippolyte! " - They shouted.
Remorse pang Antiope, who had betrayed his friends, but love to Theseus won it all other feelings.
With despair in my soul rushed into the thick of the battle queen Hippolyte. She knew that her cherished times - in the hands of the enemy. Heracles slew of its boom.
Seeing the death of his queen, the Amazons fled. Many of them were captured, many were killed.
In Mycenae Heracles gave Time Hippolyta Eurystheus, who gave it to her daughter Admetus, but she was afraid to own it. "Let this heavenly Time to return to the gods" - has decided to Admetus, and referred it to the temple of Hera as a gift to the goddess.

feat Ten: a herd of Geryon
Hercules did not have to wait for a new order Eurystheus. This time he had to go to the west, where the evening goes solar chariot, the Crimson Island in the middle of the ocean, where the giant three-headed Geryon grazes his herd of purple cows. The king ordered to drive these cows in Mykonos.
And Heracles went to sunset. He went through many countries and finally came to the high mountains on the edge of the earth, and began looking for an outlet to the ocean. The high granite mountains were impassable continuous ridge. Then Heracles loosened two huge cliffs and parted them. Poured water between them, and it was a water ocean. The sea, which lay in the middle of the earth, and which people call the Mediterranean, was connected with the ocean. Until now, standing there on the shore of the strait, as the two stone guards, huge, majestic Heracles Pillars.
Hercules passed through the mountains and saw the expanse of ocean surface. Somewhere in the middle of the ocean, lay Crimson Island - the island of the three-headed Geryon. But where is the place where the sun goes over infinite gray water of the ocean?
Hercules waited for the evening, sees: down on his fiery chariot drawn by four horses, an ancient titan - Helios-Sun. Unbearable heat of it scorched body of Hercules. "Hey!" - Shouted Hercules titanium, - it's not whether you want to incinerate me with his rays! Beware, I'm the son of Zeus! "From my arrows and gods lose their immortality!" He pulled the bow of Heracles, put on an arrow and took aim at the solar titanium. Vmig colder around, lowered his bow of Heracles - again, the heat began to grow.
Refer U.S. Journalists light forced Heracles to close my eyes, and when he opened them, saw the Helios, standing beside. "I see now that you're really a son of Zeus, - said Helios - the courage in you beyond the human action. I will help you. Sit in my boat, gold, and the heat is not my worry, the fire did not burn, does your skin pocherneet a little."
A huge golden boat, like a cup, took the solar titanium with his chariot, and Hercules.
Soon, amidst the waves struck the island - and indeed Crimson. All of it was tinged with a purplish-red: rocks, sand, tree trunks and foliage of the trees ...
"Here it is, the island Eriphyle - Helios said .- This is the goal of your journey. Farewell, Hercules, I must hurry." During the night I'm going to go around the whole earth, to the morning, as always, to ascend to the sky in the east. "
Hercules got off the shore, and the dark night settled over him - Helios sailed on a golden boat on its eternal way. And Heracles lay on the ground, absorbed the lion's skin and fell asleep.
He slept soundly and woke up until the morning of raucous barking. Above him stood a huge shaggy dog with fur the color of fresh blood and barked ferociously. "Take it, Orff, tear his throat" - heard Hercules, and the dog immediately jumped on him.
Club Heracles was always in his hand - one stroke, and the monstrous dog, born of Typhon and the echidna, rolled on the ground with a hole in his head. But a new enemy - the huge growth of the shepherd. His hair, beard, face, clothes, like all on this island, were fiery red. He waved his shepherd's stick and, izrygaya curse, lashed out at Hercules. Fight that was short lived. The son of Zeus struck the shepherd in the chest, so much so that laid him dead next to the murdered dog.
Now, Hercules could look around. He saw a flock at the edge of the forest: the cows were in it red, but bulls - black. They were guarded by another shepherd, but with a black face, black beard and dressed in black. Heracles fighting with him did not have to: when a hero, he dashed off with a cry in the woods.
Only one enemy remained in Gerekla - a giant three-headed Geryon. Because of the forest heard the terrible roar of the triple, the pasture was in a hurry owner himself drove.
This monster Hercules had not yet seen! It fused the three bodies: three pairs of hands, three pairs of legs, three heads and only one stomach was common - huge, like a wine vat in folk merrymaking. Quickly her feet like a giant insect, he rushed to Hercules.
He raised his bow of Heracles - whistled impregnated with poison Lernaean hydra arrow pierced his chest in the middle of Geryon, and bowed his head is average, and two hands hanging helplessly. For the first arrow flew the second, her third. But Geryon was still alive - slowly absorbed the poison of the blood of his huge body. As three lightning brought down three Hercules crushing blow to the head of Geryon, and only then came to an end.
Remained to bring the herd in Mykonos. About Hercules killed a shepherd found the pipe, put it to his lips, began to play, and the herd obediently followed him to the ocean.
In the evening, when the bank on a golden boat, sailed Helios, Hercules asked him to transport him from the herd to the mainland. "How can I do this? - Helios surprised. - What will people say when they saw that the sun comes back? Do this: drove the herd on the boat, sit in it himself and swim to the mainland. I'll wait here and I will return the boat your intercessor Pallas Athena.
So did Hercules. He swam across the ocean to the east, to a large land bank and drove gerionovo herd through mountains, through foreign countries - in Mykonos. But, as before, Eurystheus refused to even look at the cows and oxen of Geryon. On his orders, the whole herd was sacrificed to the goddess Hera.
Миниатюры
Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 1 lion.jpg
Просмотров: 1611
Размер:	22.8 Кб
ID:	99546   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 2 hydre.jpg
Просмотров: 1479
Размер:	27.5 Кб
ID:	99556   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 3 biche..jpg
Просмотров: 1278
Размер:	28.2 Кб
ID:	99566   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 4 sanglier.jpg
Просмотров: 1176
Размер:	27.6 Кб
ID:	99576   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 5 oiseaux.jpg
Просмотров: 1037
Размер:	27.1 Кб
ID:	99586  

Название: 6 ecuries.jpg
Просмотров: 1020
Размер:	23.7 Кб
ID:	99596   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 7 toreau.jpg
Просмотров: 1026
Размер:	26.9 Кб
ID:	99606   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 8 chevaux.jpg
Просмотров: 1044
Размер:	25.8 Кб
ID:	99616   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 9 amazones.jpg
Просмотров: 962
Размер:	27.8 Кб
ID:	99626   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: 10 geryon.jpg
Просмотров: 952
Размер:	27.7 Кб
ID:	99636  

LCR вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Эти 11 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо LCR за это полезное сообщение:
Admin (07.01.2009), Art-lover (08.01.2009), dedulya37 (08.01.2009), Glasha (09.11.2009), Grigory (07.01.2009), Marina56 (07.01.2009), ottenki_serogo (07.01.2009), SDN (08.01.2009), voloviks (16.03.2009), zarajara (10.01.2011), олег назаров (24.10.2009)
Старый 07.01.2009, 21:09 Язык оригинала: Русский       #2
Гуру

Поблагодарили 38,258 раз(а) в 5,446 сообщениях

feat eleventh: Apples of the Hesperides

Long ago, when a light Olympus gods celebrated the wedding of Zeus and Hera, Gaia-Earth gave the bride a magic tree on which grew the golden apples. These apples have the property to return the youth. But none of the people did not know where the garden in which grows a wonderful apple tree. Rumor has it that the garden that belongs to the nymphs, the Hesperides, and it is located on the edge of the earth, where the titan Atlas holds the sky on his shoulders, and the apple tree with golden fruit protects the young giant Stoglavy serpent Ladon.
While Heracles wandered on earth, fulfilling the orders of king Eurystheus with each passing day becoming old and feeble. He had begun to fear that Hercules takes his power and he will become king. Here and pretentious Eurystheus Heracles send a golden apples in the hope that from such a given he'll never return - or vanish in the way, or perish in the battle with the palm.
Читать дальше... 
again went Heracles all Hellas, all of Thrace, visited the country Hyperborea and came finally to the distant river Eridanus. The nymphs who lived on the banks of the river, penetrated with pity for the hero-wanderer and advised him to turn to veschemu Sea Nereyu elder, who knew everything.
Heracles went to the sea, began to call Nera. Wave of the shore, and frisky dolphins surfaced from the depths of the sea gay Nereids, daughters of the sea old man, and behind them came and Nereus himself with a long gray beard. "What do you want from me, mortal?" - Asked Nereus. "Show me the way to the garden of the Hesperides, where it is said, is growing apples with golden fruits of his youth" - asked Hercules.
So the hero of Nereus replied: "Everyone knows me, I see all that is hidden from the eyes of people - but not all about telling you. And you do not say anything. Come, death, on his way." Angry Hercules, and with the words "you say, old man, when I gently hold you" grabbed Nera his powerful hands.
At the moment one became an old man in a large marine fish and slid from the embrace of Hercules. Hercules has come to fish tail - she hissed and turned into a snake. Heracles grabbed the snake - she turned to fire. Heracles scooped water from the sea, would flood the fire - the fire turned into water and ran water to the sea in their native element.
But not so easy to get away from the son of Zeus! Heracles dug in the sand pit, and he blocked the water way to the sea. And the water rose suddenly and became a pillar of wood. Hercules waved the sword, would cut the tree - the tree has turned into a white bird, seagull.
What is there left to do Heracles? He raised his bow and he has already pulled the string. Then, frightened by the deadly arrows, resigned Nereus. He received his initial appearance and said: "Silenus you, mortal, human, and dare to above measures. All the secrets of the world can open such a hero. Listen to me and remember. The path to the garden, which grows apples with golden fruit, lies across the sea in a hot Libya. Then come the sea coast to the west until you reach the end of the earth.'ll see titanium Atlanta, which already holds a thousand years on his shoulders the firmament - so he was punished for his rebellion against Zeus. Garden of the Hesperides, nymphs - next. In the garden what you mean. And here is how you frustrate the sacred apples - he decide. Stoglavy serpent Ladon and not let you close to the apple tree of Hera.
In the end, Hercules came to the sultry Libya. For a long time he wandered on loose sand under the burning rays of the sun, and met a giant as tall as the ship's mast.
"Stop!" - Cried the giant .- What do you want in my desert? "
"I go to the edge of the world, seeking the garden of the Hesperides, where the tree grows younger", - said Heracles.
Barred giant road Heracles. "I am the master here, - he said menacingly .- I Antaeus, the son of Gaea, the Earth. I did not pass through my possessions. Fight with me." Beat me - go on, if not - will stay. " And pointed to a giant pile of skulls and bones, poluzasypannyh sand.
Heracles had to fight with the son of the Earth. Raz attacked Hercules and Antaeus each other, clasping hands. Antaeus was enormous, heavy and strong as a stone, but Hercules was - prompt: nimbly, he threw Antaeus to the ground and pinned him to the sand. But if increased tenfold force Anthea, as a feather, he threw off his Hercules and again started melee. The second time overturned Heracles Antaeus, son of the earth again and went up easily, as if the fall had been added strength ... the power of the giant Hercules was amazed, but before the third time, get together with him in a deadly duel understood: Antaeus - son of the earth, she, her mother - Gaia gives new strength to his son every time he touches it.
The outcome of the fight was now a foregone conclusion. Hercules clasped Anthea, lifted him up off the ground, and so kept it up until it suffocated in his hands.
The path to the garden of the Hesperides was free. Without interference Heracles came to the edge of the world where the sky meets the earth. Here, and he saw the titanium Atlanta buttressed his shoulders the firmament.

"Who are you and why come here?" - Asked Atlanta Hercules.
"I need the apples from the tree of youth that grows in the garden of the Hesperides" - replied Hercules.
Atlanta laughed: "You do not get these apples. Stoglavy them to guard a dragon. He does not sleep, day or night and not let anyone to a tree. But I can help you: after the Hesperides - my daughter." You just stand on my seat and hold sky, and I'll go and fetch the apples. Three you enough? "
Agreed Hercules put it on the ground in their weapons and lion's skin, stood next to titanium and a shoulder to under the vault of heaven. Atlanta stretched his weary back and went for the golden apples.
Terrible weight down crystal dome of the sky on the shoulders of Hercules, but he stood like an invincible rock and waited ...
Finally returned to Atlanta. In his hands flashed three golden apples. "To give them up?" - He asked .- Tell me, I'll go and give it up. I do so want to walk the earth. How tired I stand here on the edge of the world, and it's hard to keep the sky, I am glad that I found myself changing. "
"Wait, - said calmly Hercules - let me just, Put on his shoulders the lion's skin. Put the apples on the ground and hold the sky, until I'll get more comfortable."
It can be seen far off was mind titan Atlas. He put the apples on the ground and again hoisted the sky on his shoulders. And Hercules picked up the golden apples, wrapped in a lion's skin, bowed to Atlanta and left without looking back.
Heracles went to go and when night fell on the ground. He hurried in Mycenae, in anticipation that comes the end of his service the king Eurystheus. The night sky falling star. This Atlanta in anger at Heracles shook the firmament.
"Here, Eurystheus, I'll bring the apples of the Hesperides. Now you can become young again," - said the Hercules returned to Mycenae.
He handed his hands to Eurystheus the golden apples, but then withdrew. He was terrified. "It's apples of Hera, - he thought - suddenly she will punish me if I'll eat them."
Stamped Eurystheus. "To hell with you with these apples! - He shouted at Hercules .- Get out of my palace!" You can throw these apples! "
Gone Heracles. He went home and thought what to do with the apples of youth. Suddenly, before him there was the goddess of wisdom Athena. "The wisdom of more youth" - as if someone whispered to him. Heracles gave apples Athena, with a smile, she took them and disappeared.

The feat of the twelfth and final taming of Cerberus
A few days Heracles passed last order Eurystheus: descend into Hades and bring in Mykonos three-headed dog Cerberus, guardian of the underworld.
The order was worth eleven previous: he had to go back to where no mortal has not come back - in the land of the dead.
"I dragged Cerberus on a rope, like a stray dog, straight to the palace, but after that - I am no longer the servant of Eurystheus' - decided to Hercules, and the mighty banged his fist on the table, went on the road.
It was Hercules, looking at the blooming land, blue sea, on the whole a warm, sunny world, and the anguish clutched his heart. Terrible living on their own to go into the realm of the dead!
Heracles was heard up to the Southern Peloponnese, here in Tenarskoy cave was the entrance to the abode of Hades. He found a cave thenar and the bed of an underground river began to descend into the depths of the earth. Suddenly behind him he heard light footsteps. Hercules looked around and saw a whitish twilight Hermes, the winged messenger of Zeus.
"Lord of Olympus instructed me to be your guide, Hercules," - said Hermes. He took the hero's hand, and together they began to descend deeper and deeper into the womb of Gaia.
Coming into the swirling mists earthly breath, they saw a white rock.
"It Lefkada - explained Hermes - River of Oblivion, a quiet Summer, flowing beneath it. On the cliff shadows of the dead leave the memories of his earthly life, and fowl that they cover with water. Only after drinking sacrificial blood, shadows of the dead for a short time can remember who they are and what they were when they lived in a world of the living.
Oblivion River flowed into another muddy muddy river Acheron. On its banks stood frail wooden canoe, and sullen, bearded carrier waiting for the newcomers.
"Hello, Charon! - Hermes said .- I hope you're an old friend perevezesh us to the other side for free?"
Charon silently pointed to a place in the boat. Hermes and Heracles him into the boat, and under her keel quietly zazhurchala water.
On the other side of the grove of black poplars grew. Behind it rose a wall with brass gates. They were wide open, and in front of them sat a gigantic tricipital dog - the guardian of the underworld.
The dog wagged its tail quite friendly and, as usual yard dog, shook her six ears. Only small black balls of snakes that grew in place of wool on his back, hissed and stuck out his forked tongue, but dragon head on the tip of the tail, sharp teeth bared.
"He is not sensed in you, Heracles, his mortal enemy - Hermes said - though he is complacent to all incoming. But to those who try to leave, he is merciless."
Beyond the gate lay a vast meadow, covered with pale yellow flowers. Hovered over the meadow legions of shadows. Neither joy nor suffering did not express their pale ghostly face. Heracles learned many, but it did not recognize anybody.
Over the meadow seemed palace ruler of the kingdom of the dead Hades and his wife Persephone.
"Now I must leave you, - said Hermes. His latest feat in the service of King Eurystheus you must accomplish without my help." At its winged sandals Hermes soared into the air and quickly disappeared from sight.
And Hercules picked up a cudgel with which he never parted, and struck her in the copper photocell doors. They trembled, but withstood the blow. Gathering all his strength, Hercules struck a second time - there was a buzz throughout the underground kingdom, but still steadfastly stood copper doors. The third time, lowered Hercules heavy cudgel for alignment - they heard the rattle of broken shutters, and doors swung open.
Hercules came to the palace chambers and saw himself Hades, ruler of the kingdom of the dead, and his wife Persephone. They sat on two golden thrones and watched with amazement at the living person. Hercules, the majestic and serene, courageously stood before them, relying on his enormous club.
Man in lion's skin, with a club and a bow over his shoulder? "Yes, it is not otherwise Hercules, the son of Zeus, you come to us," - said Hades .- What do you want? Ask. You have nothing I will not deny. You're on the father after all, my nephew. "
"Oh, the ruler of the kingdom of the dead - was responsible Hercules - do not be angry with me for my intrusion!" And I have one request: Give me the dog Cerberus. I must take him to King Eurystheus. This is his last order. Perform it - and will be free .

"I let you take Cerberus to the land - said Hades - if he let you out and if you take it without arms, with their bare hands."
Thanked Aida Hercules and went back to the gate that guarded the Cerberus. Now they were closed. Cerberus asleep in front of them, putting on the black road, all three of their heads.
Hearing steps of Heracles, Cerberus awoke, jumped up, growled and quickly rushed to the Hercules. Heracles put his left hand, wrapped in a lion's skin, and the right dog grabbed his neck. Howling Cerberus, wild cry rang throughout his subterranean kingdom. Teeth of all three goals, he stared at the lion's skin, the snake on the back of the dog began to spit venom, but the head of the dragon, grew up on the tip of its tail, sharp teeth snapping at the bare feet of Hercules.
But Hercules did not feel pain. He clasped the dog's neck and trail it behind him on the river, to the ferry. There, on the shore, half-Kerber fell to the ground, spilled from the mouth of three of his tongue, snake's head drooped, and the evil dragon's head eyes closed. Hercules threw a dog chain around his neck, pulled her twice, and a terrible dog rose and dutifully trudged off to the winner.
In came the horror of the carrier Charon, when I saw the Hercules, a leading chain of Cerberus. "Ferried see me at the shore, the old man - said Hercules Charon .- I do not think that I stole the dog: Hades allowed me to withdraw the dog on the ground."
Do not dare to contradict the old Hercules carrier. Cautiously avoiding the Cerberus, he put Hercules in a boat and quickly earned the oars.
Having crossed the river Acheron, Heracles went to the familiar road to the river of Oblivion. Cerberus, heads bowed to the ground, trotted forlornly beside him.
So they came to the overgrown meadow with yellow flowers. When out on the ground was very close, Cerberus has become a plaintive whine and almost crawled over Heracles. And when they went to the free space, sunlight blinded guard the underground, he trembled, yellow foam dripped from his mouth, and wherever it fell to the ground, grew a poisonous herb.
In Mycenae Heracles, as promised, Cerberus led directly to the royal palace. In the indescribable horror came to Eurystheus the mere sight of a terrible dog.
Hercules laughed, looking at the cowardly king. "Well, hurry, turn back and wait for Eurystheus copper gate Aida", - said Hercules and Cerberus withdrew chain. And the dog in an instant sped back into the realm of the dead.
Thus ended the service of King Eurystheus Heracles. But waiting for the hero's new exploits and new tests.

Миниатюры
Название: hesperides.11.jpg
Просмотров: 724
Размер:	28.5 Кб
ID:	99646   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: cerbere.12.jpg
Просмотров: 712
Размер:	27.0 Кб
ID:	99656   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: antheus.h.jpg
Просмотров: 622
Размер:	26.0 Кб
ID:	99666   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: athena.egide.jpg
Просмотров: 599
Размер:	28.8 Кб
ID:	99676   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: busiris-herakles.jpg
Просмотров: 617
Размер:	27.7 Кб
ID:	99686  

Название: herakles_figthing.jpg
Просмотров: 566
Размер:	27.9 Кб
ID:	99696   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: libere.prometee.jpg
Просмотров: 552
Размер:	24.3 Кб
ID:	99706   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: nessus.jpg
Просмотров: 651
Размер:	27.3 Кб
ID:	99716   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: image008.jpg
Просмотров: 573
Размер:	47.6 Кб
ID:	99736   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: équipage.jpg
Просмотров: 549
Размер:	217.9 Кб
ID:	99746  

LCR вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Эти 10 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо LCR за это полезное сообщение:
Admin (07.01.2009), dedulya37 (08.01.2009), Glasha (09.11.2009), Grigory (07.01.2009), Marina56 (07.01.2009), ottenki_serogo (07.01.2009), SDN (08.01.2009), voloviks (16.03.2009), Кирилл Сызранский (07.01.2009), олег назаров (24.10.2009)
Старый 07.01.2009, 22:35 Язык оригинала: Русский       #3
Бывалый

Поблагодарили 763 раз(а) в 134 сообщениях

Hercules and the Hydra Lernejskaya
Миниатюры
Название: heracles06.jpg
Просмотров: 653
Размер:	51.9 Кб
ID:	99756   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: heracles07.jpg
Просмотров: 777
Размер:	158.4 Кб
ID:	99766   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: heracles08.jpg
Просмотров: 817
Размер:	134.1 Кб
ID:	99786   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: hydra01.jpg
Просмотров: 695
Размер:	39.8 Кб
ID:	99796  

ottenki_serogo вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Эти 8 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо ottenki_serogo за это полезное сообщение:
dedulya37 (08.01.2009), Glasha (09.11.2009), Grigory (07.01.2009), LCR (07.01.2009), SDN (08.01.2009), voloviks (16.03.2009), Кирилл Сызранский (07.01.2009), олег назаров (24.10.2009)
Старый 07.01.2009, 22:45 Язык оригинала: Русский       #4
Бывалый

Поблагодарили 763 раз(а) в 134 сообщениях

Hercules and Hippolyta are
Миниатюры
Название: amazons02.jpg
Просмотров: 539
Размер:	162.0 Кб
ID:	99806   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: heracles40.jpg
Просмотров: 551
Размер:	31.0 Кб
ID:	99816   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: amazons03.jpg
Просмотров: 568
Размер:	124.7 Кб
ID:	99826   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: heracles39.jpg
Просмотров: 508
Размер:	42.6 Кб
ID:	99836   Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: heracles41.jpg
Просмотров: 480
Размер:	68.8 Кб
ID:	99846  

ottenki_serogo вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Эти 10 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо ottenki_serogo за это полезное сообщение:
Art-lover (08.01.2009), dedulya37 (08.01.2009), Glasha (09.11.2009), Grigory (07.01.2009), LCR (07.01.2009), SDN (08.01.2009), voloviks (16.03.2009), Кирилл Сызранский (07.01.2009), олег назаров (24.10.2009)
Ответ

Метки
Vases, Greek intichnost, ceramics

Опции темы
Опции просмотра