Вернуться   Форум по искусству и инвестициям в искусство > Дневники > Про искусство
 English | Русский Forum ARTinvestment.RU RSS Регистрация Дневники Справка Сообщество Сообщения за день Поиск

Оценить эту запись

Photographer Lillian Bassman \ Fashionable retro photographer Lillian Bassman

Запись от Про искусство размещена 15.04.2014 в 12:11

Lillian Bassman (Lillian Bassman) - it was a well-known name in the field of fashion photography 50 - 60s.But gradually disillusioned with the fashion industry, Lillian actually stopped studying photography and threw most of his negatives. He had to happen that after many years in the old barn unexpectedly found a box of negatives.This box has become a kind of remake of the past. Old negatives Lillian Bassman brought her international fame and universal recognition.

Patrisia Kaas * Jojo *

Bassman - this self-taught photographer , who , according to her own statement, was trying to"get rid of gravity in the pictures." All photos of Lillian Bassman made ​​in the same , very recognizable style.It"s a bit blurry black and white images that resemble paintings. That"s why critics unanimously carried working women photographers to the style of abstract expressionism , so unusual for contemporary photography.

(499x699, 74Kb)

From Harper"s Bazaar and other publications appeared its monochrome images , very similar to the graphics or painting. They had their own aura, sensuality and emotional mood, reflecting the fashion world at the time. To get away from the concrete and create delicate images, Lillian not only conducted various experiments with the processing of negatives , but also tried to shoot out of focus on long exposures.As a result , her pictures do not reflect the documented fashion and not talked about clothes , and passed the viewer uncertain , attractive atmosphere.

Lillian filmed in black and white film mostly her friends , turning ordinary fashion photographs in real psychological portraits.Incidentally, this Lillian Bassman became one of the first photographers who bared their models to their underwear.At that time it was very bold and daring step. Her career and creativity were on the rise, while in the early 70s she was disappointed in fashion photography.

since the late 40 "s to mid 60"s black-and- white photographs of Lillian Bassman appeared regularly in the pages of the American Journal of Harper"sBazaar. It has evolved into an influential fashion photographer , on copyright , inimitable style which grew next generation of talented photographers , including the notorious Arnold Newman and Robert Frank.

Lillian Bassman
It"sa Cinch Carmen, New York, Harper"s Bazaar, 1951

Bassman unfortunately realized that fashion- photography has evolved into streaming art.In addition, she told The Times commented on his decision to leave the fashion industry :" I ceased to be a star. Models become famous. Hairdresser and makeup artist became known.They took away my glory , and I was away from it all. I was bored".

Nevertheless , after Lillian retired from work in the fashion industry , she continued to withdraw their abstract , psychological portraits are not for fashion magazines, but for yourself. In the 80s , instead of photos Bassman took tailoring and opened a designer boutique , enjoyed great popularity.Their old photographs for a long time she felt lost. And just then the fun began.Those same boxes of negatives , which she thought she had once thrown into the street , suddenly in the early 90s showed up in the coal shed. Lillian decided to dismantle them and print their old negatives again.

with the help of special treatment when printing it has ensured that it shaped black and white images have become more contrasting.Lillian Bassman to success was immediate.In 1992, in New York, held a solo exhibition of photographs , printed from old negatives. She is rewarded with numerous awards and returns to the world of fashion.

photos Bassman made ​​many decades ago for promotional purposes , today acquired a new meaning , a new artistic value. First of all, from his box Lillian took the very aesthetics forgotten 50 - 60s , which is lacking in contemporary photography.Looking at these black and white , abstract pictures , we like to watch newsreels and get into a parallel reality.

Author Lillian Bassman style that brought her international fame - it blurred the outlines of objects and images , fleeting and swim away from the frame face models , indescribable atmosphere of each picture. Achieve all this let her very hard work on the negatives and the subtle mastery of the technique.Monochrome images Lillian Bassman - this sensuality , tenderness , sublimity , fragility and spirituality.

She loved to shoot in black and white film and the reason is simple :" In the black-and- white photographs have the energy , there is a mystery - I do not know how to describe it.it either feel or not. way I see things - in black and white.I understand that you can shoot in color , but the color does not bring me the emotions that give me a black-and- white photographs ."

In February 2012 , aged 94 at his home in Manhattan Lillian Bassman died.

According to the chief editor Glenda Bailey Harper"sBazaar Lillian"changed the history of fashion , changed the picture and changed our view of a woman ... She was a pioneer , saw new directions , and her work has been unusually strong".

Lillian Bassman
The Well-Dressed Leg, Dorian Leigh, New York
Harper"s Bazaar, 1948

(498x587, 77Kb)

(675x522, 59Kb)

Link to original
Размещено в Без категории
Просмотров 3435 Комментарии 0
Всего комментариев 0

Комментарии

Часовой пояс GMT +3, время: 16:07.
Telegram - Обратная связь - Обработка персональных данных - Архив - Вверх